(Topic ID: 283974)

Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?

By Lamberger

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 296 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?”

• I'm out!! 127 votes
    100%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpg
92CA5F9C-4F6A-4B2D-9098-8B3B6DB04DAF (resized).jpeg
20210130_194851 (resized).jpg
20210130_104307 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201220-223613~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Dodgeball low expectations  (resized).jpeg
F205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpeg

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted and archived for future reference.
Mine goes nowhere!

Same ,haha

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

What trim are you thinking of going with?

L.E.--White with heavy gold flake or Black with heavy red/orange flake or metallic copper

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Was debating on moving my Elvira deposit before LZ reveal and still keeping the deposit for Elvira. Love LZ but don’t love the direction LZ went. EHOH just looks like it is a much deeper and fun game. Will get LZ used at some point, but I am out for now. Now waiting for EHOH next year and Stranger Things in the garage waiting for Christmas Day.

Only thing I will say about EHOH after having one for a while is that its a pretty easy game.

Its stops the ball allot and its not very challenging... if you are cool with that sort of play its tons of fun.

Its sort of in the mold of scared stiff or monster bash, great looking with smooth shots but gets old quick IMO.

I loved it when I first got it but it got old quick for me.

1 week later
#154 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

LOVE LZ. I can't believe they're only charging $9k for an LE. Clearly it's worth $5k plus the license. I was in, but I'm way, waaaaaay out now.

Just got that, that's funny.... scanned waaaay too fast. lol

#155 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

“They just don’t make them like they used to.”
This appears to be a slapped together rush job to make Christmas. Very disappointing for a class A brand.
The LE cherub on the glass as a focal point, then a cheap lame toy on the playfield, lol.
Should have put the blimp on the elevator as a minimum, and added Zildjian cymbals as spinners.
Compared to ACDC, IMDN, MET it’s weak aesthetically and from a play mechanic, toys, and innovation factor. Frankly, I would have to liked to seen what JJP could have done with it.
But better yet, I would have loved to seen what a Bally/WMS team would have done with it 20 years ago. Frankly, given the chance, I could have easily designed this title and blown your socks off.

Paiste cymbals.

1 week later
#156 1 year ago

Was in, saw it and out.... Love Zep, theme to hippy for me

1 week later
#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wake us up in 3 years. We'll be 6 Sterns in deep by then.

Wake up call!!! Looks like Alien is on the way!! So much for 3 years... Haha!

#2374 6 hours ago

DBK
TinyBlackDog
Pinside member

US Roswell, GA

1y46,55011751
Just spoke to Melissa at Cointaker and her latest info is that PB have 22 games built and ready to ship, they plan to send 2-3 over via air freight and the rest will be coming by sea. I agree it is odd that we haven't seen any pictures or video of a completed machine, but maybe that is why they are shipping those first few by air freight - so Cointaker can arrange an unboxing / stream. That last part is pure speculation on my part. PB don't seem to be very marketing-savvy.

#158 1 year ago

Has anyone paid in full for Alien yet at?

#159 1 year ago

Cary Hardy did a good video on LZ a few days ago. Thanks

#160 12 months ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Cary Hardy did a good video on LZ a few days ago. Thanks

Like his video but he was wrong about right flipper not hitting center ramp. I've hit it many many times.

He's also to young to understand that Zeppelin pinball machine is setup like an old time 70s pin with a modern twist.
I believe if he was around back in the 70s and went to an arcade with pinball from 1950s to 1970s he'd have a better grasp getting the fact it's a truly unique pinball machine.
Way different than my other titles and a wonderful pleasure to play.

#161 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Like his video but he was wrong about right flipper not hitting center ramp. I've hit it many many times.
He's also to young to understand that Zeppelin pinball machine is setup like an old time 70s pin with a modern twist.
I believe if he was around back in the 70s and went to an arcade with pinball from 1950s to 1970s he'd have a better grasp getting the fact it's a truly unique pinball machine.
Way different than my other titles and a wonderful pleasure to play.

I would recommend anyone that is interested, play it first before buying. No way you can make it up the center ramp with the third, Just cut the wire on the third flipper coil cuz its useless on the pro. I hated it, teenage wasteland. Bunch of used LZ pro's up for sale in the market now, looks like it's a keeper. lol.....
GnRCe at $99,999. and LZLE at pretty much the same price as release says a lot.

#162 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I would recommend anyone that is interested, play it first before buying. No way you can make it up the center ramp with the third, Just cut the wire on the third flipper coil, useless on the pro. I hated it, teenage wasteland. Bunch of used LZ pro's up for sale in the market now, looks like it's a keeper. lol GnRCe $99,999. LZLE pretty much the same price as release says a lot.

Everyone who has actually played the game and commented here has said the center ramp can be made from third flipper and not as difficult as it seems.

#163 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Everyone who has actually played the game and commented here has said the center ramp can be made from third flipper and not as difficult as it seems.

I guess I suck at playing it then.

#164 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I guess I suck then.

Can’t help you with that, just saying all these people aren’t full of shit for saying it’s been made and repeatable. The rule sheet indicates the stand up target on pro from third flipper does quite a bit as well. A loop would have been nice though.

#165 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can’t help you with that, just saying all these people aren’t full of shit for saying it’s been made and repeatable. The rule sheet indicates the stand up target on pro from third flipper does quite a bit as well. A loop would have been nice though.

Cool, glad you like it. I wish it was Iron Maiden, seems like Gary F's it up on purpose to see if will buy it. Rolling Stone's, Beatles, and now Led Zeppelin. I do own Metallica and ACDC Luci ($7200). I'm not a Stern hater here, but I do know where to my money tho.

#166 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Cool, glad you like it. I wish it was Iron Maiden, seems like Gary F's it up on purpose to see if will buy it. Rolling Stone's, Beatles, and now Led Zeppelin. I do own Metallica and ACDC Luci ($7200). I'm not a Stern hater here, I do know where to my money tho.

It’s called different strokes for different folks, Metallica didn’t last long in my house.

Every game doesn’t need to be everybody’s cup of tea.

#167 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s called different strokes for different folks, Metallica didn’t last long in my house.

Definitely, no doubt. Just hope LZ hold's it value, unlike like Transformers, Rolling Stones, Beatles... I can name a few others. A few LZ owners below are in a rush to sell, I don't know why... Oh, maybe because its a reverse Orbiter 1 Jukebox, with flippers.

#168 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Definitely, no doubt. Just hope LZ hold's it value, unlike like Transformers, Rolling Stones, Beatles... I can name a few others. A few LZ owners below are in a rush to sell, I don't know why... Oh, maybe because its a reverse Orbiter 1 Jukebox, with flippers.

Rolling Stones regularly sells for more than original price, more so with the LE.

Bad idea to buy games and worry about resale and also bad to worry about what others do with their games.

Seriously, to each their own and there is no right or wrong. The hobby should be fun and not a nasty bitch fest.

#169 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Rolling Stones regularly sells for more than original price, more so with the LE.

Not in Canada, had one for $3K. It's your money, do as you please with it. I know value when I see it, and I'm not gonna lose mine.

#170 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Not in Canada, had one for $3K

Probably beat to shit routed game, that’s the exception.

No way a LE sold for 3k, I get PM’s all the time offering north of 7k and I’m just not letting it go.

Did I mention I can’t wait to get my f’ing LZ LE this week hopefully!

Rockin roll baby!!!!!

#171 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Not in Canada, had one for $3K It's your money, do as you please with it. I know value when I see it, and I'm not gonna lose mine.

value is overrated

#172 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

value is overrated

Like I said, it's your money to lose... I'll be able to hit any location and play LZ, but I'm not missing my 2 minutes on it. Just saying. I'd rather lose $3 dollars over $3000. And play any other game listening to Led Zeppelin.

#173 12 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sorry to hear Metallica wasn't a keeper for ya, I put spinners on a pro plus mirror blades. Best bang for buck no doubt, and has been holding value steady... Love the call outs, and the rules.. art is amazing! Like you said, to each there own I guess. Might pick up a LZ down the road when it's dirt cheap, we don't have a jukebox yet.

#174 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I would recommend anyone that is interested, play it first before buying. No way you can make it up the center ramp with the third, Just cut the wire on the third flipper coil cuz its useless on the pro. I hated it, teenage wasteland. Bunch of used LZ pro's up for sale in the market now, looks like it's a keeper. lol.....
GnRCe at $99,999. and LZLE at pretty much the same price as release says a lot.

?? Then why would I say it could be made??
For attention?

It's not easy and ball must be moving fast to pull it off but yes it can be made.

#175 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

?? Then why would I say it could be made??
For attention?
It's not easy and ball must be moving fast to pull it off but yes it can be made.

Pinchild - you are 100% correct. I hit the middle ramp with the third flipper twice in the same game yesterday. I initially did it by accident, now I try, but rarely hit it. Extremely difficult shot, but definitely possible.

I’ve probably hit that shot 7 or 8 times now since I got the game. I’m not very good, just get lucky sometimes.

When you do hit it, it’s a thrill.

#176 12 months ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Pinchild - you are 100% correct. I hit the middle ramp with the third flipper twice in the same game yesterday. I initially did it by accident, now I try, but rarely hit it. Extremely difficult shot, but definitely possible.
I’ve probably hit that shot 7 or 8 times now since I got the game. I’m not very good, just get lucky sometimes.
When you do hit it, it’s a thrill.

