Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mmr61184
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Does anybody know who actually makes themand why are they the only ones that are allowed to produce cabinet decals when there are other more superior manufactures out there.

#3 6 years ago

I would think nextgen refers to the process of on supplier. I would think as long as the decal matches the look and feel of the original would qualify is better quality over opinion

Quoted from Marvin:Whoever it is has the license from PPS, its simple. Other manufacturers may or may not be better, that's a matter of opinion.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I don't think it is just one supplier. I know there is an 'official' licensed seller of next gen decals on ebay who's quality control is lacking. Other the other hand, I got some directly from PPS that were very nice.

That’s exactly what I mean the aforementioned supplier if all he is doing is selling the decals that are produced by the same supplier to PPS should they be the same quality. Or does Rick liscense out to different manufactures for the same game.

#7 6 years ago

My issue is the TZ nextgen, they are not great and there is no other option out there. There is one guy that made them at one time that did have a small issue that was tweaked in later runs but can’t make them anymore because PPS won’t let him.

And even worse they aren’t readily available.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

maybe they are lying about being "nextgen" on the ones you have.

More the problem is they aren’t screen printed and the colors aren’t as vibrant.

#12 6 years ago

I am talking about overall there are a few vendors that will screen print them which is 100 percent better quality.

I don’t see anybody besides the aforementioned eBay seller selling Ricks Nextgen version on eBay and he has zero credibility. Nothing on either of ricks sites except prototype version on bayarea. I asked Rick if he would allow this known vendor that has a great track record to continue to produce them and got a flat out “no, they are available”no explaination nothing. If all of us can benefit why not allow them to produce the decals. Look I am not out her to get be a jerk or badmouth Rick in anyway I appreciate what he does for pinball but why hold us hostage it’s people like us that keeps his companies in business

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

its simple, whoever the vendor is you are talking about is refusing to do them legally (and pay the royalty). Therefore they are not permitted to make them. If Rick is made aware of the selling he will have a C&D sent out and can initiate legal proceedings if needed. Rather than whining about PPS not letting the vendor do it, get on the vendors @$$ to legalize their operation.

Not whining about anything the vendor is Phoenix arcade. Let’s be clear he doesn’t make anything without the liscense he He already said he will work with Rick to make and sell them if he game him is blessing. His stuff blows Ricks bullshit Nextgen decals away ask anybody here they will all tell you the same thing. I reached out to Rick on his behalf and all I got was a flat out no, they are available but he’s full of shit they aren’t available go look for them I challenge you to find them.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This does not help the next person if they don't know who you got them from.
    I found the next generation cabinet decals are available from PPS and Bay Area. I don't see why I would want to buy them from Ebay if I can get them from one of those two websites and order other parts to go along with it.

Twilight zone is not readily available on either PPS or BayArea

#19 6 years ago

Exactly if you READ the description and what I said in a previous post that’s the prototype. Why should I put a prototype on a non-prototype game

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

I wonder if next gen refers to decals that have been clear coated or have tiny air holes in them for easier application? It may just be a slang term?

They are also printed with wit a digital printer vs screen printed which is why some of the colors aren’t always sharp and can be off

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

I know its the proto, but TZ decals exist, might not be what *you* want, but they exist. why do people put the 3rd magnet on games that didn't come with it? why do they install the proto clock faces, the proto mini playfield, the missing left spiral sign, etc. Because they can, and they look better. You wouldn't be putting a prototype on, you'd be removing the original are and putting on a repro of the proto. Better off just leaving the original art, it's better quality than any decal.

Your right the original is the best unfortunately mine are beat up and faded becuase these games were notorious for that. I would disagree and say that 9/10 people with a TZ would replace their game with originals. PROTOs don’t necessarily look better proto remakes exist for those that want to convert their game back becuase they can. I would argue that the proto is the nice to have and that the production artwork should be what readily available and I bet most pinsiders and restoration guys would agree.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You prob don’t want to name names in this case. But if you want the decals that look better, buy them from the vendor that makes the better ones. If the crap ones keep getting sold, they will never be improved

I would and wouldn’t normally bring up names but he doesn’t cross that line and does things the right way he won’t make the decals without ricks blessing.

#26 6 years ago

Look not here to drag this out. My point is Rick has the liscense if they are not readily available let somebody make them or have your Nextgen guy make more. Here is a guy with plenty of demand that will work with Rick but he flat out refuses to and to me that is the bullshit move to hold people hostage. He wouldn’t have a business if it weren’t for people like us and that’s what pisses me off.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s what I’m saying. Buying the best possible option also makes Rick up his game. Help him do that.

Short of calling him out here on this forum idk what the answer would be. I nicely asked him and went into a pretty reasonable request in email and literally got a 5 word response: sorry, no they are available

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from gmkalos:

Yea not oem quality! I get it I recently sold a TAF NOS playfield for $1,600 cleared by HSA. People take pride in there stuff and it seems like more and more nobody really gives a crap about quality these days. This is why these licensing rights of the big 3 in my opinion should have never got out for the collector community to toy with. If I see another dark blue whirlwind I'm going to puke! lol

I wish I knew about the TAF been trying to track one down. But yeah your right there are very few that really take pride in the work I can name on one hand. I have to say though I am impressed with the TAF remake. I got Kruzman clearing one for me

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Hostage, who's he holding hostage?? You better call the police if you know he's doing that.

Reasonable by who's definition?

Sounds like your his little mouth piece. Your right he can do whatever he wants but but he should just remember if it wasnt for this community he can shove his liscenses up his ass so maybe he should think twice about pissing off the people who keep him in business and stop treating us like shit.

And as for what’s reasonable I think a hey look you don’t have any suppliers providing TZ decals this guy will be willing to work with you and provide them can we have a conversation about getting him a liscense. That’s sounds pretty fucking reasonable to me.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

IPB had the rights before that, even less was done with them than now. There's a ton more available now under Rick. Look I'm not a fan of Ricks, he can come across as a d-bag. The fact he "had nothing to do" with the company before buying the rights is irrelevant. Anyone with the cash could have bought them. Rick had the cash and was willing to take the risk. Blocking unlicensed stuff and approving licenses is his legal right. Companies buy closed/failed companies IP all the time, its business. Hell buying other peoples IP is how apple gets all of its ideas.

Let’s be honest this business was nothing like it is today when IP had it. There weren’t restoration companies and playfield restorers like you have today Rick has done great things for the business no question about that but don’t be a greedy Dick either which is exactly what he’s doing.

#40 6 years ago

gmkalos we are apparently in the wrong for desiring quality products from the one guy that can authorize them

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmr61184.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-nextgen-decals?tu=mmr61184 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.