(Topic ID: 283974)

Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?

By Lamberger

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 296 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?”

• I'm out!! 127 votes
    100%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpg
92CA5F9C-4F6A-4B2D-9098-8B3B6DB04DAF (resized).jpeg
20210130_194851 (resized).jpg
20210130_104307 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201220-223613~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Dodgeball low expectations  (resized).jpeg
F205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hmm, Just curious on how much money stern might have lost out on. Who was gonna buy for sure like myself until these turds showed up? just like the title says please. No attacks, if you like them...cool.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

How many games on LZ do you have under your belt, Lameberger?

Guess I can play it blindfolded. The mech toy sucks too! Hoping the numbers at the top are high enough that stern takes notice, do a better job on a vault maybe, but I doubt it. Might just buy a pro and completely redo the art and add the missing ramp.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like the LE's sold out. I see several wanted listings in the marketplace so I'm guessing Stern is not losing any sleep over pinside drama.

they should have made it the premium then..or maybe build 5000 le's, they would have made that genius decision if they thought they would sell that many I'm sure.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude these games are FLYING out the door. Huge word of mouth, huge free press on the 50 different classickrockbands.com type web sites.
The only lesson Stern is gonna learn from this is to keep doing what they are doing - cranking out pins and taking nude money baths.
This sad little thread will change nothing.

not taking it seriously, is what it is

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where is poll for who is in and is still in?

it's not in the topic heading.. just for some entertainment.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

What the hell is a tittle?

fixed it for the people that couldn't understand the misspell. ;D

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

there's my new translite! it's a start

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The only reason I'm still reading these stupid threads are for crazylevi 's posts.

Hmm, funny you should say that, the only reason why I created this thread was to get a crazylevi to post. Got ya looking! didn't I
P.s who's crazy levee? If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break levee? We all hope the crazy dam doesn't break of course, durrrr!

#40 3 years ago

As of right now with the rough numbers, i'm thinking the above people are right...Stern doesn't want an extra half million dollars, why would they want that... and were only 8 hours in... they can make the difference up in pearl necklace toppers n shit. lmao

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Where is poll for ppl never intending to buy it in the first place because of zero interest in LZ?

That would be an extremely interesting poll, you should start one, compared to this b.s

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

The machine is beautiful, I definitely love the Zep III album art. Those that hate it could spray a two color stencil over it, I guess. In many ways pinball is still the same, and there's no such thing as bad pinball. We would play every single game at PAPA back in the day, until our hands were sore and they were kicking us out of the joint. This machine is sure to be a huge seller, even in this time of crisis.

Thinking about my options, was a easy no for the LE so no rush now, I'll probably get the pro, redo all art and add a 4th ramp. i'm sure someone will make it, or make it myself... donsky!

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like the LE's sold out. I see several wanted listings in the marketplace so I'm guessing Stern is not losing any sleep over pinside drama.

knock off a few
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107368

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur right they are much better now.

You might be right with The big Lebowski, JJP GNR, maybe Alien remake? Thinking about taking the funds set aside for LZ and dropping it on the Alien remake... looking like the biggest bang for buck as of right now.

#57 3 years ago

Just took my funds from LZ and dropped it on Alien resurrection! No brainer at this point.

#59 3 years ago

I've got a joke here, but I'll let it go.</blockquote

Lol, no doubt. Always wanted a Alien, what a crazy week... I think PB planned it perfectly and just stole a ton of sales from Stern, maybe even JJP and Dutch!

#60 3 years ago

First batch of Alien just sold out!

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

First batch of Alien just sold out!

Got a superior game to LZ and just saved myself $2000 CAD. Woo hoo! Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year!

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Good luck with your Alien. There's a smidge too much risk in ordering from PBs for me. On the other hand what could possibly go wrong buying a machine from guys who skipped out of the UK to avoid a bankruptcy, to set up new business in Sweden, and have a contractor in Italy build their first ever pinball machine? Good luck.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's precisely why I thought he said it was a no brainer.

Enjoy your turds boys, Alien is going through cointaker.. it's guaranteed bitc- I mean bro's! lol! Are you guys saying cointaker is a bad call? waiting?

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

We will, thanks. Notice please that we don't have to convince ourselves of our purchase, nor do we have to dis what you've bought. We've just seen enough small pinball companies promise and then take people's money and not deliver. Alien is a fine game. I played the heighway version and while I love the theme, I wasn't a fan of the gameplay. I'm sure you'll love it.
See how respectful you can be of other people's opinions?

The whole point of this thread was to bring up sterns quality, it will never happen because guys like you keep buying it. keep up the good fight!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If I remember correctly, Cointaker was holding and then refunding a bunch of Lebowski deposits? Does anyone else remember the details? Or was it another title(s) where that happened? I think that's what they do when a pinball company ultimately cannot deliver the promised items...

Glad to hear people loss money through cointaker? not!!!!!!

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'll keep buying Stern!
Played Alien know someone deeply involved in building process.
Game play is average at best.
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole

cool.., enjoy your lift up spinner for $10K, omg.. maybe add the $1500 pearl necklace trinket for your topper, enjoy. lmao.

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I have my fingers-crossed for Alien, I'd love to see more of those around. Played the original, very weird feeling and very cool. But putting down deposits for Alien and getting Alien are two very far apart things. With JJP and Spooky, you eventually get your machine. With PB saying they will be making Aliens in Italy in such-and-such numbers, everyone's curious to see if they can pull this off...we've heard these song and dances so many times, but you never know.

your money is safe with cointaker

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I went LZ Pro and saved $2500USD over Alien! Merry Christmas!

who'd you go with? that's $1000 cheaper

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I went LZ Pro and saved $2500USD over Alien! Merry Christmas!

think about the difference between the 2 and Le is outside of that.crazy

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Not sure if you're aware, but you're actually making people who like Stern games look like a great bunch of folks by comparison...

it sounded funny in my head, can't be perfect all the time ;D

#92 3 years ago

I'm guessing you weren't around for the Big Lebowski debacle? Not really understanding why you're so defensive of your purchase.
</blockq

#95 3 years ago

:S

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Apparently English isn't your first language. Read what I wrote. I never said that, nor did I get ripped off by Cointaker. Others lost their money who had ordered through them because DP went belly up. But clearly I'm arguing with one of the Pinside greats, so I'll let you have the last word and I'll stop feeding the troll. Things must be slow in Ontario tonight...

post 88, sounded like you were implying cointaker was a bad call, so you renag? they are very good to hold your funds for alien?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Bashing Stern is like hitting yourself in the balls?
Oh I'm sorry are you a girl? Lamberger

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't reneg at all. Cointaker is great. Dutch Pinball was not, and people who had orders for Big Lebowski through Cointaker lost money...and so did Cointaker. You have to know your history over the past 7 years or so before you confidently jump into purchasing a game through a small company. Heighway, Dutch, and people who bought Predator and JPop's games all got burned. It didn't matter who they bought it through. I hope it works out for you, but don't make it sound like those of us who remember how much money was lost are complete idiots.
Now...no more asking questions. I said I'd give you the last word and I will. Search this forum and educate yourself.

WOW, so your saying leaving money with cointaker could be at a loss.. I didn't know that. Holy shit!
I'll spread the word through my group.

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Bashing Stern is like hitting yourself in the balls?
Oh I'm sorry are you a girl? Lamberger

That depends, do you have balls enough to stand up to Stern and ask for more? who's the girl here? Actually, I apologize to girls for putting you in the same circle

#113 3 years ago

Enjoy the quality guys, pay thousands for it...will just sit back and laugh while the value drops!

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I agree, if only Stern understood Italian.

#116 3 years ago

going buy post 97.. did cointaker rip anyone Off?

#117 3 years ago

I agree, that argument is over... you order from cointaker, your guaranteed a game or money back!

#119 3 years ago

I didn't write half this stuff .. complete hack

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Well at least we can all be thankful this guy has only posted 350 times in six years...

what scares us, is how many girlfriends have you had alive? titslayer?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Well at least we can all be thankful this guy has only posted 350 times in six years...

