(Topic ID: 145979)

Who makes this new Gottlieb power supply board?

By Pinballmike217

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

New Power Supply Installed (resized).JPG
    8 Ball New Power Supp. 1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 8 years ago

IDK the exact answer, but the same seller also offers a similar looking power supply for sys80B which says "Gulf Pinball" on it. Maybe message the seller and ask? I have no personal experience with Rottendog products but can say I have not heard 100% positive feedback on them when researching. In my sys80B, I have a Ni-Wumpf driver (purchased directly) and a Swemmer MPU (purchased through ksarcade.net).

I've been thinking about replacing my power supply board, not that my original one is busted, I just feel maybe "better safe than sorry". K's Arcade offers one (for sys80B) which looks almost identical to the one this eBay seller offers, the only differences are price ($25 less on eBay), and the one on eBay has LED's to confirm 12v and 5v currents. Though, having bought from K's before, I'd almost say the $ is worth the customer support, great company to deal with.

#4 8 years ago

I am curious too. Please post what you find!

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from G-P-E:

Looks like a cheaped down version of mine.

Do you have plans to produce one for Gott Sys 80B?

Curious what about the one in question is "cheaped down" from yours. I can tell from photos yours appears to have more components on it, but I am just not in the know and really would like to know. Higher quality components or just more features? It looks like the one on eBay does not have the adjustable 5v / 12v trim that yours appears to have.

#7 8 years ago

www.greatplainselectronics.com if you don't know G-P-E, Pinballmike217. Excellent supplier of components and more.

1 month later
    #16 8 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up. The seller has the 80b board up for sale again and I'm thinking on picking one up. I don't think my original board is bad, all voltages read correctly both idle and under load. The reason I want to replace it is because I am planning a retheme for my machine and if I am to invest the time/resources to make the machine look new, I want to know its functionality will be dependable.

I appreciate the new board having LED indicators for +5v and +12v, my only hold up is the lack of the potentiometer for adjusting output voltage.

Anyone have any advice on if this is a truly necessary/crucial component to have? I'd want to believe if the board is new, its +5v output would be dependable and true. When I acquired my machine, the PS was outputting almost +7v. Maybe this was because it had the pot in the first place(?).

#17 8 years ago

bump

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr2xbass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-this-new-gottlieb-power-supply-board?tu=mr2xbass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.