• Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
MM-principal-office.png
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 10 years ago

Gonna be a messy Monday. Somehow I think if they sell more than 1000 less than 24 hours they will find a way not to leave money on the table

#152 10 years ago

I THINK I am in as well. It sure seems like more than 1,000 were sold, though.

#153 10 years ago

Sure would be nice if we didn't have to guess on an $8,000 machine wouldn't it?

#154 10 years ago

Here's my take on the situation. If it turns out that a ton of people end up not getting filled on their orders, I GUARANTEE you that Planetary will make more games. They clearly underestimated the demand for the title, but it's not like they are going to leave money on the table. It would also be a public relations disaster if hundreds of people who were told they would get games got the shaft.

#155 10 years ago

If I miss this after speaking directly with them - it will be hard to swallow. I'm checking my phone call time -

Ok it was 1:24pm Est when I placed my phone order.

Is it possible I am out???

I sent email confirm to Jen at 1:30pm Est. How I received nothing and other guys got confirms at same time is nuts.

#156 10 years ago
Quoted from asg612:

If I miss this after speaking directly with them - it will be hard to swallow. I'm checking my phone call time -
Ok it was 1:24pm Est when I placed my phone order.
Is it possible I am out???

If I had to guess, you'll end up getting confirmed next week or tomorrow.

I am an odd case where I just can't float a grand in cash (I need it for a private machine I am trying to save for), and who knows if they are going to want cash for the rest. I can't make that scenario happen in the time allotted yet, I must have one so I went with the place that will take the CC.

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Here's my take on the situation. If it turns out that a ton of people end up not getting filled on their orders, I GUARANTEE you that Planetary will make more games. They clearly underestimated the demand for the title, but it's not like they are going to leave money on the table. It would also be a public relations disaster if hundreds of people who were told they would get games got the shaft.

Do you think so? Once again, they stated that this was an LE run of 1,000 with numbered plates on each game. My understanding is that one or two distributors kept taking orders far past their allotment.

#158 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

There will be no references to Williams whatsoever. It's a Williams license but all logos are being removed from artwork and dmd graphics.

Why would they do that when they have the license?

#159 10 years ago

I ordered today around 3 p.m. Central Time from Pinballsales. I have not received any email or response. My order number is 1292.
Mike in Kentucky

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Gonna be a messy Monday. Somehow I think if they sell more than 1000 less than 24 hours they will find a way not to leave money on the table

That would be the smart thing to do

#161 10 years ago

will see next week i guess. no biggie. but no LE. then it will be no MM remake for me.

#162 10 years ago

This will sell out in 24hrs. This means in this short space of time the company will have raised 1M cash in hand to be getting on with and another 7M to come by the end. Wonder what the profit margin is. It would be hard not to turn around and do another 1000

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from StrykersArcade:

Why would they do that when they have the license?

Because they are legally required to. Remember, it isn't WILLIAMS re-making this game, it's PPS.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

This will sell out in 24hrs. This means in this short space of time the company will have raised 1M cash in hand to be getting on with and another 7M to come by the end. Wonder what the profit margin is. It would be hard not to turn around and do another 1000

I'm reasonably certain that this sold out in the first 5 hours or so.

#165 10 years ago

Let me just say this one hand washes the other . If there us one dealer I trust who will get all his allocations it will be JJP. Would be my loss if I didn't feel this way .

Thx again everyone for making this happen
( Hobbs )

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from huo:

#1373. Why isn't this sold out yet?

Dude, that's just JJP. GEX has already sold 8 last time I checked at 2 pm.

#167 10 years ago

Pps posted it may be oversold on here already.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Which thread? Was there anything else stated?

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I don't think it's oversold unless one of the disties made a mistake. I know there is some speculation at some of the distributors so if you are late you could be out of luck. Quite frankly, I don't think they expected this at all.

#170 10 years ago

I decided to jump in because of the game and the passion. I wonder how many are buying several of them to speculate and try to make money.

#171 10 years ago

I have been hearing it sold out in 4 hours? To customers not just distros.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I don't think it's oversold unless one of the disties made a mistake. I know there is some speculation at some of the distributors so if you are late you could be out of luck. Quite frankly, I don't think they expected this at all.

Personally I think they did. A lot if top notch people working in this one. Instills faith after the last fiasco

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

I decided to jump in because of the game and the passion. I wonder how many are buying several of them to speculate and try to make money.

Been there, done that. No more. I only got in on three (which ended up being 5) because I didn't want to miss out. The most I might try and speculate on is 2. Otherwise, F the speculation business for good.

#174 10 years ago

I believe gweem is right. They will keep building them.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

My order is in, but I have to make a decision by sometime tomorrow whether to stick with ST-LE or send in the check for MM. I am struggling to imagine how I could justify buying both. I don't think it would be wise.
MM has always been my grail pin, so I am leaning strongly in that direction. Still hoping for more news about ST coming out of tonight's meeting.

go to a credit union and get a 'signature loan' for very very very little interest rate. pay it off over 3 to 4 years.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Do you think so? Once again, they stated that this was an LE run of 1,000 with numbered plates on each game. My understanding is that one or two distributors kept taking orders far past their allotment.

Then there will either be a second run of different LEs, or a run of non-LE games. I specifically asked them at the seminar if they could potentially build games beyond these 1000, and Rick flat out said that they can pretty much do whatever they want to do. It's clear that they were being deliberately vague in order to avoid painting themselves into a corner if they decide to run more games.

#177 10 years ago

i think im in, pinball sales, email received and check sent via UPS

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

i think im in, pinball sales #1137, email received and check sent via UPS

I'm going to the USPS tomorrow for overnight delivery on 1034.

#179 10 years ago

Looking forward to my MMR

#181 10 years ago

#182 10 years ago

Yeah confirmation email for me as well directly from the man Jack himself. Oh hell yes.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

What's the deal with the check e-mail? Are they asking for checks even though the website took credit cards? Do people think this means their order is confirmed? Jen sent an e-mail saying she thought I would be fine a few hours ago, but never asked for a check. What's the deal?

Same question here: I got the email stating that I must send a check to lock the order in. Does this mean they are not going to charge the cc given during check out?

#184 10 years ago

Why are you guys sending checks out? I got an email to wait for an invoice. I think you have much more risk sending checks out prior to be invoiced.

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

Same question here: I got the email stating that I must send a check to lock the order in. Does this mean they are not going to charge the cc given during check out?

I got the same e-mail as most but mine also mentioned wiring the money directly to JJP, wasn't sure I saw anyone mention that.

#186 10 years ago

Because folks who ordered through Pinball sales were being told that CC were no longer accepted and that as they were confirmed with an email stating so, they are required to mail in a check for the thousand dollar deposit to complete their purchase agreement.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I was her first phone in order. Never a mention of not having enough. Grrr

Just to update my post and echo what some others are now posting, Jack sent me an email directly (at 4:37 am none the less; hes a machine. Very good customer service!!) telling me I was in and had 7 days to lock it in with a check or bank wire and I would get an invoice Monday. Wow what a relief!

#188 10 years ago

The word "risk" seems to be creeping into this thread occasionally.

Personally (others opinions and experiences may differ) - I am not reading "risk" as a part of this equation. As I have dealt with the parties involved previously, I actually interpret the opposite - they are credible and they know what thy are doing.

The rapid-fire response and sales of this game would seem to indicate many others did not give it a second thought either. Sea change from 2 years ago when JG/JJP was saying "Give me $7,000* I am going to build a pinball machine." That worked out. This will also.

*Technically it was "Give me $1,000" + quarterly payments (or whatever the schedule was).

#189 10 years ago

I woke up this morning and was happy to see the email arrived. Poor Jack must of been up most of the night sending these out. Thank you. Im in. I am finally getting MM.

#190 10 years ago

ordered from pinball sales order #1088

#191 10 years ago

Yup got my check e-mail at 4AM. Going down to the post office today to send via Priority Mail.

#192 10 years ago

Got my email this morning for #1190

#194 10 years ago

I got my email too .

#195 10 years ago

we shall see monday

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from chuck1972:

We are not charging any credit cards, check only or wire.

This is through PinballSales.com /JGSC

#197 10 years ago

Are you guys going to wait until monday for the invoice and mail the invoice in with your check or are you guys just sending in checks today?

#198 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Are you guys going to wait until monday for the invoice and mail the invoice in with your check or are you guys just sending in checks today?

I was wondering the same thing. I got my email this morning too.

#199 10 years ago

Got my confirmation this morning!! Woohoo!

#200 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

That is the only remaining question. Thanks Jersey Jack for staying up all night emailing people.

Are we supposed to wait for the invoice and is that when the 7 days start. If we can "wire" money, what is the info for that.

Ed Z

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 470 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-ordered-mmr-post-here/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.