Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by kvan99
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tp_4.jpg
tp_2.jpg
tp_3.jpg
tp_1.jpg
GALLERY-Bally-PLAYBOY-1.jpg
GALLERY-Bally-Strikes-and-Spares-1.jpg
GALLERY-Bally-POWER-PLAY-2.jpg
GALLERY-Bally-Medusa-3.jpg
1506629_10203503133008754_459818929_n.jpg
1978776_10203503119008404_1398425171_n.jpg
StarGate restore 079.jpg
Ms Pac 76528 066.jpg
Pacman restore 155.jpg
IMG_2168.JPG
CH EBD head.jpg
CH EBD side.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spaceport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago

I bought a Paragon stencil set from them and the stencil for the front of the cabinet was about 20 percent smaller than it should have been. I sent them measurements and although the second replacement they sent me was usable--I still had to trim and fudge it a bit.

I purchased a Space Invaders stencil set but checked them BEFORE I sanded and took the paint off the cabinets. Surprisingly the stencils were pretty good seeing that the cabinet artwork on SI is much more complicated than Paragon. They still required a little massaging to get them right though.

My main complaint is that there are no registration marks on the stencils. According to the directions, you are supposed to use the cabinet as a guide. I don't know about anyone else but my stencil sizes varied a bit, which made cabinet alignment difficult if not impossible. When I restored my Defender vid, I used Gamestencils and those stencils were much easier to use because they had registration marks which allowed you to properly align each stencil. They also give some nice step-by-step instructions on their site.

As far as the adhesive goes, I waited a week between each stencil spray just to be sure so there was no lifting in the paint.

In all, the cabinets look better than they did before but I'm starting to think twice about re-painting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 21.00
$ 149.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spaceport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside