New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 184898)

Who saw the BOP at the Texas show with the black side art?

By FtrMech

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Apex
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

30e8a48c70e63a25bfa5a20c1ac2cbc8d3b13bfd (resized).jpg
black-bop-bride-of-pinbot-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper (resized).jpg
IMG_5799 (resized).jpg
IMG_5795 (resized).jpg
20170326_122044 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Like the title asks, anyone see the super nice BOP at the Texas show this past weekend...it had black side art and looked amazing. I didn't see this in another thread and wanted to ask if anyone knew where the side art can be had?

20170326_122044 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

I'm beginning to really like the black version of the original ! They look bad ass with black armor I've got the 2.0 version ready for the future but, now I'm not so sure.

#3 3 years ago

Yes, very cool!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/47098

IMG_5795 (resized).jpg

IMG_5799 (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

You can't get that *exact* art....There's a vendor that sells black decals but you would have to scan them and do a ridiculous amount of work to get them as clean and color correct. Trust me...I've seen the data files. Which should be obvious when you look at what Teepee just posted vs. The one at TPF.

Added over 4 years ago: *Teekee...damn autocorrect.

#6 3 years ago

I don't know who created the above but we have the the black BOP decals. Not scans.

About a year ago we made 2 different versions of the original purple background ones, and then also changed the background to black but we never listed them for sale, only the purples and then more recently BOP2.0.

I suppose we could supply these black ones if people are interested?

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

I don't know who created the above but we have the the black BOP decals. Not scans.
About a year ago we made 2 different versions of the original purple background ones, and then also changed the background to black but we never listed them for sale, only the purples and then more recently BOP2.0.
I suppose we could supply these black ones if people are interested?
Pete
Retro Refurbs

Your the first company I thought of but didn't see them on your site. Can you post some pics?

#8 3 years ago

Here it is:

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/bride-of-pinbot-black-pinball-cabinet-decals/

black-bop-bride-of-pinbot-pinball-cabinet-decals-flipper (resized).jpg

#9 3 years ago

Thank you!
What's the best way to store unused decals? Rolled up or layed flat? Being rolled up is definitely more convenient and takes up less space.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thank you!
What's the best way to store unused decals? Rolled up or layed flat? Being rolled up is definitely more convenient and takes up less space.

Rolled up with the print side facing outwards. This is the way the material comes before it's printed on so it keeps the backing from separating away from the adhesive.

#11 3 years ago

Took mine even one step further. When I had mine printed I had it laminated so it looks as though it's been clear coated. Also helps protect it too. Can't find a good picture showing the reflections from mine but you get kind of the idea in the below pic towards the back.

30e8a48c70e63a25bfa5a20c1ac2cbc8d3b13bfd (resized).jpg

#12 3 years ago

Just so you know, Brian and I created the black art on my Bride. I saw the black art that was available, and the resolution was bad, the key lines were bad, and the coloring wasn't where I wanted it. Plus I was removing the large 3" side rail, so I need the art to fill. Plus we didn't like the way the colors were done. So alot of small changes were made. Spent alot of time scanning the original art and Brian cleaned it up in Photoshop.

1 week later
#13 3 years ago

So, your's was the BOP at the TPF? I assume given the tweeks you made that the side art was unique and not available to the public?

#14 3 years ago

Talon, I just want to say awesome job on that BOP at TPF. I played three games on it and was just blown away by the great job that you had done. Amazing machine, congratulations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside