• 214 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

052505pltmotchandler.pdf (PDF preview)
mj michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-023-480w-1 (resized).jpg
MJ article-2339949-1A443CE7000005DC-626_634x445 (resized).jpg
sddefault (resized).jpg
54966B19-3F20-4C47-9C67-D1040D2C22A4 (resized).jpeg
2izo4d (resized).jpg
lonerangerhead (resized).jpg
Tom Wolfe (resized).jpg
2iyy8u (resized).jpg
goatshead (resized).jpg
mat (resized).jpg
Bowie-and-Jagger.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
3169a_lg (resized).jpeg
2eev4wg (resized).jpg
1ABE4740-7450-4A78-9C07-1403FC9D49AB (resized).jpeg
DmgDOH1UwAAO_n3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 5 years ago

Neither.

Elvis is on top by a wide margin with 212 Gold, Platinum, Multi-Platinum, and Diamond records combined.

The Beatles are far, far back in #2 with 122.

The Stones are in 6th place with 83

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does Michael Jackson stack up? Or Madonna?

Madonna has 51.

MJ has 39.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What do you think this is worth? My grandma handed it to me when I was a small child and said "here, you like Elvis". I said "I do?" but took it anyway. It is dated 1956 on the bottom and for some reason it hung around for all these years.[quoted image]

LOL!

I have no idea. Not a collector of Elvis merch.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I'm not saying he didn't have albums. I just feel that prevalence of singles could be a big reason for the disparity between the figures which I was quoting above. I mean if you ask the average person to name Elvis albums, how many do you think they will come up with? My guess is not many. I think the Beatles albums are more widely known: Abbey Road, Sgt. Papper's Revolver, Rubber Soul, The White Album, etc. It was just a guess, but I'll have to dig into the figures.
Elvis
Studio Albums: 24
Singles: 111
The Beatles
Studio Albums: 23
Singles: 63
I'm not even saying that as a bad thing, or a dig a Elvis. I just think it's not fair to use total diamond, platinum, and gold sales as an accurate metric for greatest artist. Elvis is clearly leading that due to his shear number of singles released. After looking into the statistics now, I feel anything having to do with album sales give the edge to The Beatles. I don't think it's close. Elvis' best selling, and only diamond, album was his Christmas Album. The Beatles have six, second to only Garth Brooks.

Records are records. Why do you feel albums are superior to singles?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sinestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-1-stones-or-beatles?tu=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.