(Topic ID: 319515)

Who's getting hit with shipping fees on their new Sterns?

By IdahoRealtor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wtatumjr
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    EC4A91D5-3DE8-4273-BB9B-53CE33027208 (resized).png
    fetchimage (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220729-014114 (resized).jpg
    DDD8B7E6-E8B7-4662-9D8A-D888BE279999 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

I mean, where else would you expect to get FREE shipping, especially on freight items?
    Customers should not expect this free, regardless of what was done in the past.

Dealers barely make money on these to begin with so maybe stop squeezing them for every last dime...

If they are giving you free shipping they are likely up-charging you on the game.. or they are terrible at math and business.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

You have no clue what dealers are making.

Wrong

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hear that ZMeny ?? You’re terrible at math and business. I knew it!!!!

Thats not what I said if you bother to read it.

Any dealer giving free shipping is likely charging more for the game to make up the diff. If not then I have no idea how they make any money.

If they say "free shipping" it makes you feel like you get a deal even if you don't.

I was offered someone's position once but after I saw the numbers there was no way in hell I was doing it.

These guys really do work hard and get underpaid for the amount of shit they have to take... they must have serious love for the hobby.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Those dealers currently treating everyone like rich, desperate, moron newbs are not playing the long game. Deep-pocketed old timers are taking names and have a long memory.

It's easy to say that but most people complaining would do the same thing.

When supply and demand was in the dealers favor they tried to make more money... shocking.

Not to mention if playing the "long game" they end up selling cheap to assholes who just turn around and flip the games for a few grand more than they paid which is fucked up.

If you guys stop that from happening I am sure they will be more likely to deal but nothing worse then giving someone the "friend price" so they can turn around and screw you and resell it NIB for way more. Happens over and over.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-getting-hit-with-shipping-fees-on-their-new-sterns?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.