(Topic ID: 256111)

Who makes colored flipper buttons that can be taken apart?

By Pinbub

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I'm looking for colored flipper buttons that can be taken apart. My Comet came with the Williams red buttons that consist of the outer ring, center button that you push and the spring in between the outer ring and button. The button shaft goes through the outer piece and the assembly is held together with an "E" clip. Does anybody make flipper buttons in orange and yellow that are held together with the "E" clip? I bought after market ones and the button shaft is barbed so once it's assembled it looks like I will screw up the barb or break it if I try to disassemble it. I don't know if Williams made any pins with orange or yellow flipper buttons? Anybody know if they did or where I could get either Williams buttons or after market ones that can be disassembled?

#2 4 years ago

I got some translucent red ones from pbresource not long ago that had the e clip. You could email them and ask if their solid color ones are the same.

#3 4 years ago

I manufacture some... but you're looking for the modern equivalent which other vendors tend to sell - whereas, mine are the early solidstate three piece configuration. As such; can't really offer any advice... other than I thought the barbed ones could be disassembled with the right amount of force.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

other than I thought the barbed ones could be disassembled with the right amount of force.

I have had luck in the past doing this.

#5 4 years ago

Thank guys, I'll try to pop mine apart. I want to put yellow buttons into orange outer rings. Hope that doesn't qualify for a mod ala the led pukefest!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Hope that doesn't qualify for a mod ala the led pukefest!

Who cares. Your machine. Your rules.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

Thank guys, I'll try to pop mine apart. I want to put yellow buttons into orange outer rings. Hope that doesn't qualify for a mod ala the led pukefest!

You can just take apart the molded ones by sanding down the bump a little and pulling out the button, then using an E clip when you re-assemble. These pop out over time on route all the time because the bump wears down, and I use e-clips to fix them. Never come out again.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

You can just take apart the molded ones by sanding down the bump a little and pulling out the button, then using an E clip when you re-assemble. These pop out over time on route all the time because the bump wears down, and I use e-clips to fix them. Never come out again.

I had considered that. Do you cut a groove with a dremel or something for the e clip or do you just install it inboard of whats left of the bump?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

I had considered that. Do you cut a groove with a dremel or something for the e clip or do you just install it inboard of whats left of the bump?

Just clip it on in front of whatever bump you have, just sand the bump down so it's *just* small enough to get out, then you have more to work with for the E clip. If it's the smallest one that will fit, it kind of makes its own groove over time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-makes-colored-flipper-buttons-that-can-be-taken-apart?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.