• 214 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

052505pltmotchandler.pdf (PDF preview)
mj michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-023-480w-1 (resized).jpg
MJ article-2339949-1A443CE7000005DC-626_634x445 (resized).jpg
sddefault (resized).jpg
54966B19-3F20-4C47-9C67-D1040D2C22A4 (resized).jpeg
2izo4d (resized).jpg
lonerangerhead (resized).jpg
Tom Wolfe (resized).jpg
2iyy8u (resized).jpg
goatshead (resized).jpg
mat (resized).jpg
Bowie-and-Jagger.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
3169a_lg (resized).jpeg
2eev4wg (resized).jpg
1ABE4740-7450-4A78-9C07-1403FC9D49AB (resized).jpeg
DmgDOH1UwAAO_n3 (resized).jpg
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Beatles are a boy band? I’m sorry, but that’s just plain ignorance.

Hahaha. Don’t get me wrong. I totally understand the importance that the Beatles had on the world and on music. I know they’re not just four guys singing harmony. But the stones just ooze rock and roll (and probably other drugs) from their bones.

Ain’t no sympathy for the devil

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Beatles are a boy band? I’m sorry, but that’s just plain ignorance.

This is something idiots started saying 20 years ago.

"The Beatles were the first boy band!!!"

Just like how people say "Johnny Cash was the first punk!"

No he fucking wasn't. Stop trying to come up with a cute angle people!

Also did you ever hear the Beatles used to jack off? I want to hold your hand indeed!

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Also did you ever hear the Beatles used to jack off? I want to hold your hand indeed!

This guy gets it.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wish I had jerked off with my buddies, if it meant we would have seen similar success to the Beatles!

Like you said, who cares even if they did do that. Mick and David apparently did some strange things as well... doesn’t effect their music

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Paul is on an interview tour right now, and he loves talking about it.

He's on the cover of this month's GQ, and goes into detail.

That's what I love about Paul, he's real.

I also love the sneaky free shows like the one at Grand Central Station in NYC that he did a few weeks ago.

Last time the Stones did a free show, it did not end up so well.....

DmgDOH1UwAAO_n3 (resized).jpgDmgDOH1UwAAO_n3 (resized).jpg
#106 5 years ago

Here’s a 100% accurate statistic for you.

Based on analysis of my pathetic record collection. Beatles wins by a vote of 2 to 1
1ABE4740-7450-4A78-9C07-1403FC9D49AB (resized).jpeg1ABE4740-7450-4A78-9C07-1403FC9D49AB (resized).jpeg

#107 5 years ago

ELVIS The KING!

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Last time the Stones did a free show, it did not end up so well.....[quoted image]

I'm pretty sure SARSstock went off without a hitch, though they did get booed when Justin Timberlake came out to join them on Miss You.

I also saw the stones play 4-5 songs for free at Lincoln Center 10 years or so, I don't remember any issues. Except their new song kinda blew.

#109 5 years ago

Neither.

Elvis is on top by a wide margin with 212 Gold, Platinum, Multi-Platinum, and Diamond records combined.

The Beatles are far, far back in #2 with 122.

The Stones are in 6th place with 83

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Neither.
Elvis is on top by a wide margin with 212 Gold, Platinum, Multi-Platinum, and Diamond records combined.

How does Michael Jackson stack up? Or Madonna?

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does Michael Jackson stack up? Or Madonna?

Madonna has 51.

MJ has 39.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How does Michael Jackson stack up?

Always on top

2eev4wg (resized).jpg2eev4wg (resized).jpg
#113 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm pretty sure SARSstock went off without a hitch, though they did get booed when Justin Timberlake came out to join them on Miss You.

SarsFest was an unbelievable event. One of my best happy memories

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

What do you think this is worth? My grandma handed it to me when I was a small child and said "here, you like Elvis". I said "I do?" but took it anyway. It is dated 1956 on the bottom and for some reason it hung around for all these years.

3169a_lg (resized).jpeg3169a_lg (resized).jpeg
#115 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What do you think this is worth?

Have you lost the mirror and the tray?

#116 5 years ago

I think we can all agree that the Beatles will probably have a better pin than the Stones.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What do you think this is worth? My grandma handed it to me when I was a small child and said "here, you like Elvis". I said "I do?" but took it anyway. It is dated 1956 on the bottom and for some reason it hung around for all these years.[quoted image]

LOL!

I have no idea. Not a collector of Elvis merch.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think we can all agree that the Beatles will probably have a better pin than the Stones.

Stones is a very very underrated machine if you actually learn what to do.

And it isn’t easy to beat

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Have you lost the mirror and the tray?

Yeah I broke the mirror a long time ago, and I don't think the tray was ever there. I think I still have the key though.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah I broke the mirror a long time ago, and I don't think the tray was ever there. I think I still have the key though.

A mint one with mirror and tray sold for $10K, I'm not sure about yours, but it's got to be worth a few clams for sure.

#121 5 years ago

All the Elvis collectible fans are quickly dying off. All Elvis memorabilia has want down in value in the last 5 years.

Sell it quick. IMHO

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

A mint one with mirror and tray sold for $10K, I'm not sure about yours, but it's got to be worth a few clams for sure.

It was near mint when I got it in the mid 60s, but has a little wear and tear now. The mirror broke when I sat on it as a kid. lol. I guess there were a couple different colors. It didn't occur to me what I had until the late 80s when I was moving and an enthusiast that was helping me lit up when he saw it. I wrapped it up and put it away.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Sell it quick. IMHO

I keep all my Odd Rods and Wacky Packages and a few other novelties from my youth in it, and it is really all I have left from my grandma who passed away many decades ago, so I think I'll keep it and pass it onto my daughter when the time comes.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Neither.

Without digging into the statistics wasn't Elvis popular at a time when the bulk of sales were singles? Just a few years later, with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, more people were buying albums.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny thing is the Beatles lived the bad boy life thru their early years jamming in Hamburg all the way till the end and with the Stones it started out as more of an act.

So true. Glad you said it. The revisionism being propagated in this thread is either ignorant or mendacious. Either way, it’s lame.

Let’s see a head to head poll. Just Beatles and Stones. It’s a time honored debate, and both bands are awesome. But for me there’s the Beatles, a huge gap, and the best of the rest.

Internet warrior music “experts” - usually metal heads, for whatever reason - belittle the Beatles to no end. But I’d rather consider what great musicians think. Especially ones like Joe Walsh and Jimi Hendrix, David Crosby, Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, Nancy Wilson, Brian Wilson and the list goes on and on and on. The Titans of music revere the Beatles. Always remember what Kurt Cobain said: It all starts with the B word.

And in terms of musicianship? You gotta go to some progrock band to find better musicianship top to bottom in a band. Real drummers know Ringo was one of the best and most influential drummers of his time, and he’s considered the worst musician in the band. Check out the drumming, the bass, the everything on this tune, just one of many Beatles miracles:

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.
They used to sit in a room with 3 other of John's boy friends, and jack off together.
You'd never find that kind of magic between Keith and Mick.

Yeah. Mick would never do that.

Bowie-and-Jagger.jpg.cf (resized).jpgBowie-and-Jagger.jpg.cf (resized).jpg
#127 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Without digging into the statistics wasn't Elvis popular at a time when the bulk of sales were singles?

Elvis' first album in 1956 was the #1 pop album for 10 weeks.

It was the first Rock and Roll album to sell 1 million copies.

It spawned 6 singles

It's a great disk, even today

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Internet warrior music “experts” - usually metal heads, for whatever reason - belittle the Beatles to no end. But I’d rather consider what great musicians think. Especially ones like Joe Walsh and Jimi Hendrix, David Crosby, Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, Nancy Wilson, Brian Wilson and the list goes on and on and on. The Titans of music revere the Beatles. :

Johnny Ramone hated the Beatles! As did the Sex Pistols. Their opinion matters just as much as the dinosaurs of rock if ya ask me!

Most hilarious press release in history?
mat (resized).jpgmat (resized).jpg

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from VampireKangaroo:

Yeah. Mick would never do that.

That's David Bowie were talking about there.

Hell, I'd gladly toss one off with him.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's David Bowie were talking about there.
Hell, I'd gladly toss one off with him.

Haha! We all know Dancing in the Street was foreplay. Can't blame them. All that sexy. Hard to resist.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Real drummers know Ringo was one of the best and most influential drummers of his time, and he’s considered the worst musician in the band.

He was a great drummer, but his meter was terrible.

If you try to make sample loops of his drumming, you quickly find that his meter wanders all over the place.

Maybe it was a secret Ringo copy protection to keep rappers from sampling his music when that was an 80s trend.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He was a great drummer, but his meter was terrible.
If you try to make sample loops of his drumming, you quickly find that his meter wanders all over the place.
Maybe it was a secret Ringo copy protection to keep rappers from sampling his music when that was an 80s trend.

Paul's Boutique makes nice use of Sgt. Peppers.

