cat_(resized).jpg
vending-vandalism-banner-3_(resized).jpg
Kitty_kitty_(resized).JPG
bad-day-at-the-vending-machine_(resized).jpg
Robert-Tilton_(resized).jpg
DSCN4843_(resized).JPG
S_mc_(resized).PNG
heeyyyyyyy_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I set my tilts pretty tight. Keeps everybody honest.

I'm amazed how many games come missing the tilt bob, one of the most important features in a pinball machine.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from RussT:

We're a no-nudge house. It's just the way I was raised. I passed it on to my daughters too.

I showed my daughter how to nudge and now she's got the hang of it. On the kind of games I have it is essential. Otherwise the games will beat you up.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Also,does anyone play without play field glass? A raw pinball experience on an EM. I'll play a few games this way after waxing, like it.

And the answer to this question is yes. I want to make sure everything is right before I go to the trouble of screwing those wingnuts back on.

#25 7 years ago

I can't imagine not putting a little nudge on a game like Frontiersman.

DSCN4843_(resized).JPGDSCN4843_(resized).JPG

#61 7 years ago

When I was 6 or 7 I wasn't big enough or strong enough to nudge the machines like all the older kids did.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

The nudge question is always a fun one to watch when it comes up, it reveals so much about human nature.

It also seems to separate the newer players from those that aren't.

#65 7 years ago

There is no warning on most of my games. Tilt ends game period. When I put money in a machine, I want to win a free game whatever it takes. Most games on route have some malfunction that cheats me, so I will do whatever it takes to win.

#69 7 years ago

People that don't nudge probably have more money than those that do.

#73 7 years ago

If you put money in a vending machine and your Oreos, potato chips, or corn nuts didn't quite drop,

would you-

A. Walk away and cut your losses?

B. Put in another dollar and chance you might get the next bag ?

C. Give it a little nudge and see if it might drop?

D Go find an attendant and raise hell?

bad-day-at-the-vending-machine_(resized).jpgbad-day-at-the-vending-machine_(resized).jpg

#79 7 years ago

I saw the guy take option 4 once (a non nudger) " What do you mean you don't have the key, that's my money in there?. At which point the attendant kicked the machine and handed the guy his chips.

#90 7 years ago

Option 5.

vending-vandalism-banner-3_(resized).jpgvending-vandalism-banner-3_(resized).jpg

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Watch any Bowen tutorial, and you'll see why you should consider nudging a game.

It would take more than a nudge to wake me up after watching one of those.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

"DO NOT TILT THE MACHINES" sign

lol.

Quoted from Otaku:

Recent thing

Indeed.

#104 7 years ago

simonphoenix_(resized).jpgsimonphoenix_(resized).jpg

"I'm sorry to say that the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies."

#112 7 years ago

Our friends at NAVL and STI sure know how to give a game a good nudge.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

While everyone says its part of the game, I think it was with EM's etc.

etc. being everything after EMs? C'mon man, you will have to do better than that.

#115 7 years ago

The way I see it is people don't have to nudge if they don't want to.

But those that think it shouldn't be allowed or is not part of the game should remove all the rubbers from their machines and replace them with something solid.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

As well as Goal Post padding,tires from cars, elbow and shoulder padding from Sports Jackets.
Sorry,just having fun,continue....

The point I was making is as the ball heads towards a rubber on the playfield, you can either let it do what it will or give it some direction with a skilled nudge. That is what nudging is all about. Flippers are not the only part of the game you were meant to be able to control. There are many more places the ball will hit.

#121 7 years ago

If somebody really thinks they are playing pinball without nudging at all, take the palms of your hands off the lock down bar and only touch the flipper buttons with your finger tips and see how that works for you.

My guess is some might be nudging without even knowing it.

At a time when tilt ended your entire game, instead of multiple tilt warnings and then only losing a ball, it taught table manners quickly. Today's games do not punish enough IMO, and that has lead to abuse.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from boris_37:

No I don't. I'm not trying to convince you of my opinions.

Just wondering what you meant by etc . At what point was nudging no longer a part of pinball? 1980? 1985? 1990? 2000?

#129 7 years ago

Perhaps 1990 was the last year nudging was in vogue?

image-1_(resized).jpgimage-1_(resized).jpg

#139 7 years ago

If somebody weighs in excess of 250 lbs and has his hands on a pinball machine, I can guarantee some kind of nudging is happening whether he believes it or not.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

On my Trio you have to nudge it when it goes in the bonus countdown hole and 9 times outta 10 drain between the flippers. The kicker hits it with no intenton of keeping the ball in play!
You have to time it just right , I like it like that.....

Similar on Arrow Head. If you don't give a nudge as it comes out of the kicker between the flippers, it will go into the center gobble hole and end your ball. Which is OK if it is lit for specials, but that is more towards the end of the game.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

On my AAB machines, a tilt forfeits the ball in play plus the next one.
Is that typical?

Pretty much from what I have seen. I'll have to check Flipper later as I haven't tilted it in a while. But other I have played did.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Some games have a death tilt . Tilt and it's game over .

Replay games mostly prior to 1965. Standard issue.

#156 7 years ago

If it is a hot game, I would slide down the glass and put the ball back in the shoot lane to risk tilting. (Only if really stuck)
Is that a crime?

What if it's on route? Would you try to find an attendant to do it it for you? What if he didn't have the key? Would you insist the OP come down from wherever he is and do It?

#158 7 years ago

Slam it then, and hope for the best!

That's how you get your bag of chips!

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Williams and Bally aabs usually just take the ball in play.

If I remember correctly my Williams Palooka took the ball in play and the next ball too.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I examined my play and realized I never really stopped nudging,

That's what I figured. If your hands are on the machine, chances are you are nudging.

Quoted from o-din:

If somebody really thinks they are playing pinball without nudging at all, take the palms of your hands off the lock down bar and only touch the flipper buttons with your finger tips and see how that works for you.
My guess is some might be nudging without even knowing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-plays-no-nudge-pinball?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.