It's a pleasure to get a game that's a rush to play.

Did you order side lights yet?

#177 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

It's a pleasure to get a game that's a rush to play.
Did you order side lights yet?

I agree. Very different than my other games. Almost nonstop action, very nice flow.

I definitely will be getting the expression lighting as soon as it’s available. Can’t find it yet, hopefully soon.

That right inversion ramp shot gives me a rush too. It’s hard to hit but very satisfying when you do.

#178 12 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109070 A guy that knows him here said he would take $7000 in a second. He's desperate and doesn't want to lose anymore money, if anyone is interested.

#179 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109070 A guy that knows him here said he would take $7000 in a second. He's desperate and doesn't want to lose anymore money, if anyone is interested.

When two of them just sold for 10k or more...

Why don't you just get the damn thing already? You sound like the guy that keeps dissing the hot girl because he knows she'd never have him.

#180 12 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why don't you just get the damn thing already? You sound like the guy that keeps dissing the hot girl because he knows she'd never have him.

#181 12 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Had all the hot girls, they were extremely lazy in bed... I've learned my lesson, go for the ugly ones.. Your wife blew me away with her skills! Too far? Just jokes.. Hope you guys like the LZLE, and of course I don't want you to loose any money, but if I got a few guys to give Gary the finger and buy an Alien, as the late Bill Paxton would have said, Fucking A man!

#182 11 months ago

Best Playfield in the business!

e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg

#183 11 months ago

<blockquot
e cite="#61

00294">Had all
Not cool

#184 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Best Playfield in the business!

Alien's a cool game - nobody is saying it isn't, and if they are they haven't played it or hate the theme.
Lot's going on: dark, very fun.
But build quality and parts were subpar at best on the original, and many think buying a remake blind from a foreign startup (never mind that the HP bankrupt crew is involved in this) is not a good idea.
Alien was supposed to be a avail as a $2,000 kit, sold as an expandable option to Full Throttle. Remember that?

You can post all you want. Nothing will change.

Best of luck to you.
I hope you get a great game.
Cointaker are usually a class outfit, but Lebowski was also a very good point.

#185 11 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

<blockquot
e cite="#61
00294">Had all
Not cool

Yes, to far I guess... Sounded funny a few drinks in. Pinside won't let me change it.

Quoted from ejg10532626:

Alien's a cool game - nobody is saying it isn't, and if they are they haven't played it or hate the theme.
Lot's going on: dark, very fun.
But build quality and parts were subpar at best on the original, and many think buying a remake blind from a foreign startup (never mind that the HP bankrupt crew is involved in this) is not a good idea.
Alien was supposed to be a avail as a $2,000 kit, sold as an expandable option to Full Throttle. Remember that?
You can post all you want. Nothing will change.
Best of luck to you.
I hope you get a great game.
Cointaker are usually a class outfit, but Lebowski was also a very good point.

Here's the best part, when user reports/video's etc. come out and you don't like what you see... you can cancel your deposit. I'm late in the build, so all good. If you pay the remaining balance with a visa, your 100% covered on shipping or quality issue's. But since they are using the best company to make the playfields, I imagine the rest will be top notch as well.

Bunch of used LZ's up for sale already below if anyone decides to go that route.

#186 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I do own Metallica and ACDC Luci ($7200)

We gotta big spender Here!!! Lame burger.

#187 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Bunch of used LZ's up for sale already below if anyone decides to go that route.

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Those are all dealers. And there are used GnRs for sale. And used Aliens. What does that prove? There are plenty of people here who buy great games, keep them for a month, and move them along. Why? I have no idea. They keep losing money, yet they keep doing it. But you're a troll, and you know it. You say stupid shit just to push buttons...and I think you'll even admit it.

#188 11 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

We gotta big spender Here!!! Lame burger.

What's that suppose to mean?

Quoted from beelzeboob:

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Those are all dealers. And there are used GnRs for sale. And used Aliens. What does that prove? There are plenty of people here who buy great games, keep them for a month, and move them along. Why? I have no idea. They keep losing money, yet they keep doing it. But you're a troll, and you know it. You say stupid shit just to push buttons...and I think you'll even admit it.

Just pissed about LZ like most people. Gary gave Steve a shit budget. Got 4 pm's that guy's have switched from LZ to Alien, they didn't know Alien was being remade... So that's some good news.

#189 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just pissed about LZ like most people. Gary gave Steve a shit budget. Got 4 pm's that guy's have switched from LZ to Alien, they didn't know Alien was being remade... So that's some good news.

Fair enough. But don't you realize at this point you're rehashing the same crap and just shitting on people who are excited for the game?

