View topic image gallery

KsandQspf (resized).jpg
20180912_130645_resized_1 (resized).jpg
20180912_130533_resized (resized).jpg
20180912_121801_resized_1 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
20180908_150019_resized_1 (resized).jpg
20180908_203448_resized_1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superdaveosbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Thought the minimum # was in the 20 or so. Yes indeed it is an amazing reproduction, and with 3 or more in the queue and likely that way for a 1.5 years, its going to be a while to get another run of this title. BTW, you going to loan or sell that insert tool for ball drain archway? I'll assume it can be used to effectively without damaging, pull it as well.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

i will loan out the tool. yea its great for removal too.

Now that is the pinball EM world I know and love!

#16 5 years ago

K&Q is a sub-great game as we know due to art and movie. Game play is not all that, but fun to watch for sure with 4 in-line kickers. Assuming about 10% survived (from what I have seen over the years) and in homes in the US. That makes for about 287 examples that are out there in homes. 2% of the US population is in the DFW area. That means to me there is about 6 units of this title in your area. So look around, and put some CL ads out and you will find nearly 1/2 of the need right in your 'hood. With 28 million people in TX alone, that means you have about 10% of the population of the US is in TX, which bumps the number in your state to an estimated 5 times, or about 30 units of that title in TX. Wow, that is WAY beyond what is required for production to make sense. Its called networking, now get a restoration bug up your butt and move along with connecting to the world about your obsessions.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

super. Im in for 3-4, Weeze 1, Steve at PBR said he'd take a handful if the price was right

Not sure what a handful is, yet I'll guess around 5. With the run already done, and only a few more needed by some select folks this means to me maybe 10-15 are going to be ordered. That puts it a minimum, or highly unlikely. I'm confident WK does not want to have trade bait around unless there is a ROI of 100-200% per unit produced after folks bail out (which seems to be the MO on about 1/3 or 33% of those ordered.) My take, get folks to pony up 100% and walk the talk, and talk the walk. Otherwise, it is unlikely to be justified.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Understood. Was going to collect $400 up front to qualify a buyer

That is about 50% of the price, as I understand its $700 or so now per PF. I would require that as non refundable, no matter. That way folks actually make a commitment and see it to the end, and not stick the artist with buyer's remorse or other excuses like 'I sold it', 'I changed my mind', 'Was too slow in making it', etc. However, and I don't blame him for wanting to do this if he chooses, WK should be the marketer, not the maker only. He deserves the profit for the efforts (which are HUGE) to make this possible regardless of his already running it or not. There are also license considerations and costs involved he should not suffer from when doing this work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superdaveosbourn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-kings-amp-queens-pf?tu=superdaveosbourn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.