96.jpg
95.jpg
94.jpg
35.jpg
33.jpg
32.jpg
31.jpg
30.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

My only downside was it was hard to see the scores with multiplayers.

Could you elaborate on that? You know, if you had a chance to talk with a designer for their next game who was curious how the interface could be improved?

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Since the display was in the playfield, it was hard for observers to see it.
However, there were two models of the game there--one had no display in the backbox, the other one did.

Ah, I thought it was about seeing the other player scores. Yeah, the backbox LCD upgrade is probably the solution for that if you want that option.

I was playing my Tron last night, and one thing that really annoys me is every time you hit the spinning disc to try and start multiball it plays an animation of someone jumping with an identity disc before it displays how many more hits you need. Well Tron isn't exactly a game you can safely sit there staring at the display for seconds.

Be really nice if the playfield could indicate that for you. And with a high rez display you can show an animation and the count at the same time too, so much faster data, in view, while still looking cool.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

It may have been me, but we were playing with 4 players, actually for Dollars, and it seemed hard to me to see all 4 players scores at once

So just to be clear, is this about the position of the LCD in the playfield, or the actual interface for showing scores on the screen itself?

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

It was mainly not being able to see the scores easily on the playfield LCD I hope to buy one of these , but I would not opt for the 2nd screen in the head, unless it displayed scores during gameplay

Well the backbox LCD screen is just mirroring the playfield one, at least as far as I know. But if the scores were clearly shown on the playfield one they'd also be easily available on the backbox one.

Definitely useful stuff to keep in mind.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

If the screen is not showing multiplayer scores clearly, I am sure that this is an easy thing to fix with a code update later. Plenty of time to fix stuff like that and Andrew has said that they would welcome any suggestions to make the code even better.

Sure. Just to be clear I was asking for impressions to keep in mind for Alien. I haven't been able to spend time on Full Throttle myself yet, just saw the prototype at Expo last year. So first hand reports on how the LCD experience works for people is really helpful.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well sadly I haven't had the chance to play FullT either, but I have watched a lot of videos & I like what they've done with the playfield LCD.
If I only had one suggestion to make, perhaps on Alien they could incorporate the LCD into art design a little better, giving it a more seamless look. Similar to what they did on Captain Nemo. I really like that effect, as the LCD almost completely blends into the artwork. Cool effect, but I'm sure Aurich has plenty ideas up his sleeve
CNEMO.jpg

Hmm, I'd have to see that in action, but it doesn't really make much sense to me. The screen is for displaying game info, not trying to show the playfield art.

#97 8 years ago

FYI the game has evolved (for the better IMHO) since that blueprint. Definitely not a current representation of the game.

#101 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

The idea is that you can display any pertinent information on the screen without having to have an obvious big rectangle in the middle that breaks up the art. The final effect being the information looking like it is being displayed right on the playfield.
Hell, one could take this a step further, by using a projector to shoot the info wherever you want it on the playfield, like a HUD. That's something I've never seen done before.

Right, I get that, and it's clever, but it's just not really pertinent to a game like Alien where you want to show film clips and full screen animations etc. I don't know what Nemo puts on that screen, maybe it's more minimal and so it's cool to keep a background behind it that matches the playfield.

#105 8 years ago

If I did it would reveal things that have already been changed since I printed that drawing.

Quoted from Zampinator:

Does anyone know on Full Throttle if the spinning wheels on the bikes in the playfield "pop up"? I could of sworn I seen that in a picture on the net, but I can't relocated it.

I think the original design had that, but they discovered it had problems, so they changed it.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

So... Should be safe to show us then!

Nah, I like the new version better, don't want to show the design that had some issues.

Andrew has shown the original CAD drawing, I'm sure when he's ready he'll share the updated one. The guy just got married, give him a little time!

#133 8 years ago

I know there was some behavior with the ramps at Expo 2014 they weren't happy about so they redid how they worked to fix it.

#137 8 years ago

You can tell that the video above (from Pintastic I guess?) is the more recent machine, because it has the black apron and the screen is wide instead of 4:3.

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes it does look fast! I have only seen a few "jackpot" shots made in all of the videos I have watched. I'm up to the challenge though, I can't wait to get my pin!

I watched Josh Sharpe rock the game at Expo last year, though that wasn't the final production version. But you can really see the flow when you get a player of his caliber going on it.

1 week later
#167 8 years ago

I'm jealous that you guys have gotten to play this and I haven't!

2 months later
#182 8 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The best shot is of course the left loop roundabout by the left flipper. Watch out that is FAST!

So true. I played it for the first time myself at Expo, and that shot is addictive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
Decorations
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-played-full-throttle-expo?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.