96.jpg
95.jpg
94.jpg
35.jpg
33.jpg
32.jpg
31.jpg
30.jpg

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

The idea is that you can display any pertinent information on the screen without having to have an obvious big rectangle in the middle that breaks up the art. The final effect being the information looking like it is being displayed right on the playfield.
Hell, one could take this a step further, by using a projector to shoot the info wherever you want it on the playfield, like a HUD. That's something I've never seen done before.

Right, I get that, and it's clever, but it's just not really pertinent to a game like Alien where you want to show film clips and full screen animations etc. I don't know what Nemo puts on that screen, maybe it's more minimal and so it's cool to keep a background behind it that matches the playfield.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

The idea is that you can display any pertinent information on the screen without having to have an obvious big rectangle in the middle that breaks up the art. The final effect being the information looking like it is being displayed right on the playfield.
Hell, one could take this a step further, by using a projector to shoot the info wherever you want it on the playfield, like a HUD. That's something I've never seen done before.

Sounds a lot more like the p3, although in that case the screen is most of the lower playfield.

#103 8 years ago

Does anyone know on Full Throttle if the spinning wheels on the bikes in the playfield "pop up"? I could of sworn I seen that in a picture on the net, but I can't relocated it.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Even the CAD drawing I have printed out is already out of date.
https://twitter.com/aurich/status/620814373653606400

Pan out!

#105 8 years ago

If I did it would reveal things that have already been changed since I printed that drawing.

Quoted from Zampinator:

Does anyone know on Full Throttle if the spinning wheels on the bikes in the playfield "pop up"? I could of sworn I seen that in a picture on the net, but I can't relocated it.

I think the original design had that, but they discovered it had problems, so they changed it.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I did it would reveal things that have already been changed since I printed that drawing.

So... Should be safe to show us then!

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think the original design had that, but they discovered it had problems, so they changed it.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

So... Should be safe to show us then!

Nah, I like the new version better, don't want to show the design that had some issues.

Andrew has shown the original CAD drawing, I'm sure when he's ready he'll share the updated one. The guy just got married, give him a little time!

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Not that I observed. All I saw them do was spin.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I spoke with Mr. Heighway about that at Pinfest. He said that although they originally designed them to pop up - they decided not to implement that in the production game.

#111 8 years ago

I played it at both shows and thought it was great. I'll definately get one. Played fast and furious.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I spoke with Mr. Heighway about that at Pinfest. He said that although they originally designed them to pop up - they decided not to implement that in the production game.

I think that was a wise decision. It seems like that would block a lot of the playfield when they are "popped" up.

#113 8 years ago

I really enjoyed it. It's fast but controllable, none of the shots felt too small or too tight or obscured by anything. I also like the changes they made for the cabinet, it's different but imo a good different

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

(Oh how I wish I was rich)

ME TOO!

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

There used to be pop-up pop bumpers (ala Circus Voltaire) but they would get damaged taking direct shots from the flipper. The switch to spinners was because for title 1 they wanted a rock solid game that would earn on location (and not be broken).

There was also another super-charger toy that was supposed to be in the game but that was dumped for same reliability reasons.

#116 8 years ago

Does anyone know how deep the rules of the game are? Wizard mode....is it mode based with mini wizard modes? How many balls

#117 8 years ago

I will know more in a couple of weeks when I have the game myself, but this is what I have understood so far:

-There are 5 modes/challenges, all of them is stack-able. You get them by shooting the 5 major shots a set number of times. If you stack them you get higher points and one extra ball in play for each extra mode in play.

-When you have played them all you get a mini wizard mode/challenge called final challenge(not sure if you have to complete them or just start them to get there)

-There is one standard multiball you get from locking balls after hitting the Lock ball standup targets. You lock balls shooting the right orbit.
when lock is lit at the garage, there is a magnet that stops the ball and drops it into the garage.

-There are 7 races you have to win to get to the wizard mode called World champion.

-I also believe there is another multiball called redline or red mist. (someone please correct me if I am wrong here) Not sure how you get that but I think all the playfield lights go red when you play it.

-Hitting all 6 octane standups starts High Octane. A frenzy mode. Hitting them all a second time starts super high octane.

- Bumpers will advance playfield up to 6x

That is all I know. Probably much more to learn and I am really looking forward to checking it out for myself. From what I have heard, the rules are very solid already.

#118 8 years ago

I'm very interested in how the color changing led will work into the rules? Any info on this? WOZ utilizes this and I think it's awsome.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

-I also believe there is another multiball called redline or red mist. (someone please correct me if I am wrong here) Not sure how you get that but I think all the playfield lights go red when you play it.

Disclaimer in advance: I programmed most of these rules, so I speak from experience

Red Mist is not a multiball. It's enabled after you've made a large number of the fast, inner right loop shots.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Disclaimer in advance: I programmed most of these rules, so I speak from experience
Red Mist is not a multiball. It's enabled after you've made a large number of the fast, inner right loop shots.

Ok so how many multi ball modes are their? Also will the game take advantage of the color changing leds

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Ok so how many multi ball modes are their? Also will the game take advantage of the color changing leds

I won't say yet how many multiballs there are - let's give more people a chance to experience the game for the first time before going into too many specifics.

The game definitely uses the color changing LEDs in game play to reflect the state of gameplay and for all of the light shows.

#122 8 years ago

Any chance Full Throttle will appear at ReplayFX?!

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Thanks for the correction. I had a feeling I did not get that part correct. Nice of you to step inn bcd. Always good to hear things from the source

That inner loop looks sick (as inn fast) and incredibly fun. Cool to see there is a special mode for it.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Their picking it up from my house as I type. They are heading to replay fx!

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Their picking it up from my house as I type. They are heading to replay fx!

Reported for abuse. Reason? Getting my hopes up

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Reported for abuse. Reason? Getting my hopes up

I ain't lying same games that were at Pintastic New England!image.jpgimage.jpg

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I ain't lying same games that were at Pintastic New England!image.jpg

Did you have to hurry up & box it before the truck came? I would have been playing that sucker non-stop!

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I ain't lying same games that were at Pintastic New England!image.jpg

Oh snap! I thought you were pulling my leg cause you were asking questions about it. My bad.

Man I am making a lot of Pinside faux pas recently....

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Did you have to hurry up & box it before the truck came? I would have been playing that sucker non-stop!

I wish never got a chance to. Maybe I will just buy one!

#130 8 years ago

Have played the prototype at GPO 2013..

Hope, Andrew have solve the problem about the ball-bounce at the end on left and right ramp, into inline..

Cause stops the flow..

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from vinnie-jack:

Hope, Andrew have solve the problem about the ball-bounce at the end on left and right ramp, into inline..
Cause stops the flow..

Fast forward to 2015. Check out the ramp shots 40 seconds into the video

I think that may count as problem solved???

#132 8 years ago

The machine went through many different prototypes since 2013. Including changing to widebody.

#133 8 years ago

I know there was some behavior with the ramps at Expo 2014 they weren't happy about so they redid how they worked to fix it.

#134 8 years ago

Is FullT the fastest widebody ever? Sure looks like it from that video. I'm curious to hear some reviews from owners after they get to clock in on it.

#135 8 years ago

New Full Throttle video I found on Youtube.com from Pintastic.
The second player @ 6:00 to the end of the video makes some pretty good shots. Check it out.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from vinnie-jack:

Cause stops the flow..

Yes. They have fixed that (as you can see in the video above) That was one of the first complaints when the proto started to show up.

They also fixed a few airball problems and the position of the standup targets, among other things.

#137 8 years ago

You can tell that the video above (from Pintastic I guess?) is the more recent machine, because it has the black apron and the screen is wide instead of 4:3.

#138 8 years ago

This looks like such a great game! Love the layout. I particularly like the horseshoe that feeds across to that reversed inlane. So cool.

I'm hoping to be in a position to buy my first NIB game next year and I think it may be Alien. As a designer I can't really handle the lacklustre artwork on Full Throttle but I'm so impressed with everything that Heighway is bringing to the table that I'm expecting great things with Alien (including the artwork!).

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Just to confirm - 2 x Full Throttles, with some updates, will be at Replay FX

#140 8 years ago

How long does it take for a Heighway Pinball game to boot and enter attract mode?

Watch the video to find out...

#141 8 years ago

Yes, that is my video that I took of Full Throttle at Pintastic. The game is incredibly great. It's got that ramp action that is unique like an Iron Man or Spider-Man. It also has that unique inlane/outlane gap jump on the left side like some Solid-State games. Scoop usually ejected into left lane, flowed and hopped over gap of death, hold left flipper up for pass, and it's on the right flipper. No, the ball didn't fly to the slings and no, the ball didn't spin or rock around like a slippery playfield of a new Stern as you try and gain control of a simple drop catch. The games were setup just right.

Initially when I first saw this game years ago I thought the LCD display would be a gimmick or would start to come out of the PF like an old game with inserts coming out. No, not so with this title. It's a HUGE integral part of the game and you ALWAYS have an eye on it because it's on the PF itself rather than ignoring the standard DMD on a regular game or IMO even worse, near the lock-bar like some mods do. The way they run their company and the tech they put into their games is the way I would run my own Pinball company. I was very much tempted to buy the game on the spot but I don't have the space (I only have room for a 1976 Space Mission) and the cost is too high. I would rather buy a car but the price is on par with new games as of today yet cheaper than say a WOZ. You can swap out the PF, graphics, etc for a new game for $1,500 and that is incredible. Rule set was very easy to understand and I had no mini-tutorial on what to do when I first played it and did great.

The only things that I didn't like was the cabinet construction itself and the finish on the "lock-bar". The cabinet construction looked a little cheap as it was thin and looked like it was made of Pine. The lock-bar I really liked how they had it come out with the PF glass. That being said it felt while you were playing not on a typical lock-bar. The "feel" was off. There are no brake forming creases to grip onto it's just 1 solid lock-bar going around the glass. It's sort of a hammertone finish or it could have been how thick the paint was. It just felt really rounded with thick paint on it. You could take a bullet to that sucker. Frankly if I was modding my Full Throttle I would paint asphalt on the lock-bar and maybe paint some yellow lines on it like they have on roads. That way it looks cool and you can get some added grip onto it to help with nudging and sweaty hands.

Some folks had suggested putting bike grips on it like a "Demolition Man" and theoretically you could do it. I want their "Aliens" game really, really badly! Make that Blade Runner themed pin will you or at least a tech noir themed Pin!

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from hool10:

Yes, that is my video that I took of Full Throttle at Pintastic. The game is incredibly great. It's got that ramp action that is unique like an Iron Man or Spider-Man. It also has that unique inlane/outlane gap jump on the left side like some Solid-State games. Scoop usually ejected into left lane, flowed and hopped over gap of death, hold left flipper up for pass, and it's on the right flipper. No, the ball didn't fly to the slings and no, the ball didn't spin or rock around like a slippery playfield of a new Stern as you try and gain control of a simple drop catch. The games were setup just right.
Initially when I first saw this game years ago I thought the LCD display would be a gimmick or would start to come out of the PF like an old game with inserts coming out. No, not so with this title. It's a HUGE integral part of the game and you ALWAYS have an eye on it because it's on the PF itself rather than ignoring the standard DMD on a regular game or IMO even worse, near the lock-bar like some mods do. The way they run their company and the tech they put into their games is the way I would run my own Pinball company. I was very much tempted to buy the game on the spot but I don't have the space (I only have room for a 1976 Space Mission) and the cost is too high. I would rather buy a car but the price is on par with new games as of today yet cheaper than say a WOZ. You can swap out the PF, graphics, etc for a new game for $1,500 and that is incredible. Rule set was very easy to understand and I had no mini-tutorial on what to do when I first played it and did great.
The only things that I didn't like was the cabinet construction itself and the finish on the "lock-bar". The cabinet construction looked a little cheap as it was thin and looked like it was made of Pine. The lock-bar I really liked how they had it come out with the PF glass. That being said it felt while you were playing not on a typical lock-bar. The "feel" was off. There are no brake forming creases to grip onto it's just 1 solid lock-bar going around the glass. It's sort of a hammertone finish or it could have been how thick the paint was. It just felt really rounded with thick paint on it. You could take a bullet to that sucker. Frankly if I was modding my Full Throttle I would paint asphalt on the lock-bar and maybe paint some yellow lines on it like they have on roads. That way it looks cool and you can get some added grip onto it to help with nudging and sweaty hands.
Some folks had suggested putting bike grips on it like a "Demolition Man" and theoretically you could do it. I want their "Aliens" game really, really badly! Make that Blade Runner themed pin will you or at least a tech noir themed Pin!

Thanks for recording & posting that video! Also great review of FT! How fun is it to shoot that inner orbit that flows to the left the inlanes? The checkered flag shot up the middle looks like fun also.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Thanks for recording & posting that video! Also great review of FT! How fun is it to shoot that inner orbit that flows to the left the inlanes? The checkered flag shot up the middle looks like fun also.

Yeah that shot makes you feel like you made a sucker shot but it flows in when setup right to the left inlane. It goes rather fast so it catches you off guard. Flipper hold passes are a must on this game. If you do well on a race the toy in the upper left corner will taunt you. Middle shot, especially lock ball shot is a bit tough to backhand but can be done. Don't try it on ramps though because you won't make it.

#144 8 years ago

I found another Youtube video of a Full Throttle @ Pintastic. Enjoy!

#145 8 years ago

Thanks for the clip, Zampinator. Judging from the videos I have seen so far, keeping more than one ball in play is hard on this one. (although the last guy did alright)

A sure sign of a lightning fast beast

#146 8 years ago

The ramps are deceiving.....they work so well with this game and are greatly thought through...Partial shots drop at the top, Cross overs during multiball.....I guess it makes me feel a bit like playing whitewater.....a joy to watch the shots made through the ramps.
But more then that, they are fast and furious, and integrated well with the rule set.

I kinda feel if anyone has the chance to put in a few games, youll be hooked, because it does it so well. Seeing it all play out on the playfield screen integrates the physical game play, and the rule set, unlike any other game, IMO.....

I hope this is a new standard to be grown, as it breaks new ground in so many ways.
Challenging, Frustrating, and Fun.....Just one more game...one more...

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

How long does it take for a Heighway Pinball game to boot and enter attract mode?
Watch the video to find out...

this game looks great. Good job. I can't wait to play one.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Thanks for the clip, Zampinator. Judging from the videos I have seen so far, keeping more than one ball in play is hard on this one. (although the last guy did alright)
A sure sign of a lightning fast beast

Yes it does look fast! I have only seen a few "jackpot" shots made in all of the videos I have watched. I'm up to the challenge though, I can't wait to get my pin!

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Yes it does look fast! I have only seen a few "jackpot" shots made in all of the videos I have watched. I'm up to the challenge though, I can't wait to get my pin!

I watched Josh Sharpe rock the game at Expo last year, though that wasn't the final production version. But you can really see the flow when you get a player of his caliber going on it.

#150 8 years ago

I just updated the titled to this thread. Those of you that played it this past weekend @ RePlayFx please share your thoughts, pics, & videos here please.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Cabinet Parts
Troxel Repair
Cabinet parts
$ 5.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-played-full-throttle-expo/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.