Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Well, the Pharaoh is still cursed. I changed the battery holder and reinstalled the board and now the board is locked, led's stay lit, indicator at 0.

Mind you, when it had a bad battery hookup it just wouldn't come out of audit mode. Now nothing even shows on the score read outs.

Any thoughts?

So.. Who offers the best board repair at a reasonable price where I won't have to wait six months? I know a repair is cheaper than a replacement typically.

Thank you all for the feedback.

#2 8 years ago

Start with Chris Hibler - he posts here and is real good.

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

Try Barakandl on here. If he's taking work at this point, he's a good inexpensive option.

#4 8 years ago

Barakandl helped me out when I was banging my head against the wall with my Strange Science. Quick and inexpensive!

#5 8 years ago

Johnwartjr here on Pinside is real good with Williams system 7 boards. Send him a PM

#6 8 years ago

Clive at coin op cauldron does good work . I have not done comparative pricing though . Shane

#7 8 years ago

Andrew = barakandl = da best. I have his bullet proof sdb rebuilds in all my bally/stern machines.
He's very meticulous and pretty quick.

My go to guy every time.

Edit: Also very reasonably priced.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have used Chris 3 times. Great communication, fast return. Can't go wrong with him

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any idea what his pinside name is or how to contact him?

#11 8 years ago

Ah.. I put a space in there. Thank you.

#13 8 years ago

Chris Hibler has done a bunch of my boards. He's very good at this stuff & is a super nice guy.

#14 8 years ago

The MPU and driver is out of the machine.

Easy question.

While they are being repaired, will it hurt anything if I turn the machine on? If it won't hurt it, what will it do? I just want to change out the light bulbs etc.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Lights won't work

The GI will turn on.

Nothing bad will happen if you power up the game with no MPU or Driver board installed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 52.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-offers-the-best-mpu-board-repairs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.