(Topic ID: 283974)

Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?

By Lamberger

11 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 295 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?”

• I'm out!! 125 votes
    100%

(125 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpg
92CA5F9C-4F6A-4B2D-9098-8B3B6DB04DAF (resized).jpeg
20210130_194851 (resized).jpg
20210130_104307 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201220-223613~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Dodgeball low expectations  (resized).jpeg
F205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpeg

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

We get it, I played it and hated it. The 3rd flipper is B.S on the pro.

Haha. Play better!! People are hitting center ramp all the time on the pro

#202 10 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Haha. Play better!! People are hitting center ramp all the time on the pro

that dude on YouTube that is a decent competitive player said he’s hit the middle ramp once in 40 games

#203 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And the reviews from people getting their games is that it's a really fun game. And isn't that what pinball is all about?

LZ is a 4 ramp game (Prem/LE).
That is extremely rare, and there's a demand for that kind of flow among the masses.

We are all experts(not). Pinsiders all have crystal balls (again, no).

Let's let some time decide, shall we?
Experts should let facts, personal play and field results decide how a game is, not conjecture.

#204 10 months ago

-

#205 10 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

that dude on YouTube that is a decent competitive player said he’s hit the middle ramp once in 40 games

Many in the owners thread reported making it in addition to firing it through the electric magic spinner and up center ramp and also smashing a magnetically held ball up the center ramp.

Lots of satisfying shots.

#206 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well tough f’ing shit for them..boo hoo, get a tissue and move on already. There is plenty of shit I don’t like and who cares, seriously.

Apparently he makes his pinball purchases as some sort of financial decision that hinges on mitigating risk of losing some money. There is no value in pinball, they are toys.
If you can’t stomach losing some money over time better find a new hobby.

Guess u missed it, I'd pay $12,500 for a LZCE because I know it will be worth it and I won't feel like I've been ripped off with a home pin. Hopefully JJP hears us.

#207 10 months ago

I didn’t miss a thing, just don’t care how you spend your money or what you buy.

#208 10 months ago

Watch motorcity pinball on twitch, live now. Le looks and sounds great. Give it a chance guys

#209 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I didn’t miss a thing, just don’t care how you spend your money or what you buy.

Exactly, And that you shouldn't. Cheers! The more chatter about a second LZ being made, the better.

#210 10 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well tough f’ing shit for them..boo hoo, get a tissue and move on already. There is plenty of shit I don’t like and who cares, seriously.

Apparently he makes his pinball purchases as some sort of financial decision that hinges on mitigating risk of losing some money. There is no value in pinball, they are toys.
If you can’t stomach losing some money over time better find a new hobby.

I fully agree with you. Its crazy to view pins as an investment. However its been amazing how well the top machines have held their value these past few years. I can count on one hand the games that i didn't at least break even on.

#211 10 months ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I fully agree with you. Its crazy to view pins as an investment. However its been amazing how well the top machines have held their value these past few years. I can count on one hand the games that i didn't at least break even on.

I’m not saying they are a bad purchase as most do hold the majority of their value but when buying a game it’s not even something that enters my mind.

#212 10 months ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Pinballs exist for people to enjoy... this is the best way to look at it; play your games, love them and appreciate them always!

#213 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And a lot of people are selling AIQ because it's turned out to be a disappointment. Again...more stuff does not equal more fun. Can't believe people still aren't getting this.

They never will. They see pinball as an investment apparently and more stuff on the PF with lots of fancy lights satisfies that "value" obsession. It actually equates to fun factor for them.

#214 10 months ago

I really think you guys would buy a Stern made from cardboard and straws with photoshopped paper art, as long as its got flow for $9200, am I right?. Loyal stern fanboys, its your money! I'd take the below over LZ.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg

#215 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Loyal stern fanboys, its your money!

There's no such thing as a Stern fanboy. JJP/BW fanboys. oh yeah. Some of them even start threads to make their point. Most would buy games that play slow and boring but look really pretty when the lights are off, these guys are the type to let u know how good of deal they made when they bought their pins. And will knock a game like SW's because there aren't little plastic figurines all over the place or some kind of useless ball lock mech. Could be that they just aren't very good at pinball and 2 much flow makes them realize it, but hey to each is own

#216 10 months ago
Quoted from LordHumungus:

There's no such thing as a Stern fanboy. JJP/BW fanboys. oh yeah. Some of them even start threads to make their point. Most would buy games that play slow and boring but look really pretty when the lights are off, these guys are the type to let u know how good of deal they made when they bought their pins. And will knock a game like SW's because there aren't little plastic figurines all over the place or some kind of useless ball lock mech. Could be that they just aren't very good at pinball and 2 much flow makes them realize it, but hey to each is own

Trouble maker!!

#217 10 months ago

Hey, I liked SWPR. My favorites have been LOTR, TS, GB, AC/DC, MET, Iron maiden... I haven't played JP.. Was hoping LZ would kick ass! but Gary decided to take the green and drop a deuce instead. But let's be honest, almost zero innovation in Stern pinball. 20 year old pins still blow them away. GB was the closest they got to innovation, and the quality still tanked.
JJP are the new williams/Bally.. Innovation there has been amazing!

#218 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Gary decided to take the green and drop a deuce instead. But let's be honest, zero innovation in Stern pinball. 20 year old pins still blow them away. GB was the closest they got to innovation, and the quality still tanked.

Innovation? what r they gonna do exactly. Until we get hologram tech on the PF its some ramps, hopefully a couple spinners, a magnet here and there and some pops. I enjoy the LCD but if that never happened I would still be buying games with the good ole DMD. Don't really care 2 much about the lighting and the art within reason of course. Its just funny to me that pinheads complain about games not being worth the money like they are being forced to buy it, more so is the fact they give other people flack for spending their own money on it as if its their fault Gary is cutting corners, if u really believe that. Anyway if u actually think games from 20 yrs ago blow modern Sterns away then I'm sorry kind sir but ur very confused.

#219 10 months ago

Innovation? what r they gonna do exactly. Until we get hologram tech on the PF its some ramps, hopefully a couple spinners, a magnet here and there and some pops. I enjoy the LCD but if that never happened I would still be buying games with the good ole DMD. Don't really care 2 much about the lighting and the art within reason of course. Its just funny to me that pinheads complain about games not being worth the money like they are being forced to buy it, more so is the fact they give other people flack for spending their own money on it as if its their fault Gary is cutting corners, if u really believe that. Anyway if u actually think games from 20 yrs ago blow modern Sterns away then I'm sorry kind sir but ur very confused.

You might want to give a heads up to Chicago games and explain it to them, before they keep wasting more money building 20 year old games 3 times now.
I'm thankful Stern is keeping them in business!

#220 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

You might want to give a heads up to Chicago games and explain it to them, before they keep wasting more money building 20 year old games 3 times now.

In what way does that make them better? In what way do they blow away modern Sterns? I've owned MM, MB and AFM and yeah they are fun games but they aren't in the same league as JP, DP, TWD, Maiden etc.

#221 10 months ago

In what way does that make them better? In what way do they blow away modern Sterns? I've owned and yeah they are fun games but they aren't in the same league as JP, DP, TWD, Maiden etc.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the games above so I can't comment.. But I can say MM, MB and AFM are way better than LZ

#222 10 months ago

I'm still in! My friend and I picked up our LEs today. Mine played perfectly out of the box. Not a single adjustment. The clearcoat is the nicest I have seen on any game. No pooling or wood grain. The Expression lighting system is amazing in person. It's integrated into the cabinet, so takes up no space and reduces clutter. Did I mention it looks amazing? The mirrored backglass is top notch and it came with both shaker and 3D invisible glass. The cab art is great in person and the sparkly blue powder coat also could not match the game any better. Cabinet is a brick shithouse with plenty of corner supports and even the cabinet bottom is 3/4 inch birch plywood.

