Who makes the best T2 HK ship mod?

By Cheeks

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

There is a guy on eBay (Judge Dredd) who makes this as well as Pinbits. Most people have had very positive things to say about JD's other mods, but Pinbits tends to have decent quality stuff as well. Price aside, which of these Hunter Killer ship mods is better?

#2 10 years ago

I went with the JD type, if you email JD direct he will tell you the differences, you will always buy more than one item off him that's for sure, top Bloke

#3 10 years ago

+1 just bought the HK and the T2 red led eye kit off him. Quality kits.

#4 10 years ago

JD costs soo much and I dont see any real upside. The pinbits one still blinks and has little animated lgiht sequences when you hit the ship targets.

#5 10 years ago

yes agree, pinbits is a good cheaper option, if there is a choice I'd like to get the better one even at a higher price IMO
good luck OP,

Quote from JD below,

Hi there, thanks for the question, pinbits has 3 leds, which iteract with the game, this unit has 14 leds, that interact with the game, 10 scan from front to back in sequence creating an awesome effect and the 4 red light up when the ship is hit, this is a lot more complex than the Pinbits version and creates a more interesting effect.

Cheers Andy

- judge-dreads-pinball

#6 10 years ago

You cannot go wrong with either. I have a lot of PB and JD stuff on my TZ. I went with the JD mod for my T2 even though it costs more... mainly for the added effects. Andy is a great guy. So is Martin.

#7 10 years ago

True, but Andy has always done right by me and ships fast...

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

and the 4 red light up when the ship is hit,

Actually, the way he wires it via a twist in socket, you can make the 4 red flash on anything. Mine I have set to the 'Extra ball' lamp on the left ramp.

1 year later
#9 9 years ago

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I wanted to see if I could get a few more opinions on the different mods. I am leaning towards the pinbits mod, as it is now back in stock. Is Andy's mod too bright and distracting compared to the pinbits?

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

I am leaning towards the pinbits mod, as it is now back in stock. Is Andy's mod too bright and distracting compared to the pinbits?

Not too bright or too distracting... just right IMO. Here are a few pics and vids I uploaded of the H/K in action.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adriandmd/

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for the video. Does anyone have video of the pinbits version? Also, is there a difference between the red and blue tail version? The price and description are different.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Thanks for the video. Does anyone have video of the pinbits version? Also, is there a difference between the red and blue tail version? The price and description are different.

Here is a vid that Martin (pinbits) posted of his h/k mod. The second vid is in game action posted by someone else.

#13 9 years ago

Hmm I found a few other videos of the pinbits mod and during game play the ship is quite boring. I am going to suck it up and buy Andy's mod instead.

#14 9 years ago

Our mod is deliberately designed not to be distracting during game play. We make all our electronic mods that way, so that they give information to the player.

It will run a light sequence when the flasher goes, then return to steady state. Lets you see with a glance that you made the shot.

Unless you can't run the target bank, in which case it will start up a light show.

During idle time, it runs different sequences.

2 weeks later
#15 9 years ago

I installed my HK ship mod from Andy and I found that the red leds are very dim in comparison to the blue ones. Has anyone else had this problem. I can't even notice the red leds unless you are looking underneath. I thought perhaps it would be related to the fact that I am running regular bulbs in the extra ball socket that it is powered from, but even when the bulb was removed the situation didn't improve.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from PamPinbits:

Our mod is deliberately designed not to be distracting during game play. We make all our electronic mods that way, so that they give information to the player.
It will run a light sequence when the flasher goes, then return to steady state. Lets you see with a glance that you made the shot.
Unless you can't run the target bank, in which case it will start up a light show.
During idle time, it runs different sequences.

And this is Exactly why I want to get this mod. I want it to flash only when you hit the target and still make light sequence when idle. I saw the video and it is enough for me to pull the trigger and get one.

The only reason I haven't bought it yet, is because I need the ship itself since mine is broke. But, none in stock yet... I want to buy both in one shot. Do you know when you will be getting more in??

#17 9 years ago

I think I may have received a defective ship from Andy. My red leds were not visible from the top and could barely be seen on the bottom. Andy is attempting to fix things, but I did not want to wait for the shipping across the ocean. I installed four new bulbs 1.7v 2800 mcd and they function much better. I can now tell when the ship was hit. Has anyone else had this problem?

#18 9 years ago

Andy is a stand up guy...I bought his first JD crane mod.

#19 9 years ago

I found videos of both HK mods. I prefer the pinbits version of the mod but both are extremely nice. I like that the Pinbits version seems more realistic with the way the engines fire and I also like that it seems a bit less distracting during gameplay.

That said both are quite nice and you could not go wrong with either but for me it's the pinbits version.

#20 9 years ago

I like the Pinbits version

3 weeks later
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I like the Pinbits version

As do I, and I own it. Its priced nicely and it does some neat stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 40.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-the-best-t2-hk-ship-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.