#133 5 years ago

We were actually discussing the Rolling Stones pinball game last weekend and how much better it would be with a different song list. I know it's not that hard to do, but is the gameplay and rules good enough that it would be worth buying the thing and doing that to it?

I'd put Monkey Man on there for sure, 2000 Light Years From Home, and several other choice tracks that didn't make the original game.

And perhaps give it a facelift with an alternate translite.
goatshead (resized).jpggoatshead (resized).jpg

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We were actually discussing the Rolling Stones pinball game last weekend and how much better it would be with a different song list. I know it's not that hard to do, but is the gameplay and rules good enough that it would be worth worth buying the thing and doing that to it?
I'd put Monkey Man on there for sure, 2000 Light Years From Home, and several other choice tracks that didn't make the original game.
And perhaps give it a facelift with an alternate translite.
[quoted image]

It’s exactly what I did.

Satisfaction, gimme shelter, can’t you hear me knocking, paint it black and brown sugar all added. Might be forgetting another.

Find an LE, it’s worth the hunt. Extra song and features.

#135 5 years ago

As an aside, I think it's important to note that Elvis didn't mean shit to Chuck D.

#136 5 years ago
2iyy8u (resized).jpg2iyy8u (resized).jpg
#137 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

I don't think Mike Love and his backing band really belong in the discussion. Some great tunes though.

#138 5 years ago

All of the Beatles had successful solo careers (Ringo included). Can't say the same for the Stones. I like both groups.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think Mike Love and his backing band really belong in the discussion. Some great tunes though.

I had a listen to Pet Sounds recently and that album is just layered with perfection.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

All of the Beatles had successful solo careers (Ringo included). Can't say the same for the Stones. I like both groups.

two different situations, if something happened to Mick in 70'/80's I don't think the Stones would have been able or wanted to continue. Band is still intact and so they stayed the course.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Elvis' first album in 1956 was the #1 pop album for 10 weeks.
It was the first Rock and Roll album to sell 1 million copies.
It spawned 6 singles
It's a great disk, even today

Yeah, I'm not saying he didn't have albums. I just feel that prevalence of singles could be a big reason for the disparity between the figures which I was quoting above. I mean if you ask the average person to name Elvis albums, how many do you think they will come up with? My guess is not many. I think the Beatles albums are more widely known: Abbey Road, Sgt. Papper's Revolver, Rubber Soul, The White Album, etc. It was just a guess, but I'll have to dig into the figures.

Elvis
Studio Albums: 24
Singles: 111

The Beatles
Studio Albums: 23
Singles: 63

I'm not even saying that as a bad thing, or a dig a Elvis. I just think it's not fair to use total diamond, platinum, and gold sales as an accurate metric for greatest artist. Elvis is clearly leading that due to his shear number of singles released. After looking into the statistics now, I feel anything having to do with album sales give the edge to The Beatles. I don't think it's close. Elvis' best selling, and only diamond, album was his Christmas Album. The Beatles have six, second to only Garth Brooks.

#142 5 years ago

Four great songs from the Fab Four

Ringo Star. "It don't come easy"
John Lennon. "Mind Games"
George Harrison. "What is life"
Paul McCartney. "Silly love songs"

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I just think it's not fair to use total diamond, platinum, and gold sales as an accurate metric for greatest artist.

No matter what:

Elvis sold more wax

Elvis was better looking

Elvis had a way larger vocal range

Elvis had way better stage show

Elvis had a way better band of real musicians

Elvis bagged WAY hotter broads

Elvis bagged way younger broads

The only thing you can give the Beatles is that they had a Saturday morning kid's cartoon.

#144 5 years ago

And from what I hear, Elvis made a mean peanut butter and banana sandwich.

#145 5 years ago

Fat Elvis music was good. "Suspicious minds" is one of my all time favorites.

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And from what I hear, Elvis made a mean peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I hate to admit it, but I once made a PB&B sandwich because Elvis liked them, lol

#147 5 years ago

Uh thank you, thank you very much!

#148 5 years ago

If I had to pick it would be the Stones, but I would put several above both....

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I hate to admit it, but I once made a PB&B sandwich because Elvis liked them, lol

You need bacon on it too, oh and has to be fried!

#150 5 years ago

beatles vs stones? holy ancient history. might has been a relevant question 40ish yrs ago?

what’s next? who’s number 1!! Hoagie carmichael or Roy rodgers??

does anyone really care?

I’ve heard an equal amount of all 4 on jukeboxes in the last year.... zero plays....

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-s-1-stones-or-beatles/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.