As for game play, it is great. Sorry to break it to the JJP fanboys, but LZLE is full of satisfying shots and combos and the game shoots like butter. It is a top shelf Ritchie design and to me is a LOT more fun than GnR LE which I have several plays on at this point. Software is already good at .93 and only getting better at this point.
20210130_104307 (resized).jpg20210130_194851 (resized).jpg

#223 10 months ago

Good to hear! Had no doubt

#224 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm still in! My friend and I picked up our LEs today. Mine played perfectly out of the box. Not a single adjustment. The clearcoat is the nicest I have seen on any game. No pooling or wood grain. The Expression lighting system is amazing in person. It's integrated into the cabinet, so takes up no space and reduces clutter. Did I mention it looks amazing? The mirrored backglass is top notch and it came with both shaker and 3D invisible glass. The cab art is great in person and the sparkly blue powder coat also could not match the game any better. Cabinet is a brick shithouse with plenty of corner supports and even the cabinet bottom is 3/4 inch birch plywood.
As for game play, it is great. Sorry to break it to the JJP fanboys, but LZLE is full of satisfying shots and combos and the game shoots like butter. It is a top shelf Ritchie design and to me is a LOT more fun than GnR LE which I have several plays on at this point. Software is already good at .93 and only getting better at this point.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No adjustment needed for a empty playfield, makes sense...
Sounds like Gary heard me harping on the quality and brought it up a notch, your welcome. Hah! Glad your loving it, wish i felt the same way... but it's not for me. congrats!

#225 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nice! Congrats. I have the sparkle powder coat on a couple of Sterns and it really looks sharp.

#226 10 months ago

Just had a thought, the way the U.S dollar is going, I might be able to get this game for $3000 cad soon so that's something to look forward too, Thank you Joe!

#227 10 months ago

-

#228 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

The clear coat is the nicest you've ever seen? on any game? Ok now your losing all credibility

#229 10 months ago

The thing that initially bugged me was the pro has the upper flipper to a standup shot, ( a brick wall) or a hit to the standup targets or drop targets,
Then I noticed what that shot was for, and I think of it like the train awards in TAF now, but in my opinion, there was no reason to cut that shot from the premium off the pro.

With that said, I think the thing that bugs me the most now is that all version have stand ups for “LED” instead of drops. I have no idea what they were thinking with this and why this wasn’t a drop bank too that would have been sweepable and good for all versions, especially for the pros upper flipper.

I’m going to be in on either a premium or a pro, it just seems too damn fun with that music.

#230 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I haven't spent a lot of time on the games above so I can't comment.. But I can say MM, MB and AFM are way better than LZ

That may be but then why would u generalize the entire Stern line up for the last 20 yrs as non innovative and pretty much crap?

#231 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The clear coat is the nicest you've ever seen? on any game? Ok now your losing all credibility

Yeah, with whom exactly is he losing credibility?

#232 10 months ago

That may be but then why would u generalize the entire Stern line up for the last 20 yrs as non innovative and pretty much crap?

Good point, I changed it to almost zero innovation.

#233 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I guess I should have said flawless rather than nicest, because I have seen a number of flawless playfields including every AIQ, Rick and Morty and TMNT that I have seen. I've seen aftermarket clear by Ron Kruzman and Captain Neo that are definitely nicer, so yes, I did overstate things in my excitement. But you have to know that the first thing I did considering the problems Stern was having a few games back was to go over the entire LZLE playfield with a flashlight and magnifying glass and found zero issues. The clear on this game as well as every AIQ and TMNT that I have seen is what I would call flawless so Stern seems to have dealt with the terrible clear coating issues that were around a couple of years ago. On the other the only JJP GnR LE playfield that I have seen had some pooling and the clear looked uneven.

#234 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

I guess I should have said flawless rather than nicest, because I have seen a number of flawless playfields including every AIQ, Rick and Morty and TMNT that I have seen. I've seen aftermarket clear by Ron Kruzman and Captain Neo that are definitely nicer, so yes, I did overstate things in my excitement. But you have to know that the first thing I did considering the problems Stern was having a few games back was to go over the entire LZLE playfield with a flashlight and magnifying glass and found zero issues. The clear on this game as well as every AIQ and TMNT that I have seen is what I would call flawless so Stern seems to have dealt with the terrible clear coating issues that were around a couple of years ago. On the other the only JJP GnR LE playfield that I have seen had some pooling and the clear looked uneven.

And some bad chipping

#235 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks really nice! Id play it! Hows it shoot compared to SW you have?

Beezle and you have me wanting to join the LZ premium club, lol! Fun factor out ways money factor to me.... shit i even want a Stranger Things now to get the UV kit, sounds like a awesome fun experience!

#236 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Glad to hear the playfield quality is up on Stern... that's my biggest point, if you don't criticize, it doesn't get better. You don't ask, you don't get. Anything else on a pinball machine can be fixed except the playfield without a insane amount of work.

#237 10 months ago

Yeah, with whom exactly is he losing credibility?

My guess is many ... nice clear coat would make more sense....

#238 10 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is many

I doubt that very much. A claim of seeing great clear coat? who gives a shit. Oh wait u do.

#239 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Better than GNR?

Yep your in denial and probably never touched one.

I own both and Zeppelin is fast and very fun but is not even in the same league as GNR.

It's like comparing a little league to Professional sports.
Lmao

#240 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I own both and Zeppelin is fast and very fun but is not even in the same league as GNR.

If Zeppelin is fast and very fun then in what way is it not even in the same league, lighting? Concert footage? Instrument style toys?
I'll take fast and fun.

#241 10 months ago

If Zeppelin is fast and very fun then in what way is it not even in the same league, lighting? Concert footage? Instrument style toys?
I'll take fast and fun.

Not to mention he's talking about the pro version of Led Zeppelin which is badly gimped.

#242 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not to mention he's talking about the pro version of Led Zeppelin which is badly gimped.

Lets also not forget how much better the music is which tends to matter when it comes to a music pin.

#243 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Better than GNR?
Yep your in denial and probably never touched one.
It's like comparing a little league to Professional sports.
Lmao

Burn!!!

#244 10 months ago

If by that u mean u cork is burning due to man on pinball machine action with ur JJP coin slots the I'm right with ya.

#245 10 months ago

If by that u mean u cork is burning due to man on pinball machine action with ur JJP coin slots the I'm right with ya.

Dude your mind ain't right you refer way to much too queer and strange sexual acts?

#246 10 months ago

Hahaha, what are you guys fifth graders or something? Is it not possible to understand having a different opinions than someone else? Personally I have tried to like them, but I think Munsters, WoZ, ToM, TSPP and TOTAN are terrible games. There are a lot of people who would firmly disagree. That's great; to each there own. I wouldn't make fun of them though because I am not a sycophant. GnR is a decent playing game with spectacular light show and a theme that I would never spend a penny on. I MUCH prefer having and playing LZ LE. Simple as that.

#247 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Hahaha, what are you guys fifth graders or something? Is it not possible to understand having a different opinions than someone else? Personally I have tried to like them, but I think Munsters, WoZ, ToM, TSPP and TOTAN are terrible games. There are a lot of people who would firmly disagree. That's great; to each there own. I wouldn't make fun of them though because I am not a sycophant. GnR is a decent playing game with spectacular light show and a theme that I would never spend a penny on. I MUCH prefer having and playing LZ LE. Simple as that.

What's funny tho is munsters gets lots of play here. Got it very cheap as a quick flip, and will sell it, but its not as bad as the rap it gets here. I would take it over the others you mentioned. Especially totan

#248 10 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

Exactly just a 70’s reference on this childish thread

#249 10 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Dude your mind ain't right you refer way to much too queer and strange sexual acts?

Thank u very much.

#250 10 months ago

I'll take fast and fun.

Every thing!!

GNR is better in every category.

Whether it's Pro or Premium I mean really I could give a crap about ramp to right flipper.

I do enjoy Zeppelin alot but GNR is way way way way better.

FYI

JJP machines are better on every level with every release if you don't get that maybe you just can't afford them?

There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside