70 days ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by cp1610
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 70 days ago

Not looking for sellers of shakers, I would like to know who actually manufactures them. I need a bracket, weights and cover for a road show I’m working on. Stern brackets don’t work, but those for Cgc shakers do. Pps can’t help me, already contacted them, Cgc, pinballife and Marco, no luck. Thought I’d try to get to the source if possible.

#2 70 days ago

Have you try Homepin? ........ Thunderbird Pinball Manufacture
    His name is Mike

#4 69 days ago

How many other Williams games used these shaker motors anyway?

#5 69 days ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Only a few from the factory. However Pinbits did make a shaker motor kit for the W/B games that ran off the flashers. I've been trying to buy one for over 10 years now but they don't make them any longer. Sure wish someone else would make their own version that was triggered by the flashers.

#6 69 days ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Earthshaker? Same part?

#8 69 days ago

How hard would it be for someone to make a newer shaker motor compatible with a WPC game?

#9 69 days ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

How hard would it be for someone to make a newer shaker motor compatible with a WPC game?

See my above post. Pinbits did make one but they don't produce them any longer. Someone else need to make this.
    https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=389&zenid=0c7cf9ed82ced29467be5e89eb6ff9eb

#10 69 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

See my above post. Pinbits did make one but they don't produce them any longer. Someone else need to make this.
    https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_11&products_id=389&zenid=0c7cf9ed82ced29467be5e89eb6ff9eb

I saw those, and noticed no one has them in stock anymore. I’m sure the market is there. I’m just curious why no one has bothered producing them.

#11 69 days ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Hhaase is making the board. Marco has the motor, just need the bracket, weights and cover. A Cgc shaker bracket should work, just need to source it. The wiring is easy.

#12 69 days ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

I saw those, and noticed no one has them in stock anymore. I’m sure the market is there. I’m just curious why no one has bothered producing them.

From what I heard was Pinbits makes them by hand and only make a few at a time. I've been wanting several of these for 10 years and have never seen them available. They also worked with early Stern DMD pins. I've emailed Pinbits numerous times with not even a single response. I would take 3 right now. And more later if they produced them again.

#13 69 days ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Hhaase is making the board. Marco has the motor, just need the bracket, weights and cover. A Cgc shaker bracket should work, just need to source it. The wiring is easy.

Is it triggered by the flashers or by a switch? Interested.

#14 69 days ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It looks like the boards may be available next month (if I’m looking at the right thing)

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=80&controller=product&id_lang=1

#15 69 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Is it triggered by the flashers or by a switch? Interested.

In RS it’s triggered during certain modes, like when mb starts. The industry is not interested in helping with this, unfortunately. We as a community need to try to get it done. Pinbits sold their setup for $249, it can be done for about that amount thanks to HHAASE.

Hhaase (siegecraft) indicated his board will be $30. buy the Marco motor (or the one on eBay) for roughly $89 and then buy a Cgc shaker for about $100. That’s like $220. Take the motor out of the Cgc shaker and put in the Marco motor. You’d still need to do the wiring from the motor to the shaker board and then from the shaker board to the driver board connector. When I get this setup, I’d be willing to make the wiring connections for anyone who wants it at cost, which is like $10 or less shipped. All you’d need to do is solder two wires to the motor. Very simple. Would be cheaper if we could source the bracket, weights and cover, but I haven’t been able to find anyone to help with that.

#16 69 days ago

Yes, my board is a remake of the original Williams board, so it'll be compatible with games that already support a shaker via the original code.
    Not the same as the pinbits motor that triggered off the flashers and added shaker effects in other areas.

I'd look into the motor assembly too, but right now I just don't have the funds for that kind of project.

-Hans

#17 69 days ago

The traditional Stern after market shakers are made in China.
    Can Chris or Melissa be of help?

#18 69 days ago

Have you reached out to Planetary Pinball? IIRC hes got the William's IP ... he would very likely know.

#19 69 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Have you reached out to Planetary Pinball? IIRC hes got the William's IP ... he would very likely know.

Yes, I reached out to PPS, said they could not help with the board or the motor parts and offered no additional info.

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

The traditional Stern after market shakers are made in China.
    Can Chris or Melissa be of help?

I haven’t done that yet, I was planning on doing that.

#20 69 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I would buy a few that ran off the flashers. I also can't believe nobody has made them. There seems to be enough demand

#21 69 days ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I would buy a few that ran off the flashers. I also can't believe nobody has made them. There seems to be enough demand

I think Pinbits made two different ones. Ones that ran off flashers and ones that ran off a switch hit.
    With games like MM, AFM. STTG, Stern POTC These would be great on. And I'm sure there are many other games that a shaker would work nicely with.

1 week later
    #24 57 days ago

My boards are finished and in production. Going to ramp up a bit slow till I get a feel for demand.

They definitely fit Road Show and I believe also Harley Davidson. But NOT
    Earthshaker.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=80&controller=product&id_lang=1

Earthshaker boards have a different layout and pinout. I could do that one too but need a photo of how they are mounted. Need to sort out if I’d want to keep the same heat sink as the later boards or use the original ES style layout.

#25 56 days ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

So I was planning to wait until we were further along to make an announcement but after seeing this thread I feel compelled to do so now.

We have been developing a universal plug and play shaker motor kit for several months. We have done an extensive amount of research and development and have a couple prototype boards we are currently testing. The motor can run off of flashers as well as pop bumpers and will be compatible with just about any machine that have either. Testing has gone very well with all WPC era machines and older Stern SAM systems that were made prior to them including shakers from the factory (POTC for example). We are still trying to get them to work with Williams System 7-11 series as well but we havent gotten the results we are happy with yet. It should also work with Gottlieb, Data East and Capcom generations but have yet to test them. It will also have up to 8 differnet inputs that you can select with an on board dip switch so you can choose to have more than one flasher triggering the motor.

The entire kit is going to be plug and play, no wire splicing or soldering required. The most invasive part will simply be drilling the holes in the bottom of the cabinet to mount the motor. The kit will even use it's own power supply so there will be no need to draw power from the machine's power driver board. We have developed a way to easily tie the separate power supply to the machine's 110vac so that it will turn on/off with the machine so you dont have to unplug it. The power supply will also have addition plugs so you can connect other game mods that take 12vdc like LED strips etc.

Right now we are doing some final testing to make sure we minimize or eliminate any EMI coming from the motor. There is a lot of work involved in a project like this, it is not simply just a circuit board with a few transistors and capacitors. There is even an extensive amount of computer coding involved in a microcontroller. We want to make sure the kit is completely safe to install, after all they will be in all of the machines in our own collection and we know how expensive it is to replace a pinball power board or MPU! There will also be a thumb screw adjustment where you can adjust the motor speed by hand in the 25%-100% range so you can get the perfect amount of desired shake.

Look for more announcements in the next few weeks along with photos/video. We will be finalizing the price point but it is looking like it will be in the $175-$225 range for the entire kit which includes the motor, motor bracket, plastic shield, driver board, power supply, wire harness and mounting hardware. We will also be interested in beta testers, PM me for more information on that if you are interested. The plan is to call it the "Pinshakers Universal Shaker Motor Kit".

Thanks,

Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers

#26 55 days ago
    Quoted from robgo777:

So I was planning to wait until we were further along to make an announcement but after seeing this thread I feel compelled to do so now.
    We have been developing a universal plug and play shaker motor kit for several months. We have done an extensive amount of research and development and have a couple prototype boards we are currently testing. The motor can run off of flashers as well as pop bumpers and will be compatible with just about any machine that have either. Testing has gone very well with all WPC era machines and older Stern SAM systems that were made prior to them including shakers from the factory (POTC for example). We are still trying to get them to work with Williams System 7-11 series as well but we havent gotten the results we are happy with yet. It should also work with Gottlieb, Data East and Capcom generations but have yet to test them. It will also have up to 8 differnet inputs that you can select with an on board dip switch so you can choose to have more than one flasher triggering the motor.
    The entire kit is going to be plug and play, no wire splicing or soldering required. The most invasive part will simply be drilling the holes in the bottom of the cabinet to mount the motor. The kit will even use it's own power supply so there will be no need to draw power from the machine's power driver board. We have developed a way to easily tie the separate power supply to the machine's 110vac so that it will turn on/off with the machine so you dont have to unplug it. The power supply will also have addition plugs so you can connect other game mods that take 12vdc like LED strips etc.
    Right now we are doing some final testing to make sure we minimize or eliminate any EMI coming from the motor. There is a lot of work involved in a project like this, it is not simply just a circuit board with a few transistors and capacitors. There is even an extensive amount of computer coding involved in a microcontroller. We want to make sure the kit is completely safe to install, after all they will be in all of the machines in our own collection and we know how expensive it is to replace a pinball power board or MPU! There will also be a thumb screw adjustment where you can adjust the motor speed by hand in the 25%-100% range so you can get the perfect amount of desired shake.
    Look for more announcements in the next few weeks along with photos/video. We will be finalizing the price point but it is looking like it will be in the $175-$225 range for the entire kit which includes the motor, motor bracket, plastic shield, driver board, power supply, wire harness and mounting hardware. We will also be interested in beta testers, PM me for more information on that if you are interested. The plan is to call it the "Pinshakers Universal Shaker Motor Kit".
    Thanks,
    Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers

One question for ya. Does the flashers trigger the shaker motor when in attract mode? Hopefully not.

#27 55 days ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

One question for ya. Does the flashers trigger the shaker motor when in attract mode? Hopefully not.

Yes they would, unless you somehow are able to link into the game code we do not believe there is any way around that. Most of the time though it is just the controlled lamps that flash in attract mode.

My Champion Pub however does a short flasher sequence after the game ends. During this time the motor would shake when the flasher goes off. It isn't as bad though as you would think.

In theory it would be possible to prevent it from happening if we were to know the exact sequence and frequency the flashers go off in attract mode. We could then set the program to recognize this and disable the motor until you started a new game.

We will continue to look for ways to improve the code and the overall kit. A lot of money and resources have been poured into this project already so we are definitely here for the long run.

Regards,

Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers

#28 55 days ago

Interesting. For pre DMD, instead of being a slave to something you have no control over (light shows) or even worse something that's used a lot like a flasher, what about optos.... existing or adding? What about making use of leaf switches? I have a Funhouse I wouldnt mind adding a shaker to if the shaker could actually make sense.

#29 55 days ago
    Quoted from robgo777:

Yes they would, unless you somehow are able to link into the game code we do not believe there is any way around that. Most of the time though it is just the controlled lamps that flash in attract mode.
    My Champion Pub however does a short flasher sequence after the game ends. During this time the motor would shake when the flasher goes off. It isn't as bad though as you would think.
    In theory it would be possible to prevent it from happening if we were to know the exact sequence and frequency the flashers go off in attract mode. We could then set the program to recognize this and disable the motor until you started a new game.
    We will continue to look for ways to improve the code and the overall kit. A lot of money and resources have been poured into this project already so we are definitely here for the long run.
    Regards,
    Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers

Or you could cut power if the switch for the last ball in the ball trough is triggered. You already have a logic board, so not much more work.

#30 55 days ago

I have the pinbits shaker in my AFM. I am thinking of selling the game, if I did then I could sell the shaker separately if someone was interested.

#31 55 days ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Interesting. For pre DMD, instead of being a slave to something you have no control over (light shows) or even worse something that's used a lot like a flasher, what about optos.... existing or adding? What about making use of leaf switches? I have a Funhouse I wouldnt mind adding a shaker to if the shaker could actually make sense.

We are exploring ways to link into the switch matrix. Only thing is it would require a completely different driver board than one that is triggered off of flashlamps or solenoids. If we manage to successfully develop a board that can be tied into the switch matrix then we will likely offer it as a separate kit.

Thank you for your input and suggestions.

Rob

#32 55 days ago
    Quoted from vireland:

Or you could cut power if the switch for the last ball in the ball trough is triggered. You already have a logic board, so not much more work.

This is an interesting idea and we will look into it further.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rob

3 weeks later
    #33 28 days ago

Have a feeling i not going to just buy one of these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 11.95
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 26.50
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 14.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    $ 149.00
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside