(Topic ID: 283974)

Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?

By Lamberger

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 296 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lamberger
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who's out on Led Zeppelin that was in before the unveiling?”

• I'm out!! 127 votes
    100%

(127 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211117_1700287 (resized).jpg
92CA5F9C-4F6A-4B2D-9098-8B3B6DB04DAF (resized).jpeg
20210130_194851 (resized).jpg
20210130_104307 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
e555a8fc30325c26f5b730b97db1ea07a9d2035c.jpeg (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20201220-223613~2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Dodgeball low expectations  (resized).jpeg
F205F9C3-A9B3-47B4-9769-D576B399C7CF (resized).jpeg
There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ur right they are much better now.

You might be right with The big Lebowski, JJP GNR, maybe Alien remake? Thinking about taking the funds set aside for LZ and dropping it on the Alien remake... looking like the biggest bang for buck as of right now.

#52 3 years ago

Did anyone watch the unveiling. Wow you can make almost any shot back hand, lets see how it cranks up the tunes, look at those lights, looks he's dancing to the songs. R U FKN kidding me

From the price that Stern charges for this garbage they put out now.... I can see why Whitestar/SAM games hold value.

Take that shit and burn it for a 9500 LE. SR swan song yeah right.

I bet hes not retiring he's just leaving Stern to go out on his own.... Any takers $$$$

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Malibro:

Expectation leads to disappointment, I believe is a buddist saying.... When I saw the LZ pins revealed I turned buddist for a few days....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/8b/2d/e08b2dd87c88a871a089c99388fc840d.jpg

Dodgeball low expectations  (resized).jpegDodgeball low expectations (resized).jpeg
#54 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was on the fence but I’m super picky will wait for Alien more likely to buy that as I’ve got a handful of Stern pins already. If I was buying a Stern I’d get Elvira.

Was debating on moving my Elvira deposit before LZ reveal and still keeping the deposit for Elvira. Love LZ but don’t love the direction LZ went. EHOH just looks like it is a much deeper and fun game. Will get LZ used at some point, but I am out for now. Now waiting for EHOH next year and Stranger Things in the garage waiting for Christmas Day.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm still in on the LE and the three wanted ads for Led Zeppelin LE at the bottom of this page show a lot of people are still in despite the haters here.

Yeah 3 people are a lot

#56 3 years ago

I bought a raffle ticket instead

#57 3 years ago

Just took my funds from LZ and dropped it on Alien resurrection! No brainer at this point.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Just took my funds from LZ and dropped it on Alien resurrection! No brainer at this point.

I've got a joke here, but I'll let it go.

#59 3 years ago

I've got a joke here, but I'll let it go.</blockquote

Lol, no doubt. Always wanted a Alien, what a crazy week... I think PB planned it perfectly and just stole a ton of sales from Stern, maybe even JJP and Dutch!

#60 3 years ago

First batch of Alien just sold out!

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

First batch of Alien just sold out!

Got a superior game to LZ and just saved myself $2000 CAD. Woo hoo! Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Got a superior game to LZ and just saved myself $2000 CAD. Woo hoo! Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year!

Good luck with your Alien. There's a smidge too much risk in ordering from PBs for me. On the other hand what could possibly go wrong buying a machine from guys who skipped out of the UK to avoid a bankruptcy, to set up new business in Sweden, and have a contractor in Italy build their first ever pinball machine? Good luck.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Good luck with your Alien. There's a smidge too much risk in ordering from PBs for me. On the other hand what could possibly go wrong buying a machine from guys who skipped out of the UK to avoid a bankruptcy, to set up new business in Sweden, and have a contractor in Italy build their first ever pinball machine? Good luck.

#64 3 years ago

That's precisely why I thought he said it was a no brainer.

#65 3 years ago

Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's precisely why I thought he said it was a no brainer.

Enjoy your turds boys, Alien is going through cointaker.. it's guaranteed bitc- I mean bro's! lol! Are you guys saying cointaker is a bad call? waiting?

#66 3 years ago

Your poll SUCKS!

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Enjoy your turds boys, Alien is going through cointaker.. it's guaranteed bitc- I mean bro's! lol! Are you guys saying cointaker is a bad call? waiting?

We will, thanks. Notice please that we don't have to convince ourselves of our purchase, nor do we have to dis what you've bought. We've just seen enough small pinball companies promise and then take people's money and not deliver. Alien is a fine game. I played the heighway version and while I love the theme, I wasn't a fan of the gameplay. I'm sure you'll love it.

See how respectful you can be of other people's opinions?

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

If I remember correctly, Cointaker was holding and then refunding a bunch of Lebowski deposits? Does anyone else remember the details? Or was it another title(s) where that happened? I think that's what they do when a pinball company ultimately cannot deliver the promised items...

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

We will, thanks. Notice please that we don't have to convince ourselves of our purchase, nor do we have to dis what you've bought. We've just seen enough small pinball companies promise and then take people's money and not deliver. Alien is a fine game. I played the heighway version and while I love the theme, I wasn't a fan of the gameplay. I'm sure you'll love it.
See how respectful you can be of other people's opinions?

The whole point of this thread was to bring up sterns quality, it will never happen because guys like you keep buying it. keep up the good fight!

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

If I remember correctly, Cointaker was holding and then refunding a bunch of Lebowski deposits? Does anyone else remember the details? Or was it another title(s) where that happened? I think that's what they do when a pinball company ultimately cannot deliver the promised items...

Glad to hear people loss money through cointaker? not!!!!!!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

The whole point of this thread was to bring up sterns quality, it will never happen because guys like you keep buying it. keep up the good fight!

I'll keep buying Stern!

Played Alien know someone deeply involved in building process.

Game play is average at best.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole

#72 3 years ago

I'm glad lameburger reneged on his lz order. It gives his spot to someone who will enjoy it. As far as quality, I've owned 8 sterns, no issues aside from 1 node board that didn't like a shaker. Which was replaced free of charge, after warranty was up.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

I'll keep buying Stern!
Played Alien know someone deeply involved in building process.
Game play is average at best.
I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole

cool.., enjoy your lift up spinner for $10K, omg.. maybe add the $1500 pearl necklace trinket for your topper, enjoy. lmao.

#74 3 years ago

I think I might like the le art the best, at first look it’s not the style of art I gravitate towards but the more I look at it the more it makes sense for Led Zeppelin pin. I need to play the game but at this point I am neither in nor out based on what I’ve seen.

#75 3 years ago

Decided today I'm out. Many pros and cons, but what finally tipped the balance-- only ten songs. What an old fashioned industry. How about ALL the songs with a spotify subscrtiption and put out a community light show editor, etc, etc. Maybe years from now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 3 years ago

I have my fingers-crossed for Alien, I'd love to see more of those around. Played the original, very weird feeling and very cool. But putting down deposits for Alien and getting Alien are two very far apart things. With JJP and Spooky, you eventually get your machine. With PB saying they will be making Aliens in Italy in such-and-such numbers, everyone's curious to see if they can pull this off...we've heard these song and dances so many times, but you never know.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

cool.., enjoy your lift up spinner for $10K, omg.. maybe add the $1500 pearl necklace trinket for your topper, enjoy. lmao.

Umm I went Pro

Angry Bird

#78 3 years ago

Sorry to hear a fellow Washington guy is out. But the10 song thing to me is not a big deal. Especially when next ball starts it picks up where you stopped. The reason I've sold a few of the classics , ss and mb is because same music every ball drove me nuts. At least I have 10 here. Yes ,more would be better, but I'm happy for now

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

I went LZ Pro and saved $2500USD over Alien! Merry Christmas!

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I have my fingers-crossed for Alien, I'd love to see more of those around. Played the original, very weird feeling and very cool. But putting down deposits for Alien and getting Alien are two very far apart things. With JJP and Spooky, you eventually get your machine. With PB saying they will be making Aliens in Italy in such-and-such numbers, everyone's curious to see if they can pull this off...we've heard these song and dances so many times, but you never know.

your money is safe with cointaker

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

who'd you go with? that's $1000 cheaper

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Decided today I'm out. Many pros and cons, but what finally tipped the balance-- only ten songs. What an old fashioned industry. How about ALL the songs with a spotify subscrtiption and put out a community light show editor, etc, etc. Maybe years from now.

Watched all of the gameplay multiple times.

I'm the same. I could get an LE, but the distributor is gouging. The art isn't worth it, and that's the main difference between the LE and Premium. I want to like it, but just can't. Premium down the road if it proves ok, but man, could there be a more uninspired "premium" device than "Electric Magic"? A bunch of hex posts with a spinner? Underwhelming.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/LedZeppelin-Premium-Details-Strobe-12-4gar-scaled-1536x1025.jpg

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

who'd you go with? that's $1000 cheaper

$8200 for Alien and $5800 for LZ Pro(the lowest distributors can sell them)

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Watched all of the gameplay multiple times.
I'm the same. I could get an LE, but the distributor is gouging. The art isn't worth it, and that's the main difference between the LE and Premium. I want to like it, but just can't. Premium down the road if it proves ok, but man, could there be a more uninspired "premium" device than "Electric Magic"? A bunch of hex posts with a spinner? Sad.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/LedZeppelin-Premium-Details-Strobe-12-4gar-scaled-1536x1025.jpg
[quoted image]

I think Pro is going to be the way to go on LZ, nothing to stop the flow. Although I may upgrade to a premium if it proves itself.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

think about the difference between the 2 and Le is outside of that.crazy

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Feel bad for you bro, sucker tattoo all over your face. Keep stern going sucker!

lol, no need to feel bad. I saved $2500, thats a good thing!

#86 3 years ago

I'm about as much of a led zeppelin fan as I am a GnR fan, which is to say a very casual fan, neither one being a band I'm particularly interested in. GnR made me consider whether I wanted the game despite not being a huge fan because it looked like fun and had a lot of cool stuff. Led Zeppelin was an easy pass.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Feel bad for you bro, sucker tattoo all over your face. Keep stern going sucker!

Not sure if you're aware, but you're actually making people who like Stern games look like a great bunch of folks by comparison...

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

your money is safe with cointaker

I'm guessing you weren't around for the Big Lebowski debacle? Not really understanding why you're so defensive of your purchase.

#89 3 years ago

And I'm happy to keep Stern going, by the way. They're the biggest pinball company in the world and I love pinball. So...yeah...let's all boycott them so they go out of business.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Not sure if you're aware, but you're actually making people who like Stern games look like a great bunch of folks by comparison...

it sounded funny in my head, can't be perfect all the time ;D

#91 3 years ago

Bashing Stern is like hitting yourself in the balls?

Oh I'm sorry are you a girl? Lamberger

#92 3 years ago

I'm guessing you weren't around for the Big Lebowski debacle? Not really understanding why you're so defensive of your purchase.
</blockq

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wait, you got ripped off by cointaker!!!? holy hell! thats news, and now were all worried. on the phone asap!

Apparently English isn't your first language. Read what I wrote. I never said that, nor did I get ripped off by Cointaker. Others lost their money who had ordered through them because DP went belly up. But clearly I'm arguing with one of the Pinside greats, so I'll let you have the last word and I'll stop feeding the troll. Things must be slow in Ontario tonight...

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Apparently English isn't your first language. Read what I wrote. I never said that, nor did I get ripped off by Cointaker. Others lost their money who had ordered through them because DP went belly up. But clearly I'm arguing with one of the Pinside greats, so I'll let you have the last word and I'll stop feeding the troll. Things must be slow in Ontario tonight...

I believe French is the first language but be cautious.
This fellas a Baller!
A Pinballer

#95 3 years ago

:S

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

post 88, sounded like you were implying cointaker was a bad call, so you renag? they are very good to hold your funds for alien?

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

post 88, sounded like you were implying cointaker was a bad call, so you renag? they are very good to hold your funds for alien?

I don't reneg at all. Cointaker is great. Dutch Pinball was not, and people who had orders for Big Lebowski through Cointaker lost money...and so did Cointaker. You have to know your history over the past 7 years or so before you confidently jump into purchasing a game through a small company. Heighway, Dutch, and people who bought Predator and JPop's games all got burned. It didn't matter who they bought it through. I hope it works out for you, but don't make it sound like those of us who remember how much money was lost are complete idiots.

Now...no more asking questions. I said I'd give you the last word and I will. Search this forum and educate yourself.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't reneg at all. Cointaker is great. Dutch Pinball was not, and people who had orders for Big Lebowski through Cointaker lost money...and so did Cointaker. You have to know your history over the past 7 years or so before you confidently jump into purchasing a game through a small company. Heighway, Dutch, and people who bought Predator and JPop's games all got burned. It didn't matter who they bought it through. I hope it works out for you, but don't make it sound like those of us who remember how much money was lost are complete idiots.
Now...no more asking questions. I said I'd give you the last word and I will. Search this forum and educate yourself.

POW!

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Bashing Stern is like hitting yourself in the balls?
Oh I'm sorry are you a girl? Lamberger

Quoted from beelzeboob:

WOW, so your saying leaving money with cointaker could be at a loss.. I didn't know that. Holy shit!
I'll spread the word through my group.

#100 3 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 65.99
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 105.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.99
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Inscribed Solutions

5,286 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, IN
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-out-on-led-zeppelin-that-was-in-before-the-unveiling/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.