(Topic ID: 209527)

Who played Monster bash and cactus canyon a lot ?

By thunderking50

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I play them on my mame arcade but its not the same at all , i played afm a lot on mame before buying and i liked it but having it at home made me discover this game and it is really in my style of game ! Is it lyman fault that i like it so much? Beeing a Lyman fanboy 

W'hats your opinion on mb ans cc and cc continued 

I read review on pinside about cc not beeing finish and stuff but i get far in the game and feel lots of stuff in there . You think it Gets old fast because not enough code ....

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

I have MM, AFMr and CCC. Cactus Canyon with Continued is awesome. It is a shoot em up game with a tribute mode where you can play pieces of other wpc games like: FH, SS, AFM, TAF, MB, MM, CV. All or most of the call outs from those games are in there. (which makes for some awesome flipper sounds) The gunfights in CC are awesome especially if you play them blind. (not looking at what target pops up before you shoot) Drunk Mulitball (where your flippers are reversed) is especially cool. I have had my machine for over a year and I haven't got tired of it yet. It keeps you coming back! The continued software for CC is the only to play CC IMHO. I had a MB for awhile. I liked it so much that it is on my WTB list. Like you I played these games on the Ipad first before owning. All these games can get me working up a sweat!

#3 6 years ago

I have had both for about 15 years now. Both games are awesome!!!

Years ago, collectors were talking smack saying that these games were shallow, incomplete and overall sucked.

Now that there is talk about remakes, everybody wants one.

Ladies, what happened?!!

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Ladies, what happened?!!

Plain and simple. Williams stopped making pinball machines and these are a couple of the last ones people can spend a lot of their money on.

Really, when on route in the late 90s they were both kind of boring.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I kinda hate to say it, but I agree. Monster Bash and Cactus Canyon are BRIMMING with character, flair, and humor, but when it comes to the rules--of Monster Bash that is--It's kinda like, hit this shot 3 times, start the mode, and collect the reward. Do this for all the shots, and you win. They're still fun though, but I certainly don't think that they're worth the crazy asking prices.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I have had both for about 15 years now. Both games are awesome!!!
    Years ago, collectors were talking smack saying that these games were shallow, incomplete and overall sucked.
    Ladies, what happened?!!

That is so true. To add to that, the PCBs in the back box were never going to last so the electronics were absolutely terrible. The same as what is being said now!

MM, AFM, MB and CC have a "retro feel" that is extremely desirable right now. I wish CGC all the best and thank them for putting these older titles everywhere so any pinball players have access to them. History definitely is repeating itself.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is so true. To add to that, the PCBs in the back box were never going to last so the electronics were absolutely terrible. The same as what is being said now!

Well at least I can fix the WPC boards. These new boards I cant fix those. I will need a new one. Hope they will be available in 20 years!

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Maybe so but MB made lots money! That's all that mattered in those days! CC was a different story. It stumbled out the gate. They almost had to give CC away! I could have bought one NIB for $1800. The game now has a new lease on life with continued and now we are about to get an update for Continued!
    Can't Wait!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Well at least I can fix the WPC boards. These new boards I cant fix those. I will need a new one. Hope they will be available in 20 years!

+1

Years ago, I bought a heating station to work on some of the new stuff.

I damn near drove myself mad!!!

So much easier just to buy a new board! $$$

#10 6 years ago

Ive always enjoyed the layout and humor of MB. Lots going on....with a good amount of shots......dots are great too.

Cactus Canyon, I just cant get into it. I never played the CCC version though. Personally, there is no gratifying shot that I love to hit or that keep coming back for one more game feel.

#11 6 years ago

MB will always be a classic for me.

I did a bunch of bug testing on CCC awHile ago and after playing it a bunch I really don't need to play it again.
    I had always liked it before but never played a ton...kind of over it now.

#12 6 years ago

Cactus Canyon is an acquired taste not everyone is going to like it. Kinda like Champion Pub. I can’t really see CGC selling enough of them to make it worth the money and time to remake them. But I am glad I got my original. Champion Pub too!

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

Cactus Canyon is an acquired taste not everyone is going to like it.

Love the theme, but gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. Even with CCC it reminded me of playing South Park, it was that easy.

Quoted from whthrs166:

Maybe so but MB made lots money!

And yes, they do stand to make quite a bit of money on both of these, but it won't be coming out of my pocket.

#14 6 years ago

MB is awesome - but you have to make sure to set up the difficulty appropriate for the players.

If you're a good player...
    - open up the outlanes
    - make it steep
    - keep the flippers strong
    - bouncy rubber
    - sensitive slingshots

I know multiple top players that love MB, and have it setup hard enough that nobody would say it's too easy.
    I've also seen plenty of MB's in poor shape and/or setup too easy - too easy isn't fun.

#15 6 years ago

Thanks guys

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from T7:

MB is awesome - but you have to make sure to set up the difficulty appropriate for the players.
    If you're a good player...
    - open up the outlanes
    - make it steep
    - keep the flippers strong
    - bouncy rubber
    - sensitive slingshots
    I know multiple top players that love MB, and have it setup hard enough that nobody would say it's too easy.
    I've also seen plenty of MB's in poor shape and/or setup too easy - too easy isn't fun.

Just like i did with Twd , it was really hard to play for me so i added the rubber on the outlanes and now it's more my kind of game.

Love the MB theme art callouts toys dots...but like you say too easy aint fun and making pinball harder or more easier is really not that hard.

Thanks a lot

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-played-monster-bash-and-cactus-canyon-a-lot?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.