1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by EasternBloc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Make it or not ”

• Yes 2 votes
      12%
    • No 15 votes
      88%

(17 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_203446 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191110_024242 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Just watch Valerian . As I was watching I couldn't help but thinking it would make the perfect pin . So many awesome scenes and mission objectives with stunning visuals and a great soundtrack , seems like a no-brainer . I'm a great fan of 80s themes but this is one modern theme I could really get behind . With companies like Stern and jjp securing the rights to movies like Star Wars , The Hobbit , Wizard of Oz , Guardians of the Galaxy this should be a licensed that's easily gettable . There are movies which I would prefer to see done before this , but if it's done right it should be a standout . ( of course you would want all the rights to the movie assets speech and soundtrack ) If you haven't seen it , but like movies like Star Wars , Guardians of the Galaxy , The Fifth Element , I highly recommend it .

IMG_20191110_024242 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago
    IMG_20191110_203446 (resized).jpg
    #3 1 year ago

Yep some Pinball material for sure...
    But is there any real money in it..
    Doubt it gets made one day.

#4 1 year ago

Horrible movie with terrible actors & was a total bomb. No one would ever waste their time & money making this theme into a game.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Horrible movie with terrible actors & was a total bomb. No one would ever waste their time & money making this theme into a game.

I don't think it's a horrible movie but if it's not for you fair enough . As a movie it's perfectly setup for a pin , pity it doesn't have a bigger fanbase .

#6 1 year ago

Preferably the comics-book version of Valerian, if they would make it.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nepi23:

Preferably the comics-book version of Valerian, if they would make it.

There's no way the comic book version would beat the visuals of the movie

#8 1 year ago

Other then that lady who is hot i thought it was ok entertaining

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Other then that lady who is hot i thought it was ok entertaining

Personally I think it's a very underrated movie , for a space movie it has everything

#10 1 year ago

The movie cost 180 million to make, and grossed 225 million (That’s gross, not net). The production company blamed a big loss on how poorly the film performed. In today’s modern definition of film success, this one was a failure. I’m not saying anything about the movie itself, but commercially it was a flop. Other companies don’t normally line up to spend money to build deals with movies that failed like that.

#11 1 year ago

I know it will never be made , despite how much money it made but it does have all the elements to make a great pin - if it was loved more .

Quoted from DaveH:

The movie cost 180 million to make, and grossed 225 million (That’s gross, not net). The production company blamed a big loss on how poorly the film performed. In today’s modern definition of film success, this one was a failure. I’m not saying anything about the movie itself, but commercially it was a flop. Other companies don’t normally line up to spend money to build deals with movies that failed like that.

#12 1 year ago

Tried watching but didn't grab my attention, the Fifth Element However...

#13 1 year ago

I'm a sucker for commercially flopped movies! I love Luc Besson and while I thought this movie had everything I'd love a 5th element pin.

#14 1 year ago

LoL I enjoyed this movie more than I probably should have but hey, I like what I like and don't really concern myself with other's judgments of my personal taste. There are plenty of things that others like that I don't.

Since I own it, I'll probably have to watch it again this weekend

#15 1 year ago

I enjoyed Valerian, but had higher expectations for Luc Besson. As amazing as the Fifth Element was, the same magic just didn't come through in The City of a Thousand Planets. Rather than either film though, I do feel an independent idea by Besson for a pin would be intriguing. His ability to worldbuild summed up in a plywood diorama box could be zany fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 360.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,699.00
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    £ 49.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 199.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    $ 229.99
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 224.99
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 0.10
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Stuff
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 18.95
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside