PXL_20201014_135427673 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201020_163027411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201014_185009578 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201014_184957010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201014_081637135 (resized).jpg
6B25CEB9-EF49-4280-8E60-3CF8E2C0AA1A.jpeg
2020-09-29 18.11.32 (resized).jpg
2020-09-29 18.36.10 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briks-707.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 3 years ago

Got mine a few weeks ago. Haven’t put a lot of table time on it yet but the few games I have, it played really fast and furious. They are some nice shots but lots of air balls from the RPM targets, even after I adjusted flipper strength. I guess in need to lower the machine a bit.

One thing I’m not really feeling is all the plastic parts on the playfield. On one hand I get it, the cars and tracks we played with as kids were plastic and they definitely give you the nostalgic feeling.....but being how fast the table plays how many of these parts are going to hold up over time. When I look at the playfield I just don’t see quality. Thankfully none of this detracts from the fun factor of the machine but I don’t see myself keeping it in the collection for the long haul.

57D025EB-1CAD-49E2-AA10-5988DDBB7F1E (resized).jpeg57D025EB-1CAD-49E2-AA10-5988DDBB7F1E (resized).jpeg
#71 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You haven’t put a lot of table time on it and you already don’t see yourself keeping for the long haul.

Yes I don’t envision it staying in the collection for 10+ years like some of my other pins will. Not due to lack of fun but at this point “perceived” lack of quality, I just don’t see it aging well. Who knows maybe some future mods might change my opinion.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What “parts” on the playfield are you concerned with? Leading to a “perceived” lack of quality?

I’m concerned with the plastic left return ramp specifically. I’ve had a few air balls strike the ramp hard enough to potentially crack/chip the plastic, to the point where I stopped the game to check for damage. Plastic ramps don’t tend to age well in my experience.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi briks-707 ... congrats on your new Hot Wheels, I hope it gives you many years of fun!
You'll find plastic ramps on the vast majority of games over the past 30+ years, so Hot Wheels is right in line with normal practices of the pinball industry. Sure, plastic ramps can break, but often that's not until they've been in service for decades and many thousands of plays. (I also have games where welds have broken on metal ramps... nothing is completely unbreakable.)
Frequent airballs are not expected on this game. If you're experiencing airballs when shooting the RPM targets, try turning down the flipper strength further. I know you said you already adjusted flipper strength, but that the game is still fast and furious. "Fast and furious" is generally a good thing in pinball, but through some experimentation you may be able to find the right balance of flipper strength that offers fast, furious play, yet minimizes or eliminates those airballs. You can also check the RPM targets themselves to see if they're bent backwards... if they are, the ball might be hitting them and ricocheting into the air, which is not desirable. The surface of the targets should be perpendicular to the surface of the playfield. If that's not the case, try gently bending them forwards and see if that helps.
Finally, if all else fails, drop a note to <[email protected]>, or file a service request at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> ... our great service team will be happy to help you get it tweaked just right. We want you to love playing the game, not be constantly worrying about it breaking!
Have fun!

It’s a very fun table no doubt about that, gets my adrenaline going every game. To be fair I haven’t had lots of time on the machine but just about every game has produced (usually) multiple air balls. I might just need more time to adjust the table to prevent some of these instances from occurring. My distributor set up the table meticulously when it was delivered so I assumed some air balls were just par for the course. He recommended I keep the cars zip tied for that very reason and let me know it was a lively table. I’m also getting air balls from the kicker to the right of the rpm targets. Again I do really enjoy a fast playing table but you can see my concern if air balls are a common occurrence and there is that much plastic out there on the playfield. I’d much rather prefer metal ramps but obviously it was not a deal breaker and like you say anything can break at anytime, just the nature of pinball machines.

My distributor is bringing me a Houdini machine next week so I’ll have him address my table issues along with the problems I’m having with one of the speakers. I’m confident it will all get sorted out. I do appreciate the competitive price point on these machines but I also wouldn’t mind paying more for higher quality materials either......just my .02

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are you getting air balls from after hitting targets, or ? If targets then some people have tried new denser target foam which seems to have eliminated any air balls from the targets.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin/page/2#post-5906424

I’m getting air balls after hitting the RPM targets and off the flippers (usually left one) on the return from the RPM targets. Also getting air balls from return flip after hitting the kicker and occasionally the kicker will toss an air ball strait back at me. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to try to the foam out if I can’t get the issue sorted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 61.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Atoka, TN
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briks-707.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin?tu=briks-707 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.