20180416_201854[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_201745[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_182609[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_182955[1] (resized).jpg
20180416_184113[1] (resized).jpg
IMG_20180215_201309 (resized).jpg
stlink (resized).jpg
6830aa19762c2835ceb09d63ed5facc6a6a3e09d (resized).jpg
There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
#151 7 years ago

Please put me on your list for a color Maverick board. I want to replace the old dmd one.

Thanks.

Mark

#152 7 years ago

Added

To save some bucks you could collaborate with friends... since I only charge shipping only once per order and it won't increase on number of sets.

Plus, for those who like to tinker themselves: you can get the controller board separately!!!

Regards,
Dom

#153 7 years ago

How much are they? I have a Batman forever wondering how much it would be for the colored dot matrix for it ?

#154 7 years ago

Controller separately 80 EUR/ 85 USD
Complete set 369 EUR / 399 USD
Rgb.pin.dmd 128x32 (pin2dmd-compatible) 200,- USD

Large displays ship on 40,- usd per order(!)
Single parts and small displays are 20,- usd, also per order(!)

#155 7 years ago

I ordered one the other day for my Stargate, I will post an update to this thread on progress with it.. Once I receive it

#156 7 years ago

Important notice for customers from outside europe

You can order very convenient through pinside shops.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom/00236-rgbpindmd-xl-sega-color-dmd

People from europe can still order trough my online shop:
https://germangamingsupplies.com/Home

Kind regards,
Dom

2 weeks later
#157 6 years ago

Controllers arrived and are working!
DMD Panels are on the plane!
All other parts are prepared!

first sets are going to be shipped this week

Pictures below show what's included in your packages.
I only did not photgraph cables, I find them pretty "unsexy"

PIN2DMD-XL_4 (resized).jpgPIN2DMD-XL_4 (resized).jpg
PIN2DMD-XL_2 (resized).jpgPIN2DMD-XL_2 (resized).jpg
PIN2DMD-XL_5 (resized).jpgPIN2DMD-XL_5 (resized).jpg

#158 6 years ago

Do you subtract VAT for those online prices if exporting? Was there going to be a US distributor? Is there now?

#159 6 years ago

Was there a preorder list for these or can I purchase one now with Paypal?
Please advise.
Thanks

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Do you subtract VAT for those online prices if exporting? Was there going to be a US distributor? Is there now?

Sorry, no for both cases.
Since a big competitor tries to kick us off the market I don't want to risk my possible distributors being sued and caused legal troubles even if if the're unfounded!

Quoted from Elevatorman:

Was there a preorder list for these or can I purchase one now with Paypal?
Please advise.
Thanks

You can order simply by shopping from my Pinside shop
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1020-germangamingsuppliescom

Greetings,
Dom

#161 6 years ago

Got mine today, ill make a video for folks to see it, but, the key does not work, can't get the thing unlocked and yes I renamed the file, any ideas let me know .

#162 6 years ago

Did you check for typos?

On some pc systems file extensions get hidden and if you rename it you probably get a file that is named pin2dmd.key.key instead of the correct pin2dmd.key

Does the key still get displayed after around 30 seconds?
If yes, then the key really doesnt work. If no, something other may be wrong, maybe on input side or configuration.

#163 6 years ago

Did he get a XL ? He was talking about a Tyche in his donation which is a normal sized DMD

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Did he get a XL ? He was talking about a Tyche in his donation which is a normal sized DMD

Normal size display 128x32

#165 6 years ago

First off, I was able to finally get the game unlocked, I worked wth Lucky1 and he was great.. this display looks awesome, kudos to GGS and Rappelbox.
------------
Yes I have a GTB Sys 3 Stargate, I want to color the pallette for the whole game another four colors, still cant figure out if I can do that with minmal effort or If I need to go frame by frame. I installed the editor, hell, I think I read that I have to capture the data first?
-----------
I am making a video, simple to understand for folks on the fence about it. Ill post to youtube soon...

#166 6 years ago

Made a video, hope it helps others make sense of the product.. good stuff Dom..

#167 6 years ago

Thanks for the video Zen.
Mine is on order for Baywatch and will hopefully heading my way soon.

#168 6 years ago

I had to drill complete new holes for all frames since the factory decided to send me "better frames".

Indeed, they are better but don't fit the holes
I took some time but now i start shipping

#170 6 years ago

Good news that they are shipping soon thanks

1 week later
#171 6 years ago

Any word on when these are shipping out or did mine ship out?

#172 6 years ago

I was told a mine just had to be packed and would be shipped last Monday or Tuesday....I messaged Dom Wednesday..I'm still waiting for his response.

It's been over 40 days for me since I paid.

Hopefully we can get a firm shipping date...I miss my MSF

#173 6 years ago

Next batch is shipping out tomorrow
Please stay patient
Kazowi you SHOULD have received a shipping notification!!!

1 week later
#174 6 years ago

I'm curious if my Baywatch shipped with this last batch 13 days ago?
I'm assuming not since I never got shipping notification.

1 month later
#175 6 years ago

I received the my dmd about a week after a shipping update,pretty quick from Europe to Missouri.
The color dmd is a great product.
Thanks German Gaming!

1 week later
#176 6 years ago

Just started production of another batch!

This time there will be sufficient quantity

1 month later
#177 6 years ago

Still haven't received my RGB.PIN.DMD-XL for Mary Shelley's Frankenstein that I ordered on April 26, 2017. Also haven't been able to get a response from Rappelbox about it.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Still haven't received my RGB.PIN.DMD-XL for Mary Shelley's Frankenstein that I ordered on April 26, 2017. Also haven't been able to get a response from Rappelbox about it.

I've had some problems contacting him too - I know he was in the hospital not too long ago, so let's hope it wasn't a serious issue. They used to update their inventory in their shop with the exact quantity available, but it has stated "almost out of stock" for quite some time - not exactly sure what that means, but I suspect it means they are taking orders and will ship whenever the new batch is complete. I have been waiting for him to announce completion of that latest batch he started 35 days ago.

1 week later
#179 6 years ago

Just two songs came to my mind
Ooops I did it again and With a little help of my friends

#180 6 years ago

Those sonic scenes are legit!

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Those sonic scenes are legit!

Even you couldn´t have done them better

#182 6 years ago

Got a shipping notice!

Frank_DMD_Shipping (resized).jpgFrank_DMD_Shipping (resized).jpg

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Just started production of another batch!

This time there will be sufficient quantity

Hey @rappelbox, how's the production coming along?

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from crunchysue:

Quoted from crunchysue:

For your container pin? How is it otherwise?

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Hey rappelbox, how's the production coming along?

Actually I'm assembling. The first sets ship by Monday.

Another little teaser and what is possible only with pin2dmd-Xl!

IMG_1767 (resized).JPGIMG_1767 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#186 6 years ago

Assembled yesterday, next sets ship today!

And some pics what is possible in the near future with these sets.
Once the color files are released, every pin2dmd-xl owner can download these and load onto their displays.

IMG_1913 (resized).JPGIMG_1913 (resized).JPG

IMG_1833 (resized).PNGIMG_1833 (resized).PNG

IMG_1839 (resized).PNGIMG_1839 (resized).PNG

IMG_1841 (resized).PNGIMG_1841 (resized).PNG

IMG_1851 (resized).PNGIMG_1851 (resized).PNG

IMG_1863 (resized).PNGIMG_1863 (resized).PNG

IMG_1864 (resized).PNGIMG_1864 (resized).PNG

IMG_1893 (resized).PNGIMG_1893 (resized).PNG

IMG_1895 (resized).PNGIMG_1895 (resized).PNG

#187 6 years ago

Man, that looks great. Would love to get one for my Maverick. It would go nicely with the color dmd on my JP, but $500 usd is a hard pill to swallow.
Thanks for making these available, though, nice work.

#189 6 years ago

Those scenes look amazing! Will you be doing Frankenstein as well?

#190 6 years ago

Wow....nice colors. I can tell that this is going to be a very good alternative to the LCD.

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The colorizations are done by different pin2dmd users. I´m sure someone will take care of Frankenstein too.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

In case it isnt already known I did the colorizations for Baywatch, took about 45 hours total. Rappelbox supplied the recordings, lucky1 is bug testing and checking keyframes right now. Rappelbox also has the link to the files and its at his discretion to release them publicly. I believe he said he planned to release them publicly after everything was confirmed working. We also came to the agreement that I could still receive donations for the work.

Capture3.JPGCapture3.JPG

Capture4.JPGCapture4.JPG

Capture2.JPGCapture2.JPG

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

Capture5.JPGCapture5.JPG

#193 6 years ago

Maybe it's just the way they've been grabbed, but is there a reason why the colour palette looks so desaturated for Baywatch (compared to your T2 or SF2 for example)?

#194 6 years ago

@rubberducks: the pictures are generated differently
The result will for sure blow you away!
I have never seen such a talented and fast artist (@Malenko) and trust me, if the colors don't fit he wouldn't have used them.
Above claim is also correct:they will be available after testing and confirming they work.
Details will be revealed when it's time to do so.

@crash:
I constantly try to get all needed files to make colorizations for as many games available as possible.
This is by the way done with the help of a lot of known and anonymous contributors. Without their help, there would be no pin2dmd-(xl), no colorizations etc.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Maybe it's just the way they've been grabbed, but is there a reason why the colour palette looks so desaturated for Baywatch (compared to your T2 or SF2 for example)?

Its the scaling of the pixels in the editor, usually i export frames but it was faster and easier to just screen grab.
I exported some animated GIFs below, I hope they show the colors better. I spend *WAY TOO MUCH* time choosing colors; I try to always keep them bright and contrasting enough to pop.
lucky1 posted a video a few posts up that shows the recoloring on actual hardware.

SonicSurf.gifSonicSurf.gif
intro.gifintro.gif
spellguard.gifspellguard.gif
LifeGuards.gifLifeGuards.gif

#196 6 years ago

That looks WAY better.

I thought it was probably a grabbing issue, but didn't know if there was perhaps some issue pertaining to the different SEGA displays.

#197 6 years ago

Looks fantastic, but I see a couple of small errors. Sonic's arms and gloves aren't a consistent color, and there are a few orange pixels outside of the first B on the right side of the letter.

Also, sorry if I missed a response to this but will you be doing Frankenstein soon?

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Looks fantastic, but I see a couple of small errors. Sonic's arms and gloves aren't a consistent color, and there are a few orange pixels outside of the first B on the right side of the letter.
Also, sorry if I missed a response to this but will you be doing Frankenstein soon?

The good thing is, if you find an error or don´t like it you can change it yourself using the editor.
So far no volunteers for Frankenstein I know of.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

His arms and gloves weren't even recolored they were just palette changed. I'll take a look at the source files and see what I can do to fix that and the B

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Right ! To test the Sega DMD Controller is working correctly, you can also connect a 128x32 DMD.
I used a Stern Display for this test on my machine. You should see a part of the normal animations.

I did this test today and here is what I have. Looks like an issue with the PIN2DMD adapter board.

IMG_1342 (resized).JPGIMG_1342 (resized).JPG
IMG_1340 (resized).JPGIMG_1340 (resized).JPG

IMG_1341 (resized).JPGIMG_1341 (resized).JPG

There are 338 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement/page/4?hl=crunchysue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.