Was not thinking hallucinogenic or the psychedelic varieties, but if that is what you are into post about it .
I was thinking of Morels. Around this time each year I venture out and try to find them. This year has been colder so the hunt has been delayed -- optimal conditions are warmer temps and rain. Usually before Mother's Day is a good time to start looking in my area. Pictures from last year:
Roll them in flour, fry them in butter. . . delicious as is or add them to eggs, steak, a burger, etc.
Been on Pinside long enough to know its best to get a few things out of the way:
1. There is a Fungus Among Us
2. John Wort likes Mushrooms
3. Its best to mushroom hunt in Cowboy Boots
4. Shrooms are good on free Little Caesars Pizza
5. Most wild Mushrooms are NOT safe to eat -- Don't go out pickin and eatin because I said it was ok.
Bring on the rest!