Just kidding around...trump fan r ya? Imagine

#127 3 years ago

Yes, congrats to everyone who bought and likes it. I'm in on Alien because I see value for my dollar, agree to disagree...it's your money and it is 100% safe with cointaker unless someone chimes in otherwise. Bill Paxton just saved Christmas! cheers!

#131 3 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Got 500 of these for the LE owners, post your address below and I'll send it out asap.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I thought it was to discuss the art and how it may have swayed some people’s decisions? Oh, but that didn’t get enough reaction, so just go full-on Stern bashing!
Get a life, and enjoy waiting for you game that will probably never show up.
Looking forward the playing some Zeppelin

I'll post the unboxing pics of my brand new Alien pin here ;D And bought a Whirlwind with the leftover cash! I'll have the Led cranked in the background. Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

are you proud of your work?
Calling the neighbors to come look in the bowl and see what you’ve produced?

I couldn't have said it better, mind if I copy paste and email it directly to Gary?

Some are taking it more seriously than others. It's just pinball.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wake us up in 3 years. We'll be 6 Sterns in deep by then.

The last stern I purchased was 8 years ago, what's the difference. This would have been a purchase, I just can't do it. But yes, pro is definitely the way to go if I was buying. Wrap it with carbon fiber shrink worst case with a new translite.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Stern has over a half million FB followers I am sure they will be fine

Up to a $mil now...Yepp, lots of fanboys willing to bend over no doubt. I'm not one. Heard a Rumor this morning, Jersey Jack might try to redeem this title, that would be unbelievable if that happens. Would be my second JJP after GnR and I'm not a GnR fan.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not just that this thread is pointless, petty, redundant, and completely devoid of humor despite multiple attempts. Now mind you, that’s no crime; Similar threads get created almost daily around here.
What strikes me is how often the OP revisits his creation to add more banal nonsense, desperate to not allow his “masterpiece” to die; that dark blue “OP wall" seems to appear every other post. Sometimes multiples in a row, and it never contains anything approaching wit, insight, or interest. But it just keeps getting padded, lurching along.
Then, when I saw the “hilarious” polished turd post, it struck me; this really IS like a 5-year old proudly showing off his poop to friends and neighbors. At that age, may kids don’t really have a creative outlet. So your little sister unleashes a mighty coil into the bowl, it’s cause for celebration. MOMMY! LOOK WHAT I MADE!
A giant, coiled turd.
My guess is the OP doesn’t produce anything of creative value, either on free time or on the job. So, this thread became a stand in. “Look what I can do pinside!”
A giant coil of poop, that over and over, many times a day, needs to be shown off to the family, even as it deteriorates! Congrats on this grand artistic achievement! You win the turd trophy today!

Do you work for Stern? it seems like it. If so, do me a "solid" and pass on the message from post 136.

#145 3 years ago

This is the one title I wanted, sure hope the rumor is true and Jersey Jack gets it done the right way.

1 week later
#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

LOVE LZ. I can't believe they're only charging $9k for an LE. Clearly it's worth $5k plus the license. I was in, but I'm way, waaaaaay out now.

Just got that, that's funny.... scanned waaaay too fast. lol

2 weeks later
#157 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wake us up in 3 years. We'll be 6 Sterns in deep by then.

Wake up call!!! Looks like Alien is on the way!! So much for 3 years... Haha!

#2374 6 hours ago

DBK
TinyBlackDog
Pinside member

US Roswell, GA

1y46,55011751
Just spoke to Melissa at Cointaker and her latest info is that PB have 22 games built and ready to ship, they plan to send 2-3 over via air freight and the rest will be coming by sea. I agree it is odd that we haven't seen any pictures or video of a completed machine, but maybe that is why they are shipping those first few by air freight - so Cointaker can arrange an unboxing / stream. That last part is pure speculation on my part. PB don't seem to be very marketing-savvy.

#158 3 years ago

Has anyone paid in full for Alien yet at?

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Like his video but he was wrong about right flipper not hitting center ramp. I've hit it many many times.
He's also to young to understand that Zeppelin pinball machine is setup like an old time 70s pin with a modern twist.
I believe if he was around back in the 70s and went to an arcade with pinball from 1950s to 1970s he'd have a better grasp getting the fact it's a truly unique pinball machine.
Way different than my other titles and a wonderful pleasure to play.

I would recommend anyone that is interested, play it first before buying. No way you can make it up the center ramp with the third, Just cut the wire on the third flipper coil cuz its useless on the pro. I hated it, teenage wasteland. Bunch of used LZ pro's up for sale in the market now, looks like it's a keeper. lol.....
GnRCe at $99,999. and LZLE at pretty much the same price as release says a lot.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Everyone who has actually played the game and commented here has said the center ramp can be made from third flipper and not as difficult as it seems.

I guess I suck at playing it then.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can’t help you with that, just saying all these people aren’t full of shit for saying it’s been made and repeatable. The rule sheet indicates the stand up target on pro from third flipper does quite a bit as well. A loop would have been nice though.

Cool, glad you like it. I wish it was Iron Maiden, seems like Gary F's it up on purpose to see if will buy it. Rolling Stone's, Beatles, and now Led Zeppelin. I do own Metallica and ACDC Luci ($7200). I'm not a Stern hater here, but I do know where to my money tho.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s called different strokes for different folks, Metallica didn’t last long in my house.
Every game doesn’t need to be everybody’s cup of tea.

Definitely, no doubt. Just hope LZ hold's it value, unlike like Transformers, Rolling Stones, Beatles... I can name a few others. A few LZ owners below are in a rush to sell, I don't know why... Oh, maybe because its a reverse Orbiter 1 Jukebox, with flippers.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rolling Stones regularly sells for more than original price, more so with the LE.

Not in Canada, had one for $3K. It's your money, do as you please with it. I know value when I see it, and I'm not gonna lose mine.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

value is overrated

Like I said, it's your money to lose... I'll be able to hit any location and play LZ, but I'm not missing my 2 minutes on it. Just saying. I'd rather lose $3 dollars over $3000. And play any other game listening to Led Zeppelin.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s called different strokes for different folks, Metallica didn’t last long in my house.
Every game doesn’t need to be everybody’s cup of tea.

Sorry to hear Metallica wasn't a keeper for ya, I put spinners on a pro plus mirror blades. Best bang for buck no doubt, and has been holding value steady... Love the call outs, and the rules.. art is amazing! Like you said, to each there own I guess. Might pick up a LZ down the road when it's dirt cheap, we don't have a jukebox yet.

#178 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109070 A guy that knows him here said he would take $7000 in a second. He's desperate and doesn't want to lose anymore money, if anyone is interested.

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When two of them just sold for 10k or more...
Why don't you just get the damn thing already? You sound like the guy that keeps dissing the hot girl because he knows she'd never have him.

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

When two of them just sold for 10k or more...
Why don't you just get the damn thing already? You sound like the guy that keeps dissing the hot girl because he knows she'd never have him.

Had all the hot girls, they were extremely lazy in bed... I've learned my lesson, go for the ugly ones.. Your wife blew me away with her skills! Too far? Just jokes.. Hope you guys like the LZLE, and of course I don't want you to loose any money, but if I got a few guys to give Gary the finger and buy an Alien, as the late Bill Paxton would have said, Fucking A man!

#182 3 years ago

Best Playfield in the business!

e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpge555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

<blockquot
e cite="#61
00294">Had all
Not cool

Yes, to far I guess... Sounded funny a few drinks in. Pinside won't let me change it.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

Alien's a cool game - nobody is saying it isn't, and if they are they haven't played it or hate the theme.
Lot's going on: dark, very fun.
But build quality and parts were subpar at best on the original, and many think buying a remake blind from a foreign startup (never mind that the HP bankrupt crew is involved in this) is not a good idea.
Alien was supposed to be a avail as a $2,000 kit, sold as an expandable option to Full Throttle. Remember that?
You can post all you want. Nothing will change.
Best of luck to you.
I hope you get a great game.
Cointaker are usually a class outfit, but Lebowski was also a very good point.

Here's the best part, when user reports/video's etc. come out and you don't like what you see... you can cancel your deposit. I'm late in the build, so all good. If you pay the remaining balance with a visa, your 100% covered on shipping or quality issue's. But since they are using the best company to make the playfields, I imagine the rest will be top notch as well.

Bunch of used LZ's up for sale already below if anyone decides to go that route.

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

We gotta big spender Here!!! Lame burger.

What's that suppose to mean?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Those are all dealers. And there are used GnRs for sale. And used Aliens. What does that prove? There are plenty of people here who buy great games, keep them for a month, and move them along. Why? I have no idea. They keep losing money, yet they keep doing it. But you're a troll, and you know it. You say stupid shit just to push buttons...and I think you'll even admit it.

Just pissed about LZ like most people. Gary gave Steve a shit budget. Got 4 pm's that guy's have switched from LZ to Alien, they didn't know Alien was being remade... So that's some good news.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Fair enough. But don't you realize at this point you're rehashing the same crap and just shitting on people who are excited for the game?
And the reviews from people getting their games is that it's a really fun game. And isn't that what pinball is all about?

Hey, if your happy with it...cool. But I demand more for my money, like most people here. If sales are shit, Gary might change his mind next time and beef up the budget.
They are putting lit posts on the Alien, now that's what I'm talking about. Alien is only $78 more than a LZPR!

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...and putting those lit posts in only cost them a few bucks more. It's all relative. I took the same shit for STh, and it's the most fun I've had with a game in the last three years. So you'll excuse me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in opinions around here. You and others like you only look at the BOM and how much crap they jam into a game. I care about how often I want to hit the start button.

LZPR should be at the $5000 mark for what's in it, It's a fringing home pin. I wanted my $3 dollars back.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

why do you even care what LZ is retailing for? you don't like it and you have an Alien coming any day now. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. I know ill be enjoying my new LZ LE in a few days.

I'm pissed because I've wanted this theme for decades. Complete disappointment for a lot of people. 116 on this thread alone.
Glad you like it and enjoy it.. Congrat's!
Who know's... maybe JJP will read or hear about everyone's disappointment and try to get the license. I'm praying!
There is 2 GnR's now. Can only hope.

#196 3 years ago

-

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And a lot of people are selling AIQ because it's turned out to be a disappointment. Again...more stuff does not equal more fun. Can't believe people still aren't getting this.

We get it, I played it and hated it. The 3rd flipper is B.S on the pro.

#204 3 years ago

-

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well tough f’ing shit for them..boo hoo, get a tissue and move on already. There is plenty of shit I don’t like and who cares, seriously.

Apparently he makes his pinball purchases as some sort of financial decision that hinges on mitigating risk of losing some money. There is no value in pinball, they are toys.
If you can’t stomach losing some money over time better find a new hobby.

Guess u missed it, I'd pay $12,500 for a LZCE because I know it will be worth it and I won't feel like I've been ripped off with a home pin. Hopefully JJP hears us.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t miss a thing, just don’t care how you spend your money or what you buy.

Exactly, And that you shouldn't. Cheers! The more chatter about a second LZ being made, the better.

#214 3 years ago

I really think you guys would buy a Stern made from cardboard and straws with photoshopped paper art, as long as its got flow for $9200, am I right?. Loyal stern fanboys, its your money! I'd take the below over LZ.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

There's no such thing as a Stern fanboy. JJP/BW fanboys. oh yeah. Some of them even start threads to make their point. Most would buy games that play slow and boring but look really pretty when the lights are off, these guys are the type to let u know how good of deal they made when they bought their pins. And will knock a game like SW's because there aren't little plastic figurines all over the place or some kind of useless ball lock mech. Could be that they just aren't very good at pinball and 2 much flow makes them realize it, but hey to each is own

Hey, I liked SWPR. My favorites have been LOTR, TS, GB, AC/DC, MET, Iron maiden... I haven't played JP.. Was hoping LZ would kick ass! but Gary decided to take the green and drop a deuce instead. But let's be honest, almost zero innovation in Stern pinball. 20 year old pins still blow them away. GB was the closest they got to innovation, and the quality still tanked.
JJP are the new williams/Bally.. Innovation there has been amazing!

#219 3 years ago

Innovation? what r they gonna do exactly. Until we get hologram tech on the PF its some ramps, hopefully a couple spinners, a magnet here and there and some pops. I enjoy the LCD but if that never happened I would still be buying games with the good ole DMD. Don't really care 2 much about the lighting and the art within reason of course. Its just funny to me that pinheads complain about games not being worth the money like they are being forced to buy it, more so is the fact they give other people flack for spending their own money on it as if its their fault Gary is cutting corners, if u really believe that. Anyway if u actually think games from 20 yrs ago blow modern Sterns away then I'm sorry kind sir but ur very confused.

You might want to give a heads up to Chicago games and explain it to them, before they keep wasting more money building 20 year old games 3 times now.
I'm thankful Stern is keeping them in business!

#221 3 years ago

In what way does that make them better? In what way do they blow away modern Sterns? I've owned and yeah they are fun games but they aren't in the same league as JP, DP, TWD, Maiden etc.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the games above so I can't comment.. But I can say MM, MB and AFM are way better than LZ

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm still in! My friend and I picked up our LEs today. Mine played perfectly out of the box. Not a single adjustment. The clearcoat is the nicest I have seen on any game. No pooling or wood grain. The Expression lighting system is amazing in person. It's integrated into the cabinet, so takes up no space and reduces clutter. Did I mention it looks amazing? The mirrored backglass is top notch and it came with both shaker and 3D invisible glass. The cab art is great in person and the sparkly blue powder coat also could not match the game any better. Cabinet is a brick shithouse with plenty of corner supports and even the cabinet bottom is 3/4 inch birch plywood.
As for game play, it is great. Sorry to break it to the JJP fanboys, but LZLE is full of satisfying shots and combos and the game shoots like butter. It is a top shelf Ritchie design and to me is a LOT more fun than GnR LE which I have several plays on at this point. Software is already good at .93 and only getting better at this point.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No adjustment needed for a empty playfield, makes sense...
Sounds like Gary heard me harping on the quality and brought it up a notch, your welcome. Hah! Glad your loving it, wish i felt the same way... but it's not for me. congrats!

#226 3 years ago

Just had a thought, the way the U.S dollar is going, I might be able to get this game for $3000 cad soon so that's something to look forward too, Thank you Joe!

#227 3 years ago

-

#232 3 years ago

That may be but then why would u generalize the entire Stern line up for the last 20 yrs as non innovative and pretty much crap?

Good point, I changed it to almost zero innovation.

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I guess I should have said flawless rather than nicest, because I have seen a number of flawless playfields including every AIQ, Rick and Morty and TMNT that I have seen. I've seen aftermarket clear by Ron Kruzman and Captain Neo that are definitely nicer, so yes, I did overstate things in my excitement. But you have to know that the first thing I did considering the problems Stern was having a few games back was to go over the entire LZLE playfield with a flashlight and magnifying glass and found zero issues. The clear on this game as well as every AIQ and TMNT that I have seen is what I would call flawless so Stern seems to have dealt with the terrible clear coating issues that were around a couple of years ago. On the other the only JJP GnR LE playfield that I have seen had some pooling and the clear looked uneven.

Glad to hear the playfield quality is up on Stern... that's my biggest point, if you don't criticize, it doesn't get better. You don't ask, you don't get. Anything else on a pinball machine can be fixed except the playfield without a insane amount of work.

#262 3 years ago

I think after the huge success of GnR, were gonna see more sought after titles from JJP. I also think if Led had seen GnR before hand, Stern would have been denied licensing, straight to JJP, no doubt... JJP is gonna be swamped with theme license offers. Exciting time for pinball.

