(Topic ID: 70893)

Who needs a truck when a car will suffice?

By PoMC

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PoMC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 3.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    image-496.jpg
    image-143.jpg
    image-14.jpg
    image-362.jpg
    image-155.jpg
    image-684.jpg
    image-264.jpg
    image-677.jpg
    image-129.jpg
    image-792.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Always owned a pickup truck until 2010 when I sold my Silverado due to high gas prices and the fact I didn't haul anything as much as I used to. Wasn't back in the pin hobby again yet. So bought a Hyundai Elanta wagon, installed a hitch so I could carry bikes on the hitch carrier and bought a roof cargo carrier and it served our purpose.

Then I found a small, folding utility trailer on CL for $200 and bought that for when I found something on CL like a yard tractor or just general hauling needs.

First pic shows Party Animal strapped in the back because I went straight from the train station after work to pick it up and didn't feel like going home to hitch up the trailer.

Highly recommend if you have a car to install a hitch and get one of these space saving trailers. I used to keep my folded up against the garage wall. But now I keep it unfolded and ready to go in my shed. So I can just back up to the shed, hitch it up and get going to the river or for a pin deal.

image-792.jpgimage-792.jpg
    image-129.jpgimage-129.jpg
    image-677.jpgimage-677.jpg
    image-264.jpgimage-264.jpg
    image-155.jpgimage-155.jpg
    image-684.jpgimage-684.jpg
    image-362.jpgimage-362.jpg
    image-14.jpgimage-14.jpg
    image-143.jpgimage-143.jpg

Need a trailer for when a friend comes over and wants to do some West Virginia road kayaking!
    image-496.jpgimage-496.jpg

#2 10 years ago

The glass is half full man. Awesome!

#3 10 years ago

Nice...what brand is your trailer?

#4 10 years ago

The trailer can be purchased from Harbor Freight, but you need to fully assemble it. Luckily I bought mine locally fully assembled and just had to put plywood decking on it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb-capacity-48-inch-x-96-inch-heavy-duty-foldable-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

#5 10 years ago

Car has some pinball haulin' miles on it for sure

#6 10 years ago

I also sold my truck the first time gas hit $4 a gallon. After researching inside space, I bought a PT Cruiser. Before you laugh, the rear seats come out. I can slide a machine in completely (head down) along with a 2-wheeled cart and close the back with room to spare.

#7 10 years ago

I absolutely love my Pontiac Vibe (same as a Toyota Matrix) and haul everything in it... except pins. We found the corners of the back opening are 1" too rounded to fit a DMD pin. If I knew how to behead one I could probably make it work, but for now we just borrow my dad's truck or Explorer. Requirement for next car: must be able to haul a pin.

#8 10 years ago

My Elantra's rear opening is about 1/2" too small for pins to slide in all the way...as see in the first pic. Although was able to ratchet strap it in tight and secure. But my EM pin was able to slide in fully and close the door.

#9 10 years ago

Here's a demo man in my swagger wagon.. I love it!

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG
    #10 10 years ago

i have a guy that buys from me that picks one up at a time in his Prius.

#11 10 years ago

I wondered if that harbor freight folding trailer was any good. If I get a hitch installed it would allow me to pickup pins with my vehicle instead of having to borrow the wife's.

#12 10 years ago

My 2 door Pontiac gt would never fit a pin wonder about trailer really don't need it have trucks at my disposal. Neat small trailer though I have a full sized closed cargo trailer.

#13 10 years ago

This had never occurred to me. Thanks for posting! Now time to go get a hitch on my Civic. Can you fit two pins on that thing?

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

This had never occurred to me. Thanks for posting! Now time to go get a hitch on my Civic. Can you fit two pins on that thing?

Yup, could fit two pins no problem. Just a matter of how heavy a load your car can tow I suppose.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-truck-when-a-car-will-suffice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.