Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 385 posts
  • 139 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JoelOmatik
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    2013_No._1_113.JPG
    june_2012_019.JPG
    20130422_182132.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Facebook_13-03-13_IAGS.jpg
    image.jpg
    Pins_and_needles.jpg
    janine_pinball2.jpg
    charcoal_grills_1.jpg
    563338_10200289562577044_891447587_n.jpg
    2_13_F.png
    There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
    #101 11 years ago

Thanks for leading the Charge, Molly.Does that mean that "Plays like a Girl" isn't so bad anymore ?

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from Batgirl:

Thanks for leading the Charge, Molly.Does that mean that "Plays like a Girl" isn't so bad anymore ?

No, it's still bad.

(I'm Joking!)

#103 11 years ago

Molly you are a Goddess

#104 11 years ago

Interesting mix of pins from 60's/70's/80's/90's in PinballMolly's collection.
    A few things I noticed from checking out some of these pins on ipdb:

* '65 Gtb Bank-A-Ball, 1st pin produced w/ flipper return inlanes.
    * '66 Gtb Cross Town, has backbox animation, and last Gottlieb w/ manual ball lift mechanism
    * '66 Bly Bazaar, 1st pin w/ zipper flippers
    * '80 Wms Firepower, 1st electronic pin w/ multi-ball, & 1st multi-ball multi-player
    * '80 Wms Alien Poker, implemented "smart" drop targets into gameplay
    * '81 Bly Centaur, ahead of its time w/ cool artwork, 5-ball multi-ball in 1981
    * '85 Gtb Tag Team Pinball, 1st pin w/ team scoring
    * '86 Gtb Hollywood Heat, 1st pin w/ 8-digit scoring
    * '86 Gtb Genesis, 1st pin that I know of that had purple ramps + robot/regenerator + a half dressed short-guy sidekick party dude on the backglass {Ha!, what's up w/ that?}
    * '87 Data East Laser War, 1st pin by Data East, 1st pin w/ stereo sound
    * '90 Wms Rollergames, has a 2-stage kick-back along left side

Honorable mention for the cool backglass artwork on Mustang & Mystic

#105 11 years ago

And Future Spa is the first Bally with continuous sound. Not to mention the first - and only - based on a spa....set in the future!

Molly, is that you Ive seen at PAPA? Mostly in motion (when not playing a pin) wearing black T, black jeans and black glasses? Nelson

#106 11 years ago

Alright shes got one with zipper flippers?! I STILL havent been able to find a place or some one who will let me come over to play a machine with those. Cant wait for March now even more!

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from plowpusher:

Molly you are a Goddess

This is as far from the truth as a Black Rose flipper is from Broadside!

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Interesting mix of pins from 60's/70's/80's/90's in PinballMolly's collection.
    A few things I noticed from checking out some of these pins on ipdb:
    * '65 Gtb Bank-A-Ball, 1st pin produced w/ flipper return inlanes.
    * '66 Gtb Cross Town, has backbox animation, and last Gottlieb w/ manual ball lift mechanism
    * '66 Bly Bazaar, 1st pin w/ zipper flippers
    * '80 Wms Firepower, 1st electronic pin w/ multi-ball, & 1st multi-ball multi-player
    * '80 Wms Alien Poker, implemented "smart" drop targets into gameplay
    * '81 Bly Centaur, ahead of its time w/ cool artwork, 5-ball multi-ball in 1981
    * '85 Gtb Tag Team Pinball, 1st pin w/ team scoring
    * '86 Gtb Hollywood Heat, 1st pin w/ 8-digit scoring
    * '86 Gtb Genesis, 1st pin that I know of that had purple ramps + robot/regenerator + a half dressed short-guy sidekick party dude on the backglass {Ha!, what's up w/ that?}
    * '87 Data East Laser War, 1st pin by Data East, 1st pin w/ stereo sound
    * '90 Wms Rollergames, has a 2-stage kick-back along left side
    Honorable mention for the cool backglass artwork on Mustang & Mystic

This was fascinating! Honestly didn't know that about Bank a Ball! Flash was the first Ritchie "figure 8" I believe, and to add to your Firepower notes, FP had the first changeable rollovers. Can't help ya make sense of the Genesis art package though, ha.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Molly, is that you Ive seen at PAPA? Mostly in motion (when not playing a pin) wearing black T, black jeans and black glasses? Nelson

Probably, I go to PAPA every year and I have been attending Pinburgh since it was Cupids & Canines! Only 8 seats left at Pinburgh 2013, I heard. Anyway Nelson I'll try and spice up the ol' duds some more this year!

#108 11 years ago

Pinburgh... Can't wait!

#109 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMolly:

Hmm, well, whenever that Passenger video came out I was roundly blasted about it, manly by him. Thought that was a couple years ago. Since everyone and their brother here in LA needs a spot to shoot short documentaries, PNN gets a little too much camera time methinks! I absolutely can't stand being on camera, but I also don't like to be a poor sport, so I now have a whole mess of these videos to be skewered about in public, yaaaaaay!

Look Molly, we have no choice, we can't stop making short documentaries. If we do, what will we do with all the hipster band songs coming out? Without short documentaries, there's no market for sentimental music with whistling and ukuleles. I'd hate to put all those bands out on the street, I mean, with their neckbeards and tattoos, I hardly think they could find gainful employment.

#110 11 years ago

Molly said:
    Probably, I go to PAPA every year and I have been attending Pinburgh since it was Cupids & Canines! Only 8 seats left at Pinburgh 2013, I heard. Anyway Nelson I'll try and spice up the ol' duds some more this year!
    <<<

Well, I'll see you there and introduce myself. I'll still be looking for the young, female, johnnycash/buddyholly/onlycuter player.

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Look Molly, we have no choice, we can't stop making short documentaries. If we do, what will we do with all the hipster band songs coming out? Without short documentaries, there's no market for sentimental music with whistling and ukuleles. I'd hate to put all those bands out on the street, I mean, with their neckbeards and tattoos, I hardly think they could find gainful employment.

Ooh, you don't like hipsters, do ya. I like them! They're always laughing and they ain't afraid to dress sorta stupid, plus they seem to stuff a lotta quarters into their skinny jeans. I have a neck tattoo and I've worked full time with it for years; I don't think anyone has ever said a thing! I support the documentary scene! Hence the fact that there are like eight of these vids, haha. No one even busted out the OBEY one or the one from KCET!

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, I'll see you there and introduce myself. I'll still be looking for the young, female, johnnycash/buddyholly/onlycuter player.

Please say hi! I'll be running around with m'little tool cart again!

#112 11 years ago

Molly has her own website. http://www.pinsandneedlesla.com/

#113 11 years ago

Angie bested out 14 other players to take the B Division crown, back in April at the Fountain Square Pinball Social in Indianapolis! Pictured below is a very ecstatic and exhausted champion, with the finals lasting until 2:30 AM.

AngieFountainSquareIndy.jpgAngieFountainSquareIndy.jpg

#114 11 years ago

Ooh, you don't like hipsters, do ya. I like them!

Hehe, I like everyone. Celebrate who you are, and all. Just poking fun at indie documentaries (of which I seem to watch a lot of!) and ukulele music. All in jest, hence the original smiley

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Hehe, I like everyone. Celebrate who you are, and all. Just poking fun at indie documentaries (of which I seem to watch a lot of!) and ukulele music. All in jest, hence the original smiley

Let's be clear here, I was just razzing you, too; I simply don't know how to type those handy emoticons! Also Pins and Needles is situated in a music rehearsal/lockout building that hosts over 200 bands in the hipsteriest neighborhood on the west coast...just standing up for my peeps! I'm to old to be hip, so I'm a "flipster".

#116 11 years ago

Let's be clear here, I was just razzing you, too; I simply don't know how to type those handy emoticons! Also Pins and Needles is situated in a music rehearsal/lockout building that hosts over 200 bands in the hipsteriest neighborhood on the west coast...just standing up for my peeps! I'm to old to be hip, so I'm a "flipster".

The coolest people are cool because they don't think they are cool, other people do.
    That is the essence of cool, if you think you are then you're not.

#117 11 years ago

WOW Molly, I think you are simply incredible! I think your videos are great!
    I am new to Pinside, trying to pick up on things, but I can tell you that anyone giving you ANY kind of grief (Frank-"hurter") really needs to look at themselves in the mirror! He's probably really homely and insecure and lonely. Perhaps we should feel bad for him (nope).... You on the other hand seem like the perfect girl.
    Though I will most likely never get down to your Los Angeles arcade, just know that you are always welcome up here in Canada where you will always have myself and a whole host of others just as weird as us to hang out with (Plus we have great beer)
    However....I do believe I invented that double bird move.....or maybe I'm just really bad and use it the most!
    Good luck with your passions; Keep posting those videos of your machines and never lose your character!!!!!!

#118 11 years ago

I'm to old to be hip, so I'm a "flipster".

But you're never too old to be cool. My dad was one of the coolest people I ever knew, even in his old age.

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I don't even understand half of what was said here but I found it pretty funny!

#120 11 years ago

Once you're too old to be hip you're hep!

#121 11 years ago

.... I simply don't know how to type those handy emoticons! blockquote>

Same here. Hoping someone chimes in with the answer. I searched pinside and could not find anything relating to emoticons.

#122 11 years ago

I simply don't know how to type those handy emoticons! .

Same here. Hoping someone chimes in with the answer. I searched pinside and could not find anything relating to emoticons.

#123 11 years ago

Top right corner of reply box there's a smiley face! Click on it!

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Click on the little smiley face in the upper right corner of the reply box and pick one from the drop down menu.

#125 11 years ago

Quoted from tracelifter:Click on the little smiley face in the upper right corner of the reply box and pick one from the drop down menu.

DOH!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Eric and Tracelifter!

#126 11 years ago

Welcome to the group Molly...

Would love to stop in someday when I am down South.
    My girlfriend has family down in LA so we occasionally make it down that way and she enjoys playing pins as well so it would work out great. If we head down anytime soon I will look you up.

#127 11 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

HI Molly
    Your Shirt, Rosies in Somerset Pa?

