(Topic ID: 283974)

Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?

By Lamberger

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 296 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?”

• I'm out!! 127 votes
    100%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpg
92CA5F9C-4F6A-4B2D-9098-8B3B6DB04DAF (resized).jpeg
20210130_194851 (resized).jpg
20210130_104307 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201220-223613~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Dodgeball low expectations  (resized).jpeg
F205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpeg
There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 3 years ago

Hmm, Just curious on how much money stern might have lost out on. Who was gonna buy for sure like myself until these turds showed up? just like the title says please. No attacks, if you like them...cool.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hmm, Just curious on how much money stern just lost out on. Who was gonna buy for sure like myself until these turds showed up? just like the tittle says please. No attacks, if you like them...cool.

Stern has not lost any money. Fans of the band have snapped up plenty already. Artwork is true to the theme and no one has seen gameplay yet

#3 3 years ago

That's not much of a Poll.

...but, you've probably heard that before.
I kid. Relax.
Just joking around here.

I wasn't gonna buy one. But I did immediately buy into the project pinball raffle for the LE. Because I like it.

#4 3 years ago

I was in. Then I discovered the art was just like the album covers and I’m still in.

#5 3 years ago

How about a poll choice for the more rational among us: “I am neither ‘in’ or ‘out’ on any game until I see AND play it in person.”?

The unfolding LZ (and RAZA, for that matter) drama is really quite an entertaining spectacle, even by Pinside standards!

(Which is oddly comforting, given the ridiculous state of world affairs at the moment.)

#6 3 years ago

I was on the fence but I’m super picky will wait for Alien more likely to buy that as I’ve got a handful of Stern pins already. If I was buying a Stern I’d get Elvira.

#7 3 years ago

Expectation leads to disappointment, I believe is a buddist saying.... When I saw the LZ pins revealed I turned buddist for a few days....

#8 3 years ago

I was in, but then I was out when I saw the art, but then I heard Tim on the Teolis podcast and I was in again, but this morning I decided I was out again because HotBallz26 on pinside said it sucked, but I think I may be in again after I watch the stream, but then I'll be out again because zombie Alien is lurching back to life, but I think I may be in again after I play it.

Where's my poll option!?!?!

#9 3 years ago

How many games on LZ do you have under your belt, Lameberger?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

How many games on LZ do you have under your belt, Lameberger?

Guess I can play it blindfolded. The mech toy sucks too! Hoping the numbers at the top are high enough that stern takes notice, do a better job on a vault maybe, but I doubt it. Might just buy a pro and completely redo the art and add the missing ramp.

#11 3 years ago

I’m out unless there is a Dread Zeppelin version.

#12 3 years ago

Sounds like the LE's sold out. I see several wanted listings in the marketplace so I'm guessing Stern is not losing any sleep over pinside drama.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Sounds like the LE's sold out. I see several wanted listings in the marketplace so I'm guessing Stern is not losing any sleep over pinside drama.

they should have made it the premium then..or maybe build 5000 le's, they would have made that genius decision if they thought they would sell that many I'm sure.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Guess I can play it blindfolded. The mech toy sucks too! Hoping the numbers at the top are high enough that stern takes notice, do a better job on a vault maybe, but I doubt it. Might just buy a pro and completely redo the art and add the missing ramp.

Dude these games are FLYING out the door. Huge word of mouth, huge free press on the 50 different classickrockbands.com type web sites.

The only lesson Stern is gonna learn from this is to keep doing what they are doing - cranking out pins, taking nude money baths, and ignoring dumb threads like this.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude these games are FLYING out the door. Huge word of mouth, huge free press on the 50 different classickrockbands.com type web sites.
The only lesson Stern is gonna learn from this is to keep doing what they are doing - cranking out pins and taking nude money baths.
This sad little thread will change nothing.

not taking it seriously, is what it is

#16 3 years ago

Where is poll for who is in and is still in?

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

it's not in the topic heading.. just for some entertainment.

#18 3 years ago

What the hell is a tittle?

#19 3 years ago

I love tittles

#20 3 years ago

Tittles and Beer, Forever!

RIP Frank

#21 3 years ago

I'm still in on the LE and the three wanted ads for Led Zeppelin LE at the bottom of this page show a lot of people are still in despite the haters here.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

fixed it for the people that couldn't understand the misspell. ;D

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

there's my new translite! it's a start

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only lesson Stern is gonna learn from this is to keep doing what they are doing - cranking out pins, taking nude money baths, and ignoring dumb threads like this.

I hope Steve and Stern are proud of this turd.

Its not the one off buyer that keeps them in buisness. Compound that with bad playfields and splitting cabinets. Maybe thats why Ive only bought 3 of their last 25 titles. ( Met forward ) This coming from someone who bought 16 of there prior 25 titles.

Keep selling this scrap to all the fanboys . Ill judge each game for what its worth..... In this case Im out!!!

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Those look like tittles

#27 3 years ago

Every time I hear "Whole Lotta Love" it sounds like Plant says "You need Kool Aid..."

Which reminds me, i went to a sandwich shop and they had Watermelon Kool Aid. It was like a Watermelon Jolly Rancher.

#28 3 years ago

I was in, then I saw art and am still in. Premium for me. Looks exactly like a Led Zeppelin pinball should look like. Wouldn’t be right if there was a bunch of squished cartoon guys and crap for artwork.

#29 3 years ago

Jeez, calling this a turd is a bit f'ng harsh. The LE is jarring for sure, but may catch on. Thing is nobody needs an LE anyway because the premium plays the same. The only people that should really be unhappy is those in on the pro, the loss of ramp from upper right flipper is pretty bad.

#30 3 years ago

Thank you all. Rough day and needed this thread.

#31 3 years ago

Led Zeppelin rocks, Stern Rocks but this pin is a miss. The pro looks like the Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball Pin. Definitely not a compliment. After seeing the art for all three it is an easy out for me. On the plus side this hobby is on such a roll that we have new pins coming out left and right. Exciting times to play pinball!!

#32 3 years ago
F205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpegF205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpeg
#33 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I hope Steve and Stern are proud of this turd.
Its not the one off buyer that keeps them in buisness. Compound that with bad playfields and splitting cabinets. Maybe thats why Ive only bought 3 of their last 25 titles. ( Met forward ) This coming from someone who bought 16 of there prior 25 titles.
Keep selling this scrap to all the fanboys . Ill judge each game for what its worth..... In this case Im out!!!

Been a while since I heard of anyone having cabinet issues.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only reason I'm still reading these stupid threads are for CrazyLevi 's posts.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Blacksnow:

Led Zeppelin rocks, Stern Rocks but this pin is a miss. The pro looks like the Bugs Bunny Birthday Ball Pin. Definitely not a compliment. After seeing the art for all three it is an easy out for me. On the plus side this hobby is on such a roll that we have new pins coming out left and right. Exciting times to play pinball!!

I wonder if when bbbb came out if anyone said, fuck me this looks like the zeppelin 3 album cover?

#37 3 years ago

I was out before release, but the artwork on the LE looks so damn good, I am thing about getting one. LEs are not sold out in Australia... yet.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The only reason I'm still reading these stupid threads are for crazylevi 's posts.

Hmm, funny you should say that, the only reason why I created this thread was to get a crazylevi to post. Got ya looking! didn't I
P.s who's crazy levee? If it keeps on rainin', levee's goin' to break levee? We all hope the crazy dam doesn't break of course, durrrr!

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

That's not much of a Poll.

Without evening seeing what specifically the one answer was I was laughing at the lone option factor.

Me, personally, I can't ever judge a pinball on pictures alone. I can gauge it or make some assumptions but too many times I've walked up to older pinballs which didn't have the best reputation and thoroughly enjoyed playing them.

#40 3 years ago

As of right now with the rough numbers, i'm thinking the above people are right...Stern doesn't want an extra half million dollars, why would they want that... and were only 8 hours in... they can make the difference up in pearl necklace toppers n shit. lmao

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where is poll for ppl never intending to buy it in the first place because of zero interest in LZ?

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Where is poll for ppl never intending to buy it in the first place because of zero interest in LZ?

That would be an extremely interesting poll, you should start one, compared to this b.s

#43 3 years ago

The machine is beautiful, I definitely love the Zep III album art. Those that hate it could spray a two color stencil over it, I guess. In many ways pinball is still the same, and there's no such thing as bad pinball. We would play every single game at PAPA back in the day, until our hands were sore and they were kicking us out of the joint. This machine is sure to be a huge seller, even in this time of crisis.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was in, but then I was out when I saw the art, but then I heard Tim on the Teolis podcast and I was in again, but this morning I decided I was out again because HotBallz26 on pinside said it sucked, but I think I may be in again after I watch the stream, but then I'll be out again because zombie Alien is lurching back to life, but I think I may be in again after I play it.
Where's my poll option!?!?!

Bahahaha ... Good summary! Is there new code for the game yet... Or the next game announced?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

The machine is beautiful, I definitely love the Zep III album art. Those that hate it could spray a two color stencil over it, I guess. In many ways pinball is still the same, and there's no such thing as bad pinball. We would play every single game at PAPA back in the day, until our hands were sore and they were kicking us out of the joint. This machine is sure to be a huge seller, even in this time of crisis.

Thinking about my options, was a easy no for the LE so no rush now, I'll probably get the pro, redo all art and add a 4th ramp. i'm sure someone will make it, or make it myself... donsky!

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

knock off a few
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/107368

#47 3 years ago

Why don't u just change the name of this thread to "whos a complete jack ass?"
If u love Zeppelin to the point u were in before even seeing it then cancelled cause of the art and I guess layout but yet haven't seen it in action then only one tern applies for that kind of stupidity. Jack Ass

#48 3 years ago

“They just don’t make them like they used to.”

This appears to be a slapped together rush job to make Christmas. Very disappointing for a class A brand.

The LE cherub on the glass as a focal point, then a cheap lame toy on the playfield, lol.

Should have put the blimp on the elevator as a minimum, and added Zildjian cymbals as spinners.

Compared to ACDC, IMDN, MET it’s weak aesthetically and from a play mechanic, toys, and innovation factor. Frankly, I would have to liked to seen what JJP could have done with it.

But better yet, I would have loved to seen what a Bally/WMS team would have done with it 20 years ago. Frankly, given the chance, I could have easily designed this title and blown your socks off.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

“They just don’t make them like they used to.”

Ur right they are much better now.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur right they are much better now.

It’s all good, bro, everyone has their flavor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.99
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Edenton, NC
There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-out-on-led-zeppelin-that-was-in-before-the-unveiling?hl=malibro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.