1506629_10203503133008754_459818929_n.jpg
1978776_10203503119008404_1398425171_n.jpg
StarGate restore 079.jpg
Ms Pac 76528 066.jpg
Pacman restore 155.jpg
IMG_2168.JPG
CH EBD head.jpg
CH EBD side.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballPimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

Hey guys... I have been designing QUALITY stencils for over a decade now and am designing them as fast as I can. It's a long process to get them correct but when they are finished, they're a PERFECT digital art file!

Chris Hutchins @ High End Pins has bought 3 sets of EBD stencils from me and is very pleased! He will use my stencils for any restore I have stencils available for in the future. He wants me to do Centaur next and wants 4 sets himself. ( See Pics Attached of his recent EBD restore using my stencils )

The detail in Centaur & Space Invaders is so intricate, I would most likely charge between $199 - $229 for a set because of the time involved to cut and peel all the detail properly. I would probably have to have at least 20 people committed to buy them before tackling the big project... but can be done and look spectacular! Feedback?

I keep my website updated regularly as to what's stencils are coming next. I promise once you use my stencils and see the quality of artwork, precision and registration, you will never want to use any other stencils but mine!

Thanks, Jeff
http://pinballpimpstencils.com/

CH EBD side.jpgCH EBD side.jpg
CH EBD head.jpgCH EBD head.jpg
CH EBD front.jpgCH EBD front.jpg

#49 9 years ago

Flash Gordon & Rolling Stones is coming REAL SOON. I am waiting for scans and it should not be that difficult to re-design.

Paragon and Centaur will most likely be on the list also.

Please keep checking my website as I will keep it updated and say what's coming soon!

Jeff

3 weeks later
1 week later
#61 9 years ago

Just look to see how SMOOTH the CURVES are and how STRAIGHT and PARALLEL lines are. Do the stencils LINE UP PERFECTLY on the front 2 corners when art is suppose to WRAP around the sides? DO the colors TRAP each other?

Well if not, then the stencil was not designed properly from the start!

And I also use a registration system that DOES NOT take practice to line them up and wouldn't matter if the backing was black, white or any other color in-between!

#75 9 years ago

They had to use HEAVY metal on their stencils so they would not flex much and avoid underspray, which you occasionally see. I assume at some point these stencils got lots of ink/paint on them and were most likely dropped in a huge vat of lacquer thinner and scrubbed off to be clean and back in rotation on the paint line. Understand that they were painting upwards to 15 - 20,000 of these cabinets back then in less than a year!

I have looked into getting my stencils CNC or laser onto thin brass to make metal stencils, but in todays world, it makes no sense to me cost wise unless you/I were painting a dozen cabinets the same title.

#76 9 years ago

Also, some people complain that using stencil mask material does not give you the "REAL LOOK" like the originals had with under spray, which I totally agree. Some stencil art would be easy to cut, depending on detail BUT, I want to see someone "Hand Cut 700 scales on Fathom art, or all the detail in 6M$M and Space Invaders... out of poster board with an X-acto knife... nearly IMPOSSIBLE!

On the other hand, when games come out looking like these photos, I really don't care for the "70's Look" anymore.

If you are going to repaint your cabinet, try a set of my stencils and see for yourself.

GALLERY-Bally-Strikes-and-Spares-1.jpgGALLERY-Bally-Strikes-and-Spares-1.jpgGALLERY-Bally-PLAYBOY-1.jpgGALLERY-Bally-PLAYBOY-1.jpgGALLERY-Bally-POWER-PLAY-2.jpgGALLERY-Bally-POWER-PLAY-2.jpgGALLERY-Bally-Medusa-3.jpgGALLERY-Bally-Medusa-3.jpg

#82 9 years ago

Yes... I peel the stencils about 5-10 minutes after painting them so edges relax. After paint is dry, but not fully cured, I then go back with Novus and lightly hand buff the entire art to knock down the edges and becomes quite smooth. Really no need to clear unless you want that WET LOOK, and sometimes clear is a bitch to get right without runs or wrinkling some of your paint underneath!

1 month later
#86 9 years ago

I talked with the guy at about selling licensed Gottlieb stencils on my site BUT turns out he has some pretty steep business criteria and wants a pretty hefty royalty off each set... more than I currently pay with Planetary.

So at this point, ff anybody is interested in Gottlieb stencils, I would probably just try to get at least 3-5 people who would COMMIT and put down a deposit for me to re-create a certain title and then sell to cover my time, materials and shipping as non-licensed and by word of mouth. Of course they would be the same PIMP quality as all my other stencils art!

Jeff

#88 9 years ago

Unfortunately 8 Ball Deluxe LE would be a cabinet that I probably won't get much request for and this is the only request I have ever gotten for it.

#90 9 years ago

Stern Star Gazer stencils are DONE and ready to cut. I have been so busy restoring a Mata Hari & Xenon that I haven't had time to put them on my site for sale yet.

Xenon & Rolling Stones stencils are also FINISHED and ready for sale, just not on my site yet.

If anyone is interested in Star Gazer stencils, please email me below.

[email protected]

#91 9 years ago

Here are some titles I am currently working on:

Bally Paragon
Stern Seawitch
Stern Lightning
Stern Nine Ball

#101 9 years ago

Thanks for all of the kind remarks guys. I really appreciate all the feedback and this is what keeps me motivated to keep building up my portfolio of stencils to share with the world. It's a lot of work and very time consuming to get them designed correctly. Xenon stencils took me at least 22 hours. Ministry of Pinball in Europe contacted me and wants to start re-selling my stencils also. I'm hoping this catches on and more guys start to decide to restore these old classics.

If anyone wants to supply me with cabinet scans, I will be gracious and give discounts for those who help. If you think you can help and not make me wait 3 months to get scans, let's chat. I am NOT a procrastinator and love knocking out projects!

Jeff

#103 9 years ago

If you have an older USB scanner like a small Canon or comparable, you can hook it up to a laptop and scan the cabinet in sections. Usually about 5 scans along the bottom and top of cab, OVERLAPPING each a few inches. The head only requires 3 scans and the front about 3 or 4. I then use all of those separate images and weld them back together as a FULL SIZE art. Then I go in and do my MAGIC for 20+ hours and out comes a beautiful set of stencils.

2 months later
#108 8 years ago

I would love to get scans for Meteor!

1 week later
#112 8 years ago

I am going to get Centaur scans this coming week and will start on stencil art. It's hotter than hell in Tampa and will be staying in side the next few months concentrating on new stencils art.

I did just finish these titles and will have on my site next week for purchase:

Stern = METEOR - STAR GAZER - SEAWITCH... LIGHTNING coming soon
Williams = HIGH SPEED

WORKING ON = Centaur - Paragon - Comet - Cyclone

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I love that the title of this thread is "Twisted Pins stencils are garbage" and it's primarily Pinball Pimp selling his stencils.

I am not selling Twisted Pins stencils. These are my own designed PINBALL PIMP stencils and am in no way affiliated with Twisted Pins in any way, shape or form. There is nobody out there that is selling stencil artwork anywhere close to the quality of mine.

Also, I DID NOT start this thread in the first place... it was started by kbliznick

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I meant it in a good way! They make crap, you stepped in to make quality.

Cool... I thought you meant well, I just read into it wrong

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

It does seem like a good plan to start a new thread though?

I have a thread started over here with lots of info and photos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pinball-pimp-cabinet-stencils-available-now

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballPimp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-mystic-cabinet-stencils?tu=PinballPimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.