Somerset, eh? I once received a speeding ticket on the Pa Turnpike (America's First Superhighway) and drove back to Somerset to fight it in 1982 or so. Magistrate & Attorney at Law Jon A. Barkman IIRC.

"Radar for your Protection" my eye! I beat the ticket and the receptionist/clerk cut me check giving my money back. I can't drive 55!

#128 11 years ago

PinballMolly , Cool collection of Pinball's you have . It did make me Cringe when the Lock down bar was laid on the bare Glass .. Get you a Towel ,, Scratches suck & Glass isn't to cheap ..

Do the Biker's across the street come over ? I would !!

#129 11 years ago

great video
    my favorite quote ‎"At one point all the games were out in public for people to play, now their in some dude's house who probably doesn't want you to come over that much"

#130 11 years ago

I'm a girl and I LOVE my machines! I cant wait to watch all of your videos. I don't know enough yet to make one myself, but I agree with txtargazer, inspirational. Keep up the good work!

#132 11 years ago

Great videos Molly, thanks!

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Somerset, eh? I once received a speeding ticket on the Pa Turnpike (America's First Superhighway) and drove back to Somerset to fight it in 1982 or so. Magistrate & Attorney at Law Jon A. Barkman IIRC.
    "Radar for your Protection" my eye! I beat the ticket and the receptionist/clerk cut me check giving my money back. I can't drive 55!

Woah! Jon Barkman! Sounds about right. Yup, some nasty speed traps in the Laurel Highlands, I didn't always have your good luck in traffic court, either!

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

PinballMolly , Cool collection of Pinball's you have . It did make me Cringe when the Lock down bar was laid on the bare Glass .. Get you a Towel ,, Scratches suck & Glass isn't to cheap ..
    Do the Biker's across the street come over ? I would !!

I did that in the video? Eesh, sorry, that's a no-no. There are at least fifty towels around there but I have my lazy moments and bad habits, no sense denying it!

Yes, of course the bikers come over! There are those guys across the street, and then the Cretins motorcycle club rolls in a lot. Pretty sweet when a whole mess of bikers arrive at once, haha, turns a few heads. Good people!

#134 11 years ago

Don't worry Molly. A lock bar would not dare scratch a piece of glass on one of your pins!!!!!!

#135 11 years ago

I would consider most of these pinball "girls" young women, or perhaps elderly girls, but certainly not just plain "girls".

#136 11 years ago

This pic was taken at Pin A Go Go last year, I will be bringing that AFM again this year.
    See you there.

#137 11 years ago

Wow, 3 pages and no one knows who said it yet?
    Dissapointing.
    We can't let this bastard get away with it.

#138 11 years ago

I'll bite...huh?

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I think he's referring to the subject line. ^^^^

Yes, of course the bikers come over! There are those guys across the street, and then the Cretins motorcycle club rolls in a lot. Pretty sweet when a whole mess of bikers arrive at once, haha, turns a few heads. Good people!

Whoa! You told me about the smokers, but you didn't say anything about bikers. PNN is like Shorty's south. I really, really gotta get down there. Soon, very soon.

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Dissapointing.
    We can't let this bastard get away with it.

What are you talk-n about ?

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

The original topic of course.

Gotcha ......

#143 11 years ago

I'm admittedly a little dim.

#144 11 years ago

Molly for President

#145 11 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Molly for President

I'm surprised no one has proposed to Molly yet. Great gams, btw.

#146 11 years ago

Really cool videos, thanks for sharing. Molly love how you made up your mind to try something a little different with your combo business/passion. Really shows you love this hobby and want to contribute to not letting it just die.

If I am ever in LA I would make a trip to pins and needles.

#147 11 years ago

Man Molly your the coolest, if I am in L.A at some stage I will drop in. I Know some people with the last name Atkinson here in Australia. If your into ancestry you might find some of your mob came out here....but I spose its a pretty common name.

#148 11 years ago

Cool, my email is [email protected]; if my hours don't suit your schedule, we can set up a little something something.

Molly what are the chances of coming over prior to Pinburgh??? Lol great video btw!!

lololololol
    lol.JPGlol.JPG

#149 11 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

I'm surprised no one has proposed to Molly yet. Great gams, btw.

I ain't the weddin' type. I married pinball, haha.

Quoted from mickthepin:

I Know some people with the last name Atkinson here in Australia. If your into ancestry you might find some of your mob came out here....but I spose its a pretty common name.

I am a full-blooded Appalachian mutt Atkinson; I truthfully don't know where the rest of us ended up. Perhaps there are some down-under Molly Atkinsons, merrily flipping away! Wouldn't that be something.

Quoted from RGR:

Molly what are the chances of coming over prior to Pinburgh??? Lol great video btw!!
    lololololol

You want to come to PNN pre-Pinburgh, I say do it up! I go over there early though; I'm going to tech games for the Circuit Finals thingamajig they have before the big event.

#150 11 years ago

Yeah getting to PA on the monday but am getting to LA on Friday the 5th.. Thought it would be good ot stop over at your place. All good, see you in PA..

There are 385 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-says-girls-arent-into-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.