(Topic ID: 186018)

who makes the best looking Repro Score Displays?

By Lovef2k

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hawknole
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2952 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2950 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2949 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I have Pinscores in my F2K. The match/ball display doesn't line up well with the backglass window. When the game is off, the displays show a lot off white area in the background and the digit segments are very noticeable. I'm trying to find a better alternative.

#2 7 years ago

I have an x-pin display on my FH. Came with tinted filters that I applied to the score windows. https://xpinpinball.com/product/xpin-vinyl-7/
    Looks pretty much stock to me now. Pinscore is very similar to x-pin so if you can get the filters, it would be worth a try (not sure what color to choose for your game though).
    My display was also adjustable (elongated screw holes on the display) to allow for individual differences in screw placement between machines. Just takes a couple of adjustments to get it spot on.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

I have an x-pin display on my FH. Came with tinted filters that I applied to the score windows. https://xpinpinball.com/product/xpin-vinyl-7/
    Looks pretty much stock to me now. Pinscore is very similar to x-pin so if you can get the filters, it would be worth a try (not sure what color to choose for your game though).
    My display was also adjustable (elongated screw holes on the display) to allow for individual differences in screw placement between machines. Just takes a couple of adjustments to get it spot on.

There's no adjustment on mine. I will look for the filters. I'm using the standard amber color.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

There's no adjustment on mine. I will look for the filters. I'm using the standard amber color.

If you have some good drill bits, you could fashion it up yourself I guess?

#5 7 years ago

I could move the display brackets up or down by drilling new holes but the problem is the side to side alignment of the 6 digit match/score display. I'll post a pic later...

1 month later
    #6 6 years ago

I have the Rottendog display on my Black Knight and it doesn't line up with the backglass. If xpins positions are adjustable then I would consider buying an xpin set and selling my Rottendog ones. Any input is appreciated.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawknole:

I have the Rottendog display on my Black Knight and it doesn't line up with the backglass. If xpins positions are adjustable then I would consider buying an xpin set and selling my Rottendog ones. Any input is appreciated.

You don't move the displays, you adjust the light board. I have the rottendogs on my Williams and they line up perfect after you tweak the board by moving the washers and adjusting the tilt with the elongated screw holes on the board.

IMG_2949 (resized).JPGIMG_2949 (resized).JPG

IMG_2950 (resized).JPGIMG_2950 (resized).JPG

IMG_2952 (resized).JPGIMG_2952 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

You don't move the displays, you adjust the light board. I have the rottendogs on my Williams and they line up perfect after you tweak the board by moving the washers and adjusting the tilt with the elongated screw holes on the board.

Thanks Travish! Recently installed the Rottendog displays and since they provide no instruction or guidance I knew there had to be some way. So apparently I have to widdle the crap out of my display door to make them work...... Note to self, while the Xpin cost a bit more the features and fit are Worth the extra few bucks. Time to get my dremel and sawzall out to align these Rotten displays. Umph.

#10 6 years ago

Speaking of instruction, any chance you could explain Where those diplay stickers Rottendog provides go?? Please don't say they are stuck to the new backglass........ I already cringed buying this new BK art piece. Thanks for any advise.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Speaking of instruction, any chance you could explain Where those diplay stickers Rottendog provides go?? Please don't say they are stuck to the new backglass........ I already cringed buying this new BK art piece. Thanks for any advise.

The stickers go right on top of the displays

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Thanks Travish, that is hugely helpful. I am just finishing up my playfield swap and am now going to the cabinet portion of the project. I considered drilling new holes, getting new boards, adjusting the door is a much better option.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks Travish! Recently installed the Rottendog displays and since they provide no instruction or guidance I knew there had to be some way. So apparently I have to widdle the crap out of my display door to make them work...... Note to self, while the Xpin cost a bit more the features and fit are Worth the extra few bucks. Time to get my dremel and sawzall out to align these Rotten displays. Umph.

Agreed, lesson learned

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawknole:

Thanks Travish, that is hugely helpful. I am just finishing up my playfield swap and am now going to the cabinet portion of the project. I considered drilling new holes, getting new boards, adjusting the door is a much better option.

Sounds like we did the same thing. I have a cpr playfield, rottendog displays and boards and Mayfair backglass. One of my "every screw" projects.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

Sounds like we did the same thing. I have a cpr playfield, rottendog displays and boards and Mayfair backglass. One of my "every screw" projects.

Yep, sounds that way. I added a few custom decals. My drop targets are the Knight's face close up from my original back glass. I just got done doing a dual sword decal on my shooter plate. The top right ball gate got a black & yellow bird like the green bird in the upper playfield. The coin entry plastics are now a knight in the middle and yellow razorbacks on each side. Fun stuff.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-the-best-looking-repro-score-displays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.