And the reviews from people getting their games is that it's a really fun game. And isn't that what pinball is all about?

#190 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Fair enough. But don't you realize at this point you're rehashing the same crap and just shitting on people who are excited for the game?
And the reviews from people getting their games is that it's a really fun game. And isn't that what pinball is all about?

Hey, if your happy with it...cool. But I demand more for my money, like most people here. If sales are shit, Gary might change his mind next time and beef up the budget.
They are putting lit posts on the Alien, now that's what I'm talking about. Alien is only $78 more than a LZPR!

#191 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Hey, if your happy with it...cool. But I demand more for my money, like most people here. If sales are shit, Gary might change his mind next time and beef up the budget.
They are putting lit posts on the Alien, now that's what I'm talking about. Alien is only $78 more than a LZPR!

Yep...and putting those lit posts in only cost them a few bucks more. It's all relative. I took the same shit for STh, and it's the most fun I've had with a game in the last three years. So you'll excuse me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in opinions around here. You and others like you only look at the BOM and how much crap they jam into a game. I care about how often I want to hit the start button.

#192 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yep...and putting those lit posts in only cost them a few bucks more. It's all relative. I took the same shit for STh, and it's the most fun I've had with a game in the last three years. So you'll excuse me if I don't put a whole lot of stock in opinions around here. You and others like you only look at the BOM and how much crap they jam into a game. I care about how often I want to hit the start button.

LZPR should be at the $5000 mark for what's in it, It's a fringing home pin. I wanted my $3 dollars back.

#193 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

LZPR should be at the $5000 mark for what's in it, It's a fringing home pin. I wanted my $3 dollars back.

why do you even care what LZ is retailing for? you don't like it and you have an Alien coming any day now. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. I know ill be enjoying my new LZ LE in a few days.

#194 11 months ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

why do you even care what LZ is retailing for? you don't like it and you have an Alien coming any day now. I'm sure you'll have a blast with it. I know ill be enjoying my new LZ LE in a few days.

I'm pissed because I've wanted this theme for decades. Complete disappointment for a lot of people. 116 on this thread alone.
Glad you like it and enjoy it.. Congrat's!
Who know's... maybe JJP will read or hear about everyone's disappointment and try to get the license. I'm praying!
There is 2 GnR's now. Can only hope.

#195 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Value trumps fun factor at a certain point and that's where many have reached with Stern after years of price increases, quality cuts, and scaling back features. The perceived value of Stern's games continues to go down in the eyes of many of their customers.

Stern seems to have a problem with offering the same amount of value for the price across their lineup of games. There's no reason for LZ premium to cost the same amount as AIQ Premium when AIQ Premium has far more in it.

#196 11 months ago

-

#197 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Value trumps fun factor at a certain point and that's where many have reached with Stern after years of price increases, quality cuts, and scaling back features. The perceived value of Stern's games continues to go down in the eyes of many of their customers.
Stern seems to have a problem with offering the same amount of value for the price across their lineup of games. There's no reason for LZ premium to cost the same amount as AIQ Premium when AIQ Premium has far more in it.

And a lot of people are selling AIQ because it's turned out to be a disappointment. Again...more stuff does not equal more fun. Can't believe people still aren't getting this.

#198 11 months ago

And PS...if you're making your purchasing decisions based on howuch stuff is packed in it, you're missing out on some pretty great games. You don't really think the BOM on AIQ is that much greater than Zeppelin, do you? It's certainly not even an extra $500 worth of stuff...but its the same price. Who cares?

#199 11 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And a lot of people are selling AIQ because it's turned out to be a disappointment. Again...more stuff does not equal more fun. Can't believe people still aren't getting this.

We get it, I played it and hated it. The 3rd flipper is B.S on the pro.

#200 11 months ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I'm pissed because I've wanted this theme for decades. Complete disappointment for a lot of people. 116 on this thread alone.
Glad you like it and enjoy it.. Congrat's!
Who know's... maybe JJP will read or hear about everyone's disappointment and try to get the license. I'm praying!
There is 2 GnR's now. Can only hope.

Well tough f’ing shit for them..boo hoo, get a tissue and move on already. There is plenty of shit I don’t like and who cares, seriously.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

And PS...if you're making your purchasing decisions based on howuch stuff is packed in it, you're missing out on some pretty great games. You don't really think the BOM on AIQ is that much greater than Zeppelin, do you? It's certainly not even an extra $500 worth of stuff...but its the same price. Who cares?

Apparently he makes his pinball purchases as some sort of financial decision that hinges on mitigating risk of losing some money. There is no value in pinball, they are toys.

If you can’t stomach losing some money over time better find a new hobby.

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside