• Latest reply 12 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BK2K_002.JPG
Black_Rose_#3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I've only gotten a chance to play it once so far, and I seem to be hooked. I love the theme, the innovative playfield, and speech. I definitely need to spend more time learning the rules. It kills me how I can only make it out to the arcade every 2 months or so!

So what are your thoughts on Black Rose? It seems like one of those underappreciated titles that deserves more attention.

#4 12 years ago

It's a known fact that the one we have at the local arcade was owned by a country singer. It was kept right next to the window though so the right side of the cabinet is horribly faded.

#9 12 years ago

I saw someone comment on that on their Facebook page mystic. The guy said, "I could also ask $10k for my 1992 Honda but I don't think I'll get that either." The response was, "We're a retailer. $2500 is about right for a retailer."

That's true, but they ARE the last arcade in the state. And since it makes a lot of sense to keep things local, what collector would give that much?

#15 12 years ago

I quickly learned how easy it is to open Davy Jones' Locker and get a shot at the cannon. I'm sure this is a misadjustment, but on the game I played just the right plunge would send the ball straight into the locker if it was open. This one should be called the swashbuckler's skillshot!

#19 12 years ago

Here's some well-lit arcade footage. Not a bad 3 games if I say so myself!

#t=21m48s

#22 12 years ago

Looking back at the video plunging the ball into the locker is normal, and it actually is a skill shot. Very satisfying though.

#28 12 years ago

Actually Black Rose is a... oh, Mark.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 40.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-black-rose?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.