cat_(resized).jpg
vending-vandalism-banner-3_(resized).jpg
Kitty_kitty_(resized).JPG
bad-day-at-the-vending-machine_(resized).jpg
Robert-Tilton_(resized).jpg
DSCN4843_(resized).JPG
S_mc_(resized).PNG
heeyyyyyyy_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've shook the (%$ out of my share of games over the years. I've been playing my 2 machines no nudge lately with no shaking whatsoever.I've noticed little difference in my average score.I concentrate more on the flipper action during the game.It may be an age thing,I try to set the machines up to optimum play and keep them that way but I guess I'm tired of manhandling pinball machines.
Also,does anyone play without play field glass? A raw pinball experience on an EM. I'll play a few games this way after waxing, like it.
How about removing the back panel(or leaning it against the back wall) to let the chimes and bells sing?

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

Nudging it makes it a more "athletic" game, giving you more control over where the ball does (or, sometimes keeping it from going where it shouldn't).

Excellent comment concerning the "Contact Sport " version some players prefer.I used to be there,believe me!A machine needs to be set up for this kind of action to work,but its fun when it does.Liberal tilt and firmly mounted legs set low was always good.
Do not discount "Just Flippers", they are the sole reason these things became games of chance.I've tried a dozen things to make the flippers more responsive and after a lot of experimentation its there.
"Nudge" means different things to Linebackers, Jockeys and drunks.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The way I see it is people don't have to nudge if they don't want to.
But those that think it shouldn't be allowed or is not part of the game should remove all the rubbers from their machines and replace them with something solid.

As well as Goal Post padding,tires from cars, elbow and shoulder padding from Sports Jackets.
Sorry,just having fun,continue....

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from hottubr:

what no nudging?might as well play a game on a computer.

We Have a Winner! I appreciate the feedback Folks!I examined my play and realized I never really stopped nudging,what I stopped doing was shoving the %$^# out of it. Forward lurch on the flippers?Check.Smacking it sideways in a certain manner (out lanes)? Yep.
Play often. Keep it fast,nudge all you want.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from JoeNewberry:

That was definitely a factor as well. On a lot of EMs the coils that coin up the game, award extra balls, or reset the game for play are on rubber grommets to decrease the chances they'll activate through vibration, including vibration caused by people whacking the game.
Some Bally games had 455 bulb driven delay circuits that would keep the game off for a few seconds after a slam tilt. That would definitely feed into the idea they were most concerned with people not getting a free credit from abusing the game. If the game is off, it's not giving you anything.
At the same time, I still think the slam tilts were also there to discourage people from taking their frustration out on fragile/money making parts of the game.

As a young man I discovered the "Pick up the front 3 or so inches and drop the game" which usually racked up 3 games,sometimes more.This was on a Fireball,not sure any other machines worked this way.I have yet to try this technique on the ones I have since I don't need to.But it worked like clockwork on that Fireball,with no tilt.

#192 7 years ago

Is it important for you to feel you are right? Pretty petty dude.Who cares what you figured?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phil-lee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-plays-no-nudge-pinball?tu=phil-lee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.