Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by SDFworker
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

316368.jpg
    00x0x_aRwUhGBeEGC_600x450.jpg
    pinball_lot.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I am 600 miles east of him and emailed last night with a $50+ dollar per machine offer and he said he would never consider selling them that cheap.

Suggestion: Email him again. Include a link to this thread. Then see what his reply is.

Sometimes folks simply don't know the true value of what they have. If you were the seller, would you sit there clamouring for a delusional $12,000 after reading this thread? How could you?

There is fantasy, and there is reality. I'm assuming he'd rather them sold and gone, with some money in his pocket and his space back. Waiting for $12,000 - even $5000 - is going to mean they're simply not going anywhere. Which I think, if the guy knew, he might wake up. If it's all-for-not, why bother even having the listing up, thinking a buyer is going to close a sale. It's not. Going. To. Happen.

This bulk lot is going to require a very specific buyer, who IS going to know their actual value, and IS going to have to be capable of transport outta there. This isn't catfishing a single buyer on one overpriced machine (which IS possible for some sellers, selling to newbies or the uninformed).

The "uninformed" won't be going near this place. It's not that kind of offering.

Therefore, this guy's only hope of a customer is an actual seasoned pinball enthusiast - meaning the sale will only happen at or below ACTUAL VALUE. $12,000 ain't it. If the guy wants to sell, he's going to have to come back down from space, or he's just wasting his time waiting for a closure that will never happen.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

i though the owner was already a pinsider and watching?

Nope. That speculation was already retracted a few posts further up. (Post #47)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KevinCPR.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-80-parts-machines?tu=KevinCPR and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.