PXL_20201014_135427673 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201020_163027411 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201014_185009578 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201014_184957010 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201014_081637135 (resized).jpg
6B25CEB9-EF49-4280-8E60-3CF8E2C0AA1A.jpeg
2020-09-29 18.11.32 (resized).jpg
2020-09-29 18.36.10 (resized).jpg

There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Received yesterday!!!! WooHoo!!!

6B25CEB9-EF49-4280-8E60-3CF8E2C0AA1A.jpeg6B25CEB9-EF49-4280-8E60-3CF8E2C0AA1A.jpeg
1 week later
#52 3 years ago

Had the game for two weeks and I have to say its probably the most fun game of 2020. I also purchased Wonka, Avenger and we already had TmnT. I have had a few problems that might be related to leveling and pitch. Air balls from the rpm targets, Overshooting saucers and not falling in. I have lowered the flipper coil strength by two and this seems to still be an issue. Should the game be 6 degrees? Weak plunger spring, it feels like even with a full plunge its not strong enough to go around the orbit after I save the ball on the right out lane. Is this issue resolved by flattening the game?

I am sad that this game didn't get the love it should have. I hope it does over time and hopefully as it gets rented more people enjoy it.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Had the game for two weeks and I have to say its probably the most fun game of 2020. I also purchased Wonka, Avenger and we already had TmnT. I have had a few problems that might be related to leveling and pitch. Air balls from the rpm targets, Overshooting saucers and not falling in. I have lowered the flipper coil strength by two and this seems to still be an issue. Should the game be 6 degrees? Weak plunger spring, it feels like even with a full plunge its not strong enough to go around the orbit after I save the ball on the right out lane. Is this issue resolved by flattening the game?
I am sad that this game didn't get the love it should have. I hope it does over time and hopefully as it gets rented more people enjoy it.

The air ball from the RPM targets is because the targets are too stiff and there still is too much energy hitting the RPM switches (same with the traffic lights). Try lowering flipper strength another 1 or 2. I lowered the table to factory recommended height and it has been okay. You still will get some air balls that will hit the glass but at least it won't knock over the car on the right hand side like it was doing for me (a little too much epic crashing ).

Plunging has not been a problem for me so not sure other than checking the plunger spring? Maybe the AP guys can offer suggestions on that.

More and more people are playing the game and I think it is going to have legs. It is getting the love that it should be getting - remember this is Pinside, the home of flash and sizzle and FOMO on the griddle so the next big thing knocks attention down the line. In the real world we will see what's what.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Weak plunger spring, it feels like even with a full plunge its not strong enough to go around the orbit

Given the skill shot is about soft plunging to hit the '3' target, you typically don't want it to go all the around. it also requires the right amount of power, too little or too much and it will bang off the rails and find its way to the pops.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Given the skill shot is about soft plunging to hit the '3' target, you typically don't want it to go all the around. it also requires the right amount of power, too little or too much and it will bang off the rails and find its way to the pops.

If i save the ball in the right outlane a skill shot is not available. I might prefer to full plunge to the left flipper. Also given the strength of the spring even on a full plunge it usually only goes to the 3rd switch and is hard to fail. I wonder if the pitch of the table might not be helping.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I have had a few problems that might be related to leveling and pitch. Air balls from the rpm targets, Overshooting saucers and not falling in. I have lowered the flipper coil strength by two and this seems to still be an issue. Should the game be 6 degrees? Weak plunger spring, it feels like even with a full plunge its not strong enough to go around the orbit after I save the ball on the right out lane. Is this issue resolved by flattening the game?

Air balls from the RPM targets: Try switching out the foam backing to a denser foam. Other pinsiders have reported pinball life and pinball resource having a bit denser foam. Do the car targets while you're at it.
https://www.pinballlife.com/target-backing-foam.html
http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

Overshooting saucer: check the metal snubber. You can try bending this up a bit or apply some thin foam to the snubber to lessen the bounce.

Weak plunger spring: As Josh said, the skill shot is the main objective on the plunge. The game wasn't designed to make a full orbit off the plunge.
That said, to get a stronger plunge you can either buy a stiffer spring or just stretch out your existing spring. Just elongate it about an inch or 2 from the original length.

Yes, the recommended pitch is 6 degrees.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Yes, the recommended pitch is 6 degrees.

im going to flatten the game and then address the other issues. This game will be a rental and since i will not be providing keys for obvious reasons I want to make sure the game wont be an issue.

Also to @rosh, the cabinet art isnt laminated. Will it wear off over heavy use? Should i get clear guards for the flipper button area?

#58 3 years ago

This just arrived

PXL_20201014_081637135 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_081637135 (resized).jpg
#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

the cabinet art isnt laminated. Will it wear off over heavy use? Should i get clear guards for the flipper button area?

Yes. We're working to get some lollypop rails for an upgrade option, but a mylar button guard is a good and cheap option as well.

#61 3 years ago

Unfortunately my pin is not starting up. I get the error 'Reboot and select proper boot device'.

I disconnected the top 2 USB cables from the PC and made sure they are good connected but same error. Playfield inserts are all white and backbox lighting is not working.

PXL_20201014_184957010 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_184957010 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_185009578 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_185009578 (resized).jpg
#62 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Unfortunately my pin is not starting up. I get the error 'Reboot and select proper boot device'.
I disconnected the top 2 USB cables from the PC and made sure they are good connected but same error. Playfield inserts are all white and backbox lighting is not working.[quoted image][quoted image]

Already had contact with AP and seems a SSD\PC problem Working with AP to get this solved.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

If i save the ball in the right outlane a skill shot is not available. I might prefer to full plunge to the left flipper. Also given the strength of the spring even on a full plunge it usually only goes to the 3rd switch and is hard to fail. I wonder if the pitch of the table might not be helping.

Clearly something is a miss there, it should be strong enough to get it around. Does the auto-fire have any issues getting it around? What color is the spring?

#64 3 years ago

Already had contact with AP and seems a SSD\PC problem Working with AP to get this solved.

Just installed the new PC I received from my distributor Pinball Universe and 'She is Aliiiiiiiive'

Many thanks to AP en Pinball Universe for all support and quickly resolving this problem. I made the right choice to buy this pin from you.

PXL_20201020_163027411 (resized).jpgPXL_20201020_163027411 (resized).jpg
#65 3 years ago

Some small adjustments and an upgrade I had alreay done.

Installed felt on the left and right side of the playfield. Preventing damage from playfield to inner cabinet art.
PXL_20201014_135427673 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_135427673 (resized).jpg
Installed some cling vinyl in front of the kicker (as this is the only place I could not find mylar applied). From a player angel you won't notice the vinyl at all.
PXL_20201014_135933299 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_135933299 (resized).jpg
And finally one of the best upgrades for a pin anti glare glass (from Roman).
PXL_20201014_142304030 (resized).jpgPXL_20201014_142304030 (resized).jpg

#66 3 years ago

I took a look at the plunger and noticed it was being stopped by the auto launcher. When i lifted the playfield it looks like the mech is rubbing against the playfield and is blocking the plunger. This doesnt look right.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.46.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.46.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.46.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.46.22 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.46.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 10.46.35 AM (resized).png
#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I took a look at the plunger and noticed it was being stopped by the auto launcher. When i lifted the playfield it looks like the mech is rubbing against the playfield and is blocking the plunger. This doesnt look right.

Thanks for calling! For those that are interested, the adjustment was to loosen the auto kicker armature bracket, push it to the left and tighten down so it doesn't rub on the playfield. The shooter rod housing also needed to be loosened and centered so the rubber is between the forks of the auto kicker.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Yes. We're working to get some lollypop rails for an upgrade option, but a mylar button guard is a good and cheap option as well.

Please say the rails will match the light blue on the apron....that would be amazing.

#69 3 years ago

Got mine a few weeks ago. Haven’t put a lot of table time on it yet but the few games I have, it played really fast and furious. They are some nice shots but lots of air balls from the RPM targets, even after I adjusted flipper strength. I guess in need to lower the machine a bit.

One thing I’m not really feeling is all the plastic parts on the playfield. On one hand I get it, the cars and tracks we played with as kids were plastic and they definitely give you the nostalgic feeling.....but being how fast the table plays how many of these parts are going to hold up over time. When I look at the playfield I just don’t see quality. Thankfully none of this detracts from the fun factor of the machine but I don’t see myself keeping it in the collection for the long haul.

57D025EB-1CAD-49E2-AA10-5988DDBB7F1E (resized).jpeg57D025EB-1CAD-49E2-AA10-5988DDBB7F1E (resized).jpeg
#70 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Got mine a few weeks ago. Haven’t put a lot of table time on it yet but the few games I have, it played really fast and furious. They are some nice shots but lots of air balls from the RPM targets, even after I adjusted flipper strength. I guess in need to lower the machine a bit.
One thing I’m not really feeling is all the plastic parts on the playfield. On one hand I get it, the cars and tracks we played with as kids were plastic and they definitely give you the nostalgic feeling.....but being how fast the table plays how many of these parts are going to hold up over time. When I look at the playfield I just don’t see quality. Thankfully none of this detracts from the fun factor of the machine but I don’t see myself keeping it in the collection for the long haul.
[quoted image]

You haven’t put a lot of table time on it and you already don’t see yourself keeping for the long haul.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

You haven’t put a lot of table time on it and you already don’t see yourself keeping for the long haul.

Yes I don’t envision it staying in the collection for 10+ years like some of my other pins will. Not due to lack of fun but at this point “perceived” lack of quality, I just don’t see it aging well. Who knows maybe some future mods might change my opinion.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Yes I don’t envision it staying in the collection for 10+ years like some of my other pins will. Not due to lack of fun but at this point “perceived” lack of quality, I just don’t see it aging well. Who knows maybe some future mods might change my opinion.

What “parts” on the playfield are you concerned with? Leading to a “perceived” lack of quality?

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

What “parts” on the playfield are you concerned with? Leading to a “perceived” lack of quality?

I’m concerned with the plastic left return ramp specifically. I’ve had a few air balls strike the ramp hard enough to potentially crack/chip the plastic, to the point where I stopped the game to check for damage. Plastic ramps don’t tend to age well in my experience.

#74 3 years ago

Hi Briks-707 ... congrats on your new Hot Wheels, I hope it gives you many years of fun!

You'll find plastic ramps on the vast majority of games over the past 30+ years, so Hot Wheels is right in line with normal practices of the pinball industry. Sure, plastic ramps can break, but often that's not until they've been in service for decades and many thousands of plays. (I also have games where welds have broken on metal ramps... nothing is completely unbreakable.)

Frequent airballs are not expected on this game. If you're experiencing airballs when shooting the RPM targets, try turning down the flipper strength further. I know you said you already adjusted flipper strength, but that the game is still fast and furious. "Fast and furious" is generally a good thing in pinball, but through some experimentation you may be able to find the right balance of flipper strength that offers fast, furious play, yet minimizes or eliminates those airballs. You can also check the RPM targets themselves to see if they're bent backwards... if they are, the ball might be hitting them and ricocheting into the air, which is not desirable. The surface of the targets should be perpendicular to the surface of the playfield. If that's not the case, try gently bending them forwards and see if that helps.

Finally, if all else fails, drop a note to <[email protected]>, or file a service request at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> ... our great service team will be happy to help you get it tweaked just right. We want you to love playing the game, not be constantly worrying about it breaking!

Have fun!

#75 3 years ago

I find the quality of parts and build to be excellent on AP's games. My personal opinion is AP gets high marks for overall quality.

Whatever game #4 is, it is going to get a very good look from me and I wouldn't be surprised when it happens that I again jump in right away like I did for Hot Wheels.

I just told some pin friends last night that Hot Wheels ranks right up near the top of games in my collection.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I find the quality of parts and build to be excellent on AP's games. My personal opinion is AP gets high marks for overall quality.
Whatever game #4 is, it is going to get a very good look from me and I wouldn't be surprised when it happens that I again jump in right away like I did for Hot Wheels.
I just told some pin friends last night that Hot Wheels ranks right up near the top of games in my collection.

I agree with all of this. I have found that Hot Wheels is well built with good parts all the way around.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi briks-707 ... congrats on your new Hot Wheels, I hope it gives you many years of fun!
You'll find plastic ramps on the vast majority of games over the past 30+ years, so Hot Wheels is right in line with normal practices of the pinball industry. Sure, plastic ramps can break, but often that's not until they've been in service for decades and many thousands of plays. (I also have games where welds have broken on metal ramps... nothing is completely unbreakable.)
Frequent airballs are not expected on this game. If you're experiencing airballs when shooting the RPM targets, try turning down the flipper strength further. I know you said you already adjusted flipper strength, but that the game is still fast and furious. "Fast and furious" is generally a good thing in pinball, but through some experimentation you may be able to find the right balance of flipper strength that offers fast, furious play, yet minimizes or eliminates those airballs. You can also check the RPM targets themselves to see if they're bent backwards... if they are, the ball might be hitting them and ricocheting into the air, which is not desirable. The surface of the targets should be perpendicular to the surface of the playfield. If that's not the case, try gently bending them forwards and see if that helps.
Finally, if all else fails, drop a note to <[email protected]>, or file a service request at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/> ... our great service team will be happy to help you get it tweaked just right. We want you to love playing the game, not be constantly worrying about it breaking!
Have fun!

such a professional response. impeccable customer service. thats why i am a big fan of AP.
if i had to buy a new ramp every 4 years i wouldnt complain. it means i am playing and enjoying the hell outa my pin and its not just a piece of art to look at. imho after owning many other NIB pins this is one of the highest quality pins i have owned. the pin looks and plays awesome and there was alot of attention to detail put into this plus for 6250 one of the better deals out there. looking forward to #4 i am in!!

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hi briks-707 ... congrats on your new Hot Wheels, I hope it gives you many years of fun!
Have fun!

It’s a very fun table no doubt about that, gets my adrenaline going every game. To be fair I haven’t had lots of time on the machine but just about every game has produced (usually) multiple air balls. I might just need more time to adjust the table to prevent some of these instances from occurring. My distributor set up the table meticulously when it was delivered so I assumed some air balls were just par for the course. He recommended I keep the cars zip tied for that very reason and let me know it was a lively table. I’m also getting air balls from the kicker to the right of the rpm targets. Again I do really enjoy a fast playing table but you can see my concern if air balls are a common occurrence and there is that much plastic out there on the playfield. I’d much rather prefer metal ramps but obviously it was not a deal breaker and like you say anything can break at anytime, just the nature of pinball machines.

My distributor is bringing me a Houdini machine next week so I’ll have him address my table issues along with the problems I’m having with one of the speakers. I’m confident it will all get sorted out. I do appreciate the competitive price point on these machines but I also wouldn’t mind paying more for higher quality materials either......just my .02

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

It’s a very fun table no doubt about that, gets my adrenaline going every game. To be fair I haven’t had lots of time on the machine but just about every game has produced (usually) multiple air balls. I might just need more time to adjust the table to prevent some of these instances from occurring. My distributor set up the table meticulously when it was delivered so I assumed some air balls were just par for the course. He recommended I keep the cars zip tied for that very reason and let me know it was a lively table. I’m also getting air balls from the kicker to the right of the rpm targets. Again I do really enjoy a fast playing table but you can see my concern if air balls are a common occurrence and there is that much plastic out there on the playfield. I’d much rather prefer metal ramps but obviously it was not a deal breaker and like you say anything can break at anytime, just the nature of pinball machines.
My distributor is bringing me a Houdini machine next week so I’ll have him address my table issues along with the problems I’m having with one of the speakers. I’m confident it will all get sorted out. I do appreciate the competitive price point on these machines but I also wouldn’t mind paying more for higher quality materials either......just my .02

Are you getting air balls from after hitting targets, or ? If targets then some people have tried new denser target foam which seems to have eliminated any air balls from the targets.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin/page/2#post-5906424

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are you getting air balls from after hitting targets, or ? If targets then some people have tried new denser target foam which seems to have eliminated any air balls from the targets.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin/page/2#post-5906424

I’m getting air balls after hitting the RPM targets and off the flippers (usually left one) on the return from the RPM targets. Also getting air balls from return flip after hitting the kicker and occasionally the kicker will toss an air ball strait back at me. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have to try to the foam out if I can’t get the issue sorted.

#81 3 years ago

Check your pitch. Make sure your game is not too steep. Leg levelers screwed in front and back, just adjust for leveling. 6 degrees or maybe a hair less.

#82 3 years ago

We are at 1,112 games played on ours and so far the only thing that has happened is a car target decal fell off. So far my impression is the pin is built like a tank. -Fliptronic

#83 3 years ago

Have the Zaccaria Hot Wheels
Love it

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from Venetic:

We are at 1,112 games played on ours and so far the only thing that has happened is a car target decal fell off. So far my impression is the pin is built like a tank. -Fliptronic

Hey Fliptronic! its Quasars Arcade I agree with the build quality being good. My only potential issue is the non laminated art on the cabinets but outside of that I want to see more of these on location for people to enjoy.

One ask to AP is if you an tighten the Chase ball logic? Stern's go through 4 searches and then forgets the ball going foward while HW will try searching on each new game. I think the time between searches is a bit long but this is coming from an operator's perspective. I dont want to provide keys to renters for liabilty reasons.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

One ask to AP is if you an tighten the Chase ball logic?

We can take a look at that. I agree that we could shorten up the wait before initiating a ball search a bit.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

We can take a look at that. I agree that we could shorten up the wait before initiating a ball search a bit.

Awesome! Also not to search for the ball on games going forward unless the game was able to find all the balls again. That would allow players not to have to press the button 4 times to play a new game.

#87 3 years ago

Also need an instant game restart while ball is in the shooter lane, like most any other game has? (not shooting it out and ending current game), I think that has been my only super big pain point while churning through challenges lol

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

My only potential issue is the non laminated art on the cabinets but outside of that I want to see more of these on location for people to enjoy.

We should have lollypop side rails for an upgrade in the next couple weeks. Also will have a decal button guard option too.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

We should have lollypop side rails for an upgrade in the next couple weeks. Also will have a decal button guard option too.

it would be a good idea to offer replacement target decals and flag decals too.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

replacement target decals and flag decals too.

Should have a mini set of target decals for the car targets and rpm targets soon.

You’re the first to say anything about the flags.

1 month later
#91 3 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the music for redline mania missing after updating the code?

#92 3 years ago

Try the update again. If you had downloaded the incremental/"quick" update (which has been removed from the web site for awhile, but might still be floating around), try downloading and installing the full update.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Hope this helps you!

#93 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Anyone else have an issue with the music for redline mania missing after updating the code?

Exactly what Ferret said. Installing the full update which is currently listed on our site should resolve the issue.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

I agree with the build quality being good. My only potential issue is the non laminated art on the cabinets but outside of that I want to see more of these on location for people to enjoy.

Lollipop (half moon) side rails are now available for Hot Wheels.

In fact, they are currently temporarily on sale! Normally, $149.95, they are on sale now for $89.92 per set.

Just be sure to select the correct game you are ordering them for on the drop-down tab.

These side rails for Hot Wheels ship in December 2020.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/houdini-cabinet-side-armor-bronze-l?variant=32040468545634
Side Rails (resized).jpgSide Rails (resized).jpg

1 year later
#95 2 years ago

I disconnected the top 2 USB cables from the PC and made sure they are good connected but same error. Playfield inserts are all white and backbox lighting is not working.[quoted image][quoted image]

Had this same issue.. but got it back up and running

1. Plugged a USB keyboard into the service port inside the coin door.
2. Turned on the machine and kept pressing 'DEL' on the keyboard to get me into the PC BIOS on startup.
3. Went into the Boot menu, changed the boot option priorities to Boot Option #1 being 'Windows Boot Manager (P1: Winconway SSD 32GB).
4. Right arrowed to Save & Exit, saved the updated config.
5. Restarted the machine and everything worked as per usual.

After (resized).jpgAfter (resized).jpg
#96 2 years ago

BrodersAU More eyes will likely see that in the official Hot Wheels thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hot-wheels-club-challenge-accepted

1 year later
#97 5 months ago

Just purchased Hot Wheels a few days ago. It’s a fun game!

My only issue is the drop targets on Build Track and Case: Case target is a tad high while Build Track target is low. Balls keeps getting stuck, even when the ball search happened. Any way to modify these targets so they don’t get stuck? Or Contact AP directly?

1 week later
#98 5 months ago
Quoted from JCO25:

Just purchased Hot Wheels a few days ago. It’s a fun game!
My only issue is the drop targets on Build Track and Case: Case target is a tad high while Build Track target is low. Balls keeps getting stuck, even when the ball search happened. Any way to modify these targets so they don’t get stuck? Or Contact AP directly?

This video answers your question. I still have the game and love how it plays.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, MA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons
Toppers
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-owns-a-hot-wheels-pin/page/2?hl=huggers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.