20180416_201854[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_201745[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_182609[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_182955[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_184113[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20180215_201309 (resized).jpg
stlink (resized).jpg
6830aa19762c2835ceb09d63ed5facc6a6a3e09d (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 6 years ago

Those sonic scenes are legit!

2 weeks later
#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Those scenes look amazing! Will you be doing Frankenstein as well?

In case it isnt already known I did the colorizations for Baywatch, took about 45 hours total. Rappelbox supplied the recordings, lucky1 is bug testing and checking keyframes right now. Rappelbox also has the link to the files and its at his discretion to release them publicly. I believe he said he planned to release them publicly after everything was confirmed working. We also came to the agreement that I could still receive donations for the work.

Capture3.JPGCapture3.JPG

Capture4.JPGCapture4.JPG

Capture2.JPGCapture2.JPG

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Capture5.JPGCapture5.JPG

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Maybe it's just the way they've been grabbed, but is there a reason why the colour palette looks so desaturated for Baywatch (compared to your T2 or SF2 for example)?

Its the scaling of the pixels in the editor, usually i export frames but it was faster and easier to just screen grab.
I exported some animated GIFs below, I hope they show the colors better. I spend *WAY TOO MUCH* time choosing colors; I try to always keep them bright and contrasting enough to pop.
lucky1 posted a video a few posts up that shows the recoloring on actual hardware.

SonicSurf.gifSonicSurf.gif
intro.gifintro.gif
spellguard.gifspellguard.gif
LifeGuards.gifLifeGuards.gif

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Looks fantastic, but I see a couple of small errors. Sonic's arms and gloves aren't a consistent color, and there are a few orange pixels outside of the first B on the right side of the letter.
Also, sorry if I missed a response to this but will you be doing Frankenstein soon?

His arms and gloves weren't even recolored they were just palette changed. I'll take a look at the source files and see what I can do to fix that and the B

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Looks fantastic, but I see a couple of small errors. Sonic's arms and gloves aren't a consistent color, and there are a few orange pixels outside of the first B on the right side of the letter.
Also, sorry if I missed a response to this but will you be doing Frankenstein soon?

I dont have a recording of frankenstein but its an option for me to color once Im done what Im working on now.
So RE:Sonics arms -
His arms and gloves are based on a palette change and I dont have any more colors left to mask off the gloves or arms in grey, unless I make the surfboard blue or red, considering the scene and how unimportant it is (attract mode vs game play scene) I decided to leave it as is. When the files are released to the public feel free to make any changes you like.
sonicsurf.PNGsonicsurf.PNG
The 3rd color in each set matches up with sonic's belly and glove shading. I could do this frame as a redraw which would give me more flexibilityand if Rappel or Lucky want it done that way I can. The other thing I could do would be to make the surfboard grey.

RE: Baywatch extra colored pixels-
Thanks! I didnt see this when I was working on it so the sequence has been fixed and uploaded to lucky & rappel
Intro.PNGIntro.PNG
(single frame capture)

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

malenko I can send you my redraw of the surfing sonic

You can just redraw it if you want on my files :p
It would only take a second but I was trying to do the WHOLE game with just masks

7 months later
#313 6 years ago
Quoted from grandDD:

even a small question,
is there a file already colorized pin2dmd-xl for the pinball baywatch?

yes,
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-baywatch

#315 6 years ago

yes, and the registration key file. Lucky1 can give you more details if you need them.

7 months later
#335 5 years ago
Quoted from nworker:

It seems like such a great product. It really fills a need for large DMD game owners. I hope they get their business straightened out.
I have been waiting for mine since September and here we are at the end of November.

Pffffft I got have an order from March 5th that wasn't completely filled , and an order from August 8th that still isn't here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider malenko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement?tu=malenko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.