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

And then you woke up,,,

I've played JJP games, Love em.. no theme's I'm interested in yet unfortunately.. Can't wait to see what they come out with in the future. Road worrior/Fury road would be awesome. LordHumungus would be forced to buy one. Hahaha!

Here's a guy that didn't even want to open his home pin. Lmao.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109442

#265 3 years ago
#268 3 years ago

Haha! that is funny

#272 3 years ago

LZLE is looking better with the GnR price increase, that's for sure. Glad I'm in on Alien before the the PB bro's do the same thing, only $78 more than LZpr. Got a bad taste in my mouth from JJP.. Dick move for sure. Bean counters on the rise, this will be my last new in box. Looking forward to a nice used LZpr, after the American Dollar crashes, it did under the same administration before. Still up 40% on all of the American $ I bought back then!

#273 3 years ago

Keep waiting LordHumungus, $1000 more coming for a brand new Alien.

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Keeping both of mine . GNR awesome show . Led Zeppelin awesome shooter
[quoted image]

Your up a $1000 on GnR already, congrat's!

1 week later
#278 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Clearly the best pinball machine ever made because you bought one. But what this has to do with your topic title, I have no idea.

I think MM has that title, but your free to think LZ has it. PB Alien is the best bang for buck going right now, took my LZLE funds and plopped it on that sweet Beast above and saved myself $1500 U.S. doing so.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

BTW, its you're. Not your

your right, English is my 4th language.. appauligeez!. Haha!

#283 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're hearing about the few issues, as always. I've had no problems, which is great...because I'm usually the guy that does.

I don't think that about LZ at all...but it is a great game. I just hope you actually get your Alien and it's not completely f**ked up. I'd say that was a bit too much of a risk for my money...and I love the theme.
My main issue is that you started a topic about LZ, then have been shilling for Alien since the beginning. FOCUS!!!

I know, just ribbin you guys. I'll be getting a nice used LZ pro. Were working on a alternate translite and making the 4th ramp... Having fun with it.
Thinking about pinsound as well, get a better British voice over in there like Russell Brand. Actually, anybody else would be better.
Really looking forward to Alien, played the original...PB's will definitely be better, they hit on all of the issues that bothered me.

9 months later
#285 2 years ago

As promised, Pinball Brothers pushed out an unbelievably amazing game Alien. I'm So, so glad I bailed on LZLE for this game, and sorry to hear crazy levi discouraged so many from placing a deposit then at only a cost to you for $1000 more now to purchase. And also looking forward to Crazy Levi getting a tattoo on his ass If Alien was ever made again as promised.... Ace Ventura has a saying for this type of character. haha! (and of course he was all talk, that's all he ever does..no balls to back what's so ever.... wish I had his time 24-7 to be here.lol).. I have several other businesses to run in the mean time. If it keeps on raining, the Levi is gonna..... Haha! Looking forward to future releases from PB and the amazing playfield quality, CGC too! my 2 cents, Cheers!

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and yet here you are, resurrecting a thread nobody cares about. Clearly you're still thinking about it. LZLE is still amazing. I'm glad you enjoy your Alien...if you've actually gotten it. You need to get over this, now.

sorry you feel that way boob's.. your a solid dude, but, oh, that's right.. you got suckered in on LZLE. too. Can't say I didn't warn ya before purchase. I promised to report back regarding my Alien and it's glorious! no resurrections, just keeping a promise. already up a g with alien;D the designer for LZ peaced out to JJP. can't blame him. Unlimited freedom at JJp for designing from what I hear. LZ got the shittiest budget from gary, the hole reason why Steve said f' this! Gonna continue to beg PB, JJP and CGC to do Led Zepplin the right way, bigger than GnR, this band deserves it. Just my feelings toward this tittle... also got in on a CCRLE for the same price as a LZLE! down thumb all you want to...best part about pinside. You don't have to agree.

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

"if you've actually gotten it" "nobody cares about"

Don't know why you think I didn't receive it yet, had it for a few months now. Here ya go boobs!IMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpgIMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpg

Quoted from beelzeboob:

"if you've actually gotten it" "nobody cares about"

Been receiving a lot PM questions on Alien from here so clearly people do care. Hopefully I can answer most here now and end this shitty LZ thread. Yes, Alien has been super solid, 3 tournaments now, roughly 1220 plays when I last looked with no issues. This game will be the last to leave my collection, that's how good it is. And the playfield is gorgeous, best in the business. I think you can still dump LZLE at cost and still get a Alien $500 cheaper, but probably not for long. In the pm's, I was sorry to hear that the negative comments here from Levi and others cost ya $1000.u.s by getting into Alien now...Hmm, maybe ask one of Levi's boyfriends if he got that ass tat yet.. Haha! Also, 2 other better buys right now. Godzilla and CCRLE, Lyman is on code on this sweet pin. Best bang per buck, just my opinion. Hope this helps! Best!!

Quoted from Lamberger:

best part about pinside. You don't have to agree.

#291 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Whatever bro, I love my Zep.
And I do enjoy the new Aliens. Played it at 2 shows now.
So. It's OK to like more than one game without being a dick.

Sorry I came off as a dick, that's how I get head in life. lol.
Listen, you obviously didn't read shit, and your keeping this shitty thread going. It was all about Stern fucking us over and making us buy it no matter what shit.. he approved everything on this game. I didn't fall for it, nor shall you. I want JJP GNR energy behind this band, so Off to the next builder, pushing it... hope i sped up the read fest here and you get it now. I can't keep this shitty LZ thread going without you, thank you.

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Ok. Does your wife know about that?

Last I looked, Stern wasn’t forcing anyone to buy anything.
BTW - It’s really not hard not to buy something.
In fact - it’s much easier than buying it.
rd

rotordave! respect . great patience on your collection, not easy..
Very true, but the hole FOMO on a led zeppelin LE pin that turns out to be shit, I just feel bad for the people that got Doped into it. And of course, i was expecting ACDC times 2!. Gary shut Steve down, he was pissed! This was another dream theme for him to design along with ACDC and in which he nailed it! he had to fight hard for AC/DC, which I'm very thankful for.(friggin love AC/DC) Shout out to Steve! Thank you. keep fighting the f'ing bean counters for the best game possible!
I think the point most people here are missing is that I would have paid $20,000 for a GnR like experence, but with Led Zepplin. That's what you call, money left on the table. this thing was slapped together like my daughters thanksgiving leaf collage.

Quoted from Lamberger:

best part about pinside. You don't have to agree.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Couldn’t agree less to be honest.
A/ FOMO is just stupid. Anyone who gets FOMO needs to give themselves a slap, and wake up to how they’re being manipulated by marketers. I had 25 years in retail, I left it because I hated what it became. Fake FOMO, fake discounts, shit quality products with logos - it’s all bullshit. The sooner you release yourself from that world, the better your life will be.
B/ Steve wasn’t shut down. That’s a great narrative - but let’s be 100% honest - full respect to the guy, he’s a legend of pinball, he has designed some of the best games ever, but his great designs are waaaay in the rear view mirror.
If Stern wanted to keep him, they would have thrown money at him to stay. They didn’t. They have Elwin and he’s selling like hotcakes.
Steve with free rein = Elvis. Or WPT. Whooop.
Bring on the young guys with fresh ideas.
C/ As far as the LZLE buyers - if they like it, good on em! It’s their money. Leave them to it. No need to bother them. Move along.
Promote what you rate - not what you hate. Again - life will be better.

rd

good points.. I' personally thought AC/DC was the shit! And I saw huge amounts of passion going into the game delivered by Steve with gary ok'n the budget then. That's cool, you can disagree. as long as your not hating...don't be hating now ,lol ;D I'm looking forward to him being let lose in JJP, I claim bragging points from here
just hope to see a few bucks saved here and there pointing out the truth, most people are really starting to wake up. Glad to see it. RD, ur a Smart dude. Cheers!

3 weeks later
#296 2 years ago

[

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Far Hills, NJ
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.99
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lamberger.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-out-on-led-zeppelin-that-was-in-before-the-unveiling?tu=Lamberger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.