(Topic ID: 319515)

Who's getting hit with shipping fees on their new Sterns?

By IdahoRealtor

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by wtatumjr
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy.gif
    EC4A91D5-3DE8-4273-BB9B-53CE33027208 (resized).png
    fetchimage (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220729-014114 (resized).jpg
    DDD8B7E6-E8B7-4662-9D8A-D888BE279999 (resized).jpeg
    There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from ThePlumber:

Says the guy who has the highest prices and the worst customer service. Purchase elsewhere.
    I've purchased a couple games from Zach and one of them still doesn't work properly NIB.

I purchased a game from Zach a year ago or so. His service was far better with an issue then what I've seen out of distro before. Msrp too on a hot title at the time. Wouldn't hesitate to use him in the future.

#52 1 year ago

what is MSRP on Godzilla premium?

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

what is MSRP on Godzilla premium?

$8999

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

There’s nowhere you’re getting a NIB Stern Premium for 8k (with no tax or shipping). Pure hyperbole.

I got a Deadpool a few months ago for 7800 + 200 shipping to my local terminal. Go read the what's on the line at Stern thread, there's plenty more that buy from one of the largest coin op distributors in the US for under msrp.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/44

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/47#post-6933210

#55 1 year ago

Feels weird complaining about sales tax. Everything else I agree with lol.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

I don't see anyone complaining about it, there are distributors that don't charge it so it's up to the individual whether they pay it or not. People see local, state and federal taxes mismanaged all the time so not everyone is so happy to fork it over if they don't have to.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from manadams:

I don't see anyone complaining about it, there are distributors that don't charge it so it's up to the individual whether they pay it or not. People see local, state and federal taxes mismanaged all the time so not everyone is so happy to fork it over if they don't have to.

DDD8B7E6-E8B7-4662-9D8A-D888BE279999 (resized).jpegDDD8B7E6-E8B7-4662-9D8A-D888BE279999 (resized).jpeg
    #58 1 year ago

Cointaker said no more free shipping on GZ premium, and they charge the full amount now? That sucks...

At least charge the difference like $200+ or whatever it is. $500+ for the full amount blows, but whatever. We all have choices.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's only a few hundred bucks, but it's still a few hundred bucks. Everything is more expensive now. Thanks, Obama.

All jokes aside though, I've been extremely disappointed with Cointaker lately for my own reasons. Once I get my Alien LV, I will try to not go through them anymore. That's just me, my experience, and my choice, though.

Screenshot_20220729-014114 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220729-014114 (resized).jpg
    #59 1 year ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Just got my GZ Premium invoice and there's +$500 for shipping. They said "it's simply too much for us to cover anymore."
    I'd like to say "What did you used to pay? I'll pay the rest." That would be fair. But I'm pretty sure I have zero leverage on a Godzilla Premium. So, there goes another $500 on top of inflated MSRP.
    Anyway, what are you guys running into lately with shipping fees? I'm curious which dealers are still covering shipping. $500 is not insignificant.

As a realtor, do you offer free closing costs?

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

As a realtor, do you offer free closing costs?

The keys are free.

#61 1 year ago

Woah, no more free shipping from cointaker? That sucks, I just got a dp pro recently and still had free shipping.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Any dealer giving free shipping is likely charging more for the game to make up the diff.

Not flip n out. So they’re terrible at math or business. I read your comment just fine.

#63 1 year ago

I ran into this recently with a Rush Premium purchase. My past distributor had to add about $400-$600 in shipping charges so I reached out to another who offered free shipping and had the game in stock. I paid MSRP and bought no accessories. I was puzzled but it seems to me there are a handful of dealers still doing free shipping but it is slowly chipping away. Once one takes it away all the others will as well.

I'm not being critical - business is business. If your business can't support free shipping you jack the price up.

FYI - my Rush premium purchase was in the last 21 days so my free shipping experience was recent. Game was in stock so I ordered on a Saturday and had the game in my garage on Thursday.

As far as I can tell part of the reason the second distributor offered free shipping was they used FedEx Freight which other distributors have told me in the past is much cheaper because they are not as reliable. I will report that my game arrived with a forklift hole in the bottom but the game was okay after inspection. I can't speak to whether the freight company punched the hole or not but it was the first (of 4) NIB games I received with damage to the box.

#64 1 year ago
    Quoted from Thomas3184:

Woah, no more free shipping from cointaker? That sucks, I just got a dp pro recently and still had free shipping.

If that is true they better change their website and not claim free shipping under every Stern, don't know how valid this assumption is either.

#65 1 year ago

Those dealers currently treating everyone like rich, desperate, moron newbs are not playing the long game. Deep-pocketed old timers are taking names and have a long memory.

It's easy to say that but most people complaining would do the same thing.

When supply and demand was in the dealers favor they tried to make more money... shocking.

Not to mention if playing the "long game" they end up selling cheap to assholes who just turn around and flip the games for a few grand more than they paid which is fucked up.

If you guys stop that from happening I am sure they will be more likely to deal but nothing worse then giving someone the "friend price" so they can turn around and screw you and resell it NIB for way more. Happens over and over.

#66 1 year ago

My local distributor wanted to charge me $300 shipping when I was picking it up from them myself.

#67 1 year ago

My local Distro charged me shipping but when I picked up at their place they gave me CASH back.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

I got a Deadpool a few months ago for 7800 + 200 shipping to my local terminal. Go read the what's on the line at Stern thread, there's plenty more that buy from one of the largest coin op distributors in the US for under msrp.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/44
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/47#post-6933210

All I saw in that thread was a guy claiming he got a NIB Stern Premium for $7700 and a lot of people asking for proof, to which none was provided.

The other thread was a guy who got a Pro.

Have still yet to see any proof of these under-$1000 msrp deals. Seems like another case of Pinsiders exaggerating to help make their point on whatever they want to rail against (in this case: high pinball prices).

#69 1 year ago

No one is getting pins for $1000 under MSRP, thats silly. They might be finding them for a couple hundred under, but thats it

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Darkwing:

When buying out of state I never paid sales tax... doesn't seem weird to me.

I recently inquired on a game from the same out of state distributor I've bought many games from over the past 13 years, and now on top of the big Stern price increases we've seen over the past several years, it's now:

Wait 9 months for a new title.
    Pay sales tax on the $9K ($630)
    Pay $600 shipping. ($600)
    Pay a credit card fee of 3% ($270)

So $10,500 for a Stern premium to my door. It's one of the reasons I'm personally out on NIB Sterns. Let the new guys eat them up for that price IMO.

I'm not sure why dealers are willing to undersell the LE titles to flippers, I bet I'm not the only one that knows at least one person that is lucky enough to be on the list for LE's at MSRP and all he does is buy a premium and FLIP the LE for a profit. The LEs should be on some type of lottery system to buyers that have bought a recent title or something similar IMO (I'm sure the LE flipper guys would disagree lol). For the record, I've been buying games for over a decade from the same dealer on and off.

The Economy is headed in a very wrong direction, I'm not here to proclaim anything about how pinball will be effected, but I can tell you that if it's between my family getting food/gas/clothes and a new Pinball machine, guess what's going to win...

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jeffswack:

I purchased a game from Zach a year ago or so. His service was far better with an issue then what I've seen out of distro before. Msrp too on a hot title at the time. Wouldn't hesitate to use him in the future.

Why is Zach Meny not as cool and good-looking as Greg Bone?

#72 1 year ago

Those dealers currently treating everyone like rich, desperate, moron newbs are not playing the long game. Deep-pocketed old timers are taking names and have a long memory.

fetchimage (resized).jpegfetchimage (resized).jpeg
    #73 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

No one is getting pins for $1000 under MSRP, thats silly. They might be finding them for a couple hundred under, but thats it

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. People absolutely are paying that. Just because you aren't doesnt make it silly.

#74 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. People absolutely are paying that. Just because you aren't doesnt make it silly.

Sharing is caring

#75 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

People have said it on here numerous times, yet no proof or invoice has ever been provided.

Why would a business take a loss on something except in a special circumstance? Makes no sense.

#76 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Why is Zach Meny not as cool and good-looking as Greg Bone?

Greg has a better hairdresser and makeup artist. Rumors of a private fluffer are overblown.

#77 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

My local distributor wanted to charge me $300 shipping when I was picking it up from them myself.

This happened to me as well. I was dumbfounded. Needless to say, I didn't buy from him and now never will.

#78 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

All I saw in that thread was a guy claiming he got a NIB Stern Premium for $7700 and a lot of people asking for proof, to which none was provided.
    The other thread was a guy who got a Pro.
    Have still yet to see any proof of these under-$1000 msrp deals. Seems like another case of Pinsiders exaggerating to help make their point on whatever they want to rail against (in this case: high pinball prices).

He posted proof. Keep reading.

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I recently saw ads on the Pinside Marketplace from a dealer in FL offering Mando and Rush for ~$1k off. The ads might still be up. He apparently has/had an overstock. If I wanted one of those I would've jumped.

#79 1 year ago

Deadpool pro bought in June was just MSRP, no shipping. Godzilla premium ordered in July was MSRP + shipping.

Distro said they can't offer free shipping on high demand titles.

#80 1 year ago
    EC4A91D5-3DE8-4273-BB9B-53CE33027208 (resized).pngEC4A91D5-3DE8-4273-BB9B-53CE33027208 (resized).png
    #81 1 year ago

He posted proof. Keep reading.

I recently saw ads on the Pinside Marketplace from a dealer in FL offering Mando and Rush for ~$1k off. The ads might still be up. He apparently has/had an overstock. If I wanted one of those I would've jumped.

Rush is really shaping up to be a terrific game. Mando, not so much.

#82 1 year ago
    Quoted from mr9865:

Sharing is caring

Save your breath. The only thing more popular on Pinside than pinball price bubble comments, are Pinsiders who claim they buy their games significantly cheaper than anyone else but crickets when you ask where.

#83 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Show proof else you just blowing smoke. I know what I am talking about. No distro is selling $1000 under MSRP. Prove me wrong

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Show proof else you just blowing smoke. I know what I am talking about. No distro is selling $1000 under MSRP. Prove me wrong

An invoice was already posted and you think it's fake. I can't do anything to make you believe it. You were already offered the distros info, you need to go contact them yourself.

#85 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

There’s nowhere you’re getting a NIB Stern for 8k (with no tax or shipping). Pure hyperbole.

There are guys who purchase 3-5 machines each year from the same dealer.
    Those folks are getting better deals. They always have and they always will.

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

There are guys who purchase 3-5 machines each year from the same dealer.
    Those folks are getting better deals. They always have and they always will.

Better deals, sure, but not $1,200+ of a better deal.

The whole argument started when it was suggested that people paying $8999 for a NIB Premium were getting fleeced because they can be had for over $1000 off MSRP. The lack or scarcity of visual proof has shown that this is a very rare occurance (or likely never happened) and not a viable option at all.

Because one dude three months ago may have gotten a Led Zeppelin Premium for $7800 shipped doesn’t mean everyone else is getting fleeced. If so, please point us in the direction of these so-called “deals”.

#87 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hear that ZMeny ?? You’re terrible at math and business. I knew it!!!!

And also setting up a POTC while doing shots of Capt Morgan!

#88 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Yep that was the first change

#89 1 year ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

An invoice was already posted and you think it's fake. I can't do anything to make you believe it. You were already offered the distros info, you need to go contact them yourself.

It was fake. Time to drain this thread too. Stupid behind the keyboard arguments that are meaningless. BYEEEEEEEE

#90 1 year ago

Man that whole supply and demand thing is crazy!

Am I right?

Patience, Making extra inquiries, waiting for an available game at a reasonable price…

The hell you say!

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

It was fake. Time to drain this thread too. Stupid behind the keyboard arguments that are meaningless. BYEEEEEEEE

Only thing meaningless is your negotiation skills. Do a little search on the term 'street price'. It's documented all over this site. Only fools pay MSRP.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

There are some good deals to be had. It all depends on title.

#93 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Only thing meaningless is your negotiation skills. Do a little search on the term 'street price'. It's documented all over this site. Only fools pay MSRP.

If buying pinball machines turns into the car dealer experience
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#94 1 year ago
    Quoted from ticktockman:

Better deals, sure, but not $1,200+ of a better deal.
    The whole argument started when it was suggested that people paying $8999 for a NIB Premium were getting fleeced because they can be had for over $1000 off MSRP. The lack or scarcity of visual proof has shown that this is a very rare occurance (or likely never happened) and not a viable option at all.
    Because one dude three months ago may have gotten a Led Zeppelin Premium for $7800 shipped doesn’t mean everyone else is getting fleeced. If so, please point us in the direction of these so-called “deals”.

Everyone isn’t getting fleeced, but the one and done buyer may be taking it on the chin a bit.
    There are no “deals” for an unknown guy buying one machine. Build a track record of purchases and you will also get these so called “deals.”

#95 1 year ago

Route Operators pay quite a bit less than the collector MSRP.

#96 1 year ago

I can tell you that costs to ship are VERY slowly trending down...But I don't see most shippers going back to pre-fuel surcharge and lane rate adjustment pricing. It sucks, but it's the way it is across every industry right now.

#97 1 year ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Route Operators pay quite a bit less than the collector MSRP.

This is normally true but with the low/no stock over the last year most distributors are asking for msrp from everybody cause they can get it.

#98 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Everyone isn’t getting fleeced, but the one and done buyer may be taking it on the chin a bit.
    There are no “deals” for an unknown guy buying one machine. Build a track record of purchases and you will also get these so called “deals.”

This is a shady coin pusher business.

Especially when times are good.

I kept the TS4CE just because I’m wanting what’s coming.

The tide will turn eventually.

And when it goes out, we will find out who’s been swimming naked. And they will be F Ed Lol

2 weeks later
    #99 1 year ago

Can someone point me in the direction of a deal that isn't charging MSRP + shipping and then shoving every mod down your throat?

#100 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone point me in the direction of a deal that isn't charging MSRP + shipping and then shoving every mod down your throat?

Flip n out

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-getting-hit-with-shipping-fees-on-their-new-sterns/page/2?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.