(Topic ID: 200399)

Who makes new classic bally stern cabinets?

By SealClubber

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210809_155555 (resized).jpg
    20210726_181535 (1) (resized).jpg
    20210623_180102 (resized).jpg
    20210530_134405 (resized).jpg
    New Cabinet 3 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Tried calling and emailing Doug Huse with no response. Virtualpin only makes WPC and Xtreme says they are closed.
    I don’t know of anyone else who makes classic bally stern cabs. Anyone know of anyone else?

#3 6 years ago

Feel for you!. I have made several cabinets and there is really only one special tool that you need...other than basic woodworking tools...that being the special router bit to make the joints for the lower cabinet and back box. Other than that, a table saw, skill saw and long straight edge (to cut the long angles on the lower cabinet), a decent router and a saber saw.

I made a few prototype cabinets for my son. As far as making them for others, not really interested....Maybe working with someone local. Mostly I hate the mess they make! So these days I only make them for myself when needed. Same for restorations...only for myself...

You might look for a local cabinet shop. You just might get lucky and find someone who thinks it's a cool project and help you out.

Sorry and good luck.

New Cabinet 3 (resized).JPGNew Cabinet 3 (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago

These guys make some, but seem pricey.

https://virtuapin.net

#5 6 years ago

Isn't the Total Nuclear Annihilation cab basically a classic Bally cab?

Maybe Spooky could help you out? A longshot for sure...

#6 6 years ago

Virtuapin only shows WPX cabs.
    I have most of the tools I need to make a cab but man, it takes me forever, and I make many mistakes as I am not a woodworker.
    I have not seen a production TNA yet so not sure but thanks for the tip.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Virtuapin only shows WPX cabs.
    I have most of the tools I need to make a cab but man, it takes me forever, and I make many mistakes as I am not a woodworker.
    I have not seen a production TNA yet so not sure but thanks for the tip.

We actually build everything. We've built Cyclone, Xenon, Medusa, Fathom, Centaur, Pharaoh, Taxi, and many others.

Site update coming soon!

Feel free to give me a call.

4 years later
    #8 2 years ago

Hello , I built my own Bally Cabinet using Baltic Birch , copied a Mata Hari

20210530_134405 (resized).jpg20210530_134405 (resized).jpg20210623_180102 (resized).jpg20210623_180102 (resized).jpg20210726_181535 (1) (resized).jpg20210726_181535 (1) (resized).jpg20210809_155555 (resized).jpg20210809_155555 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-new-classic-bally-stern-cabinets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.