Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by epeabs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have been searching for a replacement ribbon cable to go between my BK sound board and speech board. Just haven't had much luck, or anything I've found I'm not sure it is correct. Anyone making these or does anyone know where to buy? Thanks

#2 4 years ago

Reach out to Peter at arcade parts and repair. He made a couple of ribbon cables up for me for different machines that were not necessarily available at the time. Great guy to deal with.

https://www.arcadepartsandrepair.com/

Thanks
Blake

#3 4 years ago

Thank you.

#4 4 years ago

What connectors? Pin count? and Length?

Ed (GPE)

#6 4 years ago

oh. Those...

Unfortunately, that is one that I cannot do. I don't have the correct base plate for my 3M ribbon cable press for that one.

#7 4 years ago

Might want to count the pins but I am pretty sure this is correct @ $17 shipped.

ebay.com link: itm

Keep in mine one side is hard soldered to the board.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Might want to count the pins but I am pretty sure this is correct @ $17 shipped.
ebay.com link
Keep in mine one side is hard soldered to the board.

Thank you for the replies. I had seen the Joust one but wasn't positive it was correct although it looked right. Blake at Arcade Parts isn't making them currently. But I just found this one last night right before going to bed.

ebay.com link: Arcade Pinball Williams Audio Speech cable for sys 6 7 and 9 Pinball Machines

I should see it on Monday. Thank you Andrew, having not replaced one before it did look like I will need to desolder the old and solder the new one in.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Thank you for the replies. I had seen the Joust one but wasn't positive it was correct although it looked right. Blake at Arcade Parts isn't making them currently. But I just found this one last night right before going to bed.
ebay.com link » Arcade Pinball Williams Audio Speech Cable For Sys 6 7 And 9 Pinball Machines
I should see it on Monday. Thank you Andrew, having not replaced one before it did look like I will need to desolder the old and solder the new one in.

I think I'd prefer the longer one. The tight bends I almost think are part of the reason they fail. Shorter one is cheaper tho.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

I think I'd prefer the longer one. The tight bends I almost think are part of the reason they fail. Shorter one is cheaper tho.

Hoping if the first one lasted 39 years, this one will work long enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-making-a-williams-system-7-speech-ribbon-cable and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.