IMG_5479 (resized).png
IMG_5484 (resized).png
IMG_5708 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5568 (resized).jpeg
20231215_154517 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

My new favorite beer! Anyone else tried this? So far I've only found it at BevMo and it's $10 for a 4 pack. Ouch!

I haven't had one in a few years, but vaguely recall thinking it would be good on pancakes or waffles. Very strong!

4 weeks later
#603 9 years ago

Look what I found today!

Let's all celebrate and have a good time.......

celebration.PNGcelebration.PNG

2 months later
#678 9 years ago

Just picked up Sierra Nevada 2015 Beer Camp Hoppy Lager a few days ago. It was very good.

2 months later
#784 9 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Has anyone tried Heady Topper by The Alchemist?
Number 1 beer in the world. Been dieing to try some. May make a special trip up Waterbury Vermont to get some. I'm a big double IPA guy.
heady topper 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I wonder if Total Wine sells this? Will look for it on my next visit.

#786 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

they do not. it does not leave the state of vermont unless in private hands.
great total wine out there in daytona though!

Total Wine is da bomb. I remember when I used to have to look all over just to find Sierra Nevada. Love Total Wine.

4 weeks later
#794 9 years ago

Here's to Total Wine and their way too infrequent beer coupons.....

goodbeer.PNGgoodbeer.PNG

3 months later
#828 8 years ago

OMG just spent half the day replacing a kitchen sink, faucet, and garbage disposal. I need beer!

3 months later
#842 8 years ago

Winter is coming! Found this favorite at my local Publix tonight. Note the darker red label...

celebration.PNGcelebration.PNG

1 month later
#865 8 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

saw sign for yuengling oktoberfest beer at petrocks

Yuengling always tasted like cardboard to me. Can't stand it.....

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

It's better than Shiner. I don't particularly miss Yuengling, but I'm pretty sure it's the only beer I've ever bought in a 24 pack.

I'm not a fan of Shiner either. Be careful sharing that opinion in Texas though

1 month later
#881 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I tried a couple of good ones recently that you guys might appreciate.

Do you pour that first one on pancakes or drink it straight? Actually, after reading the reviews on BA, I'm going to look for that at my next Total Wine visit. Sounds really good.

1 month later
#890 8 years ago

What day is it? It's Beer Thursday......

beerthursday_(resized).PNGbeerthursday_(resized).PNG

1 week later
#892 8 years ago

Who's watching the Bulls play tonight? Gonna need a beer or 2 for that....

thibs_(resized).PNGthibs_(resized).PNG

4 weeks later
#913 7 years ago

Happy Cinco De Mayo guys! We really need an emoticon drinking a beer.

5 months later
#921 7 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

THANK YOU! I just moved to Pennsylvania from Wisconsin and these beer laws are bonkers. It's so stupid how many hoops I have to jump through to get a six pack.

I used to do a bit of travelling for work and was in Harrisburg for a week. Couldn't believe I had to buy beer in case quantities. Nuts! Happy for you guys that BS is going away.

2 months later
#1010 7 years ago

Is there such a thing as a low calorie/carb pale ale that actually tastes good? Why don't they make a Sierra Nevada Light Pale Ale?

#1021 7 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'm probably one of ten people in the US that hates IPAs.

In all honesty after 3 weeks of eating healthy with no alcohol, I had a few SNPAs on my birthday. The taste was overpowering and that's always been one of my favorites. Maybe that's why people like Michelob Ultra? Regardless, the experience makes it easier to stick to a healthier diet.

3 weeks later
#1040 7 years ago

Here's a new one I just picked up. Haven't had a beer in roughly a month so hitting me pretty good. Warmup for the truck race tomorrow night.

goodbeer (resized).PNGgoodbeer (resized).PNG

#1049 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Which ones don't you like? lol
My keg just kicked tonight! I have to decide what I will get next for my BM23-B Beverage Air kegerator.

Tusker? I found this locally once.

tusker (resized).PNGtusker (resized).PNG

2 months later
#1075 6 years ago

I like the Lagunitas vibe you got going there

1 month later
#1081 6 years ago

Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga' Substitute Ale, I have ignored this beer forever thinking it contained brown sugar. Ha! It does not. Very smooth for 8%. Down 2 or 3 of these and you are GTG.....

smooth (resized).PNGsmooth (resized).PNG

1 month later
#1083 6 years ago

My dumpy ass Circle K that doesn't even have a beer cave now has Lagunitas. I had to buy it. 2 for $4. Really not a bad price. The cans are YUGE!

circlekbeer (resized).PNGcirclekbeer (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Call me cliche but here I am enjoying my first Pumpkinhead of the season. Followed by 5 more.
I'm a sucker for cinnamon sugar rims.

I'm not a fan of Shipyard Brewing, but neat label

1 month later
#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

It is November ! Goodbye pumpkin beers. Hello Christmas releases.

Never been a fan of the pumpkin beers. Got me some Sierra Nevada Celebration a couple days ago. Feels like Christmas already

1 week later
#1168 6 years ago

So Vegas now has a Total Wine (next to Fry's). My vodka was more expensive than my local Total Wine, but the Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada were a good bit cheaper.

#1169 6 years ago

I did have a great Sierra Nevada Narwhal earlier this week too.

I saw this in Vegas and should have picked some up as my local Total Wine doesn't have it.

1 month later
#1237 6 years ago

While scavenging some SN Celebration found 12 packs of Lagunitas 12th of Never in Winn-Dixie no less, and on sale for $13.99.

1 month later
#1349 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Finally scored some fresh Boss Tweed and it is really fantastic!

Did ya mix it with something? Maybe OJ? Never seen an IPA that color.

1 month later
#1379 6 years ago

I can't decide if this is good or bad publicity for Lagunitas?

3 weeks later
#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Release day in TN. Also found a few CBS bombers hidden behind some other bottles.

My Total Wine is supposed to get some CBS the first week of April. I'll have to see what all the fuss is about.

1 week later
#1417 6 years ago

Got some KBS in today.

Yeah, I have a new appreciation for that pic. $25 for a 4 pack at my local Total Wine. No thank you!

#1420 6 years ago

Cheaper than and higher quality than a set of TAF apron decals off of ebay

The problem is if I try one and really like it, I'll want more. Homey can't afford that.

1 week later
#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Picked up two cases of Waldo yesterday.

I almost picked up some of this Friday. Reading the reviews, it just doesn't sound good to me. Couldn't do it.

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

remove your avatar now!! just kidding, but really dude if you like Lagunitas at all the Waldos is as good as it gets, period.

Ha! I like to read the Beer Advocate reviews and the term "dank" came up a little too often. I guess it was meant in a good way, but it just didn't sound good to me Maybe I'll grab some next time if they still have it.

2 weeks later
#1449 5 years ago

There's a new Sierra Nevada variety pack out that's really good (no duds for me). Can't remember exactly what it was called, but it's the one with the Kolsch, which I thought was particularly good.

kolsch (resized).PNGkolsch (resized).PNG

#1454 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Honestly a little underwelmed by this one. It is good, but not alot of barrel flavor and hops are very diminished.

So is "dank" some kind of new beer buzzword?

#1461 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Having a nice Brouwerij ‘t Ij IPA playing pinball

O-din finally hacked Robin's account Boobs!

#1474 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

There's a new Sierra Nevada variety pack out that's really good (no duds for me). Can't remember exactly what it was called, but it's the one with the Kolsch, which I thought was particularly good.

Scored some more of this. It's simply called "Party Pack" and is in a tan box. So what's that saying about beer after vodka?

1 week later
#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jack’s Abby and Down the Road are local brews. They both have pinball! Actually, I think Jack’s got rid of theirs

"Becky Likes the Smell", awesome name and artwork!

#1515 5 years ago

This is just OK. Doesn't really taste like an IPA to me. Missing the hop bite I would expect. Oh well, 6 packs are B1G1F at Publix this week. It was cheap.

hopadillo (resized).PNGhopadillo (resized).PNG

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ab inbev at it finest. Karbach does have a few good ones tho . Hellfighter among them

Yeah. Funny how different microbrews all come in the same kinda packaging now. Kudos to Heineken though. That is some nasty f'n beer, but they've owned Lagunitas for about a year now and haven't f'd it up as far as I can tell. Truthfully, I think distribution has gotten better.

#1530 5 years ago

On vacation enjoying a favorite. Wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary today as well.

Congratulations! So few attain that milestone. We as a society don't give it the merit it deserves. And yes, I've been drinking beer....

3 weeks later
#1546 5 years ago

6 packs are buy 2 get 1 free at Publix so I decided to give this a try. It’s supposed to be an NEIPA. It feels surprisingly light for 6.7% ABV. I’m tasting a lot of citrus and not so much the hops. It’s good, maybe even very good, but not great. At the regular price, I’ll stick with Lagunitas.

B07229E6-2D49-44D7-A6AF-92D31BF63D87 (resized).jpegB07229E6-2D49-44D7-A6AF-92D31BF63D87 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1584 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

wasn't thrilled with it at first taste but ended up really enjoying the four pack.

That pretty much describes every alcoholic drink I've ever had

1 week later
#1597 5 years ago

These are always fun! One of my first indications Fall is coming

We really need a beer drinking emoji.

SNOKT (resized).PNGSNOKT (resized).PNG

#1606 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

These are always fun! One of my first indications Fall is coming

This was not my favorite year for sure. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't really getting an Oktoberfest style vibe when drinking it.

#1618 5 years ago

Found these at Costco. $30 for 24 pounders. Dirt cheap for Sweetwater. I think I should be good for the long weekend

cheapsweetwater (resized).PNGcheapsweetwater (resized).PNG

#1620 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Never tried any of these but yeah can't go too wrong at that price. Thanks

They aren't my favorite brewer, but good beers if you like hops. I think the lowest ABV in the pack is 5.3%.

1 month later
#1657 5 years ago

The holiday season started a little earlier this year. So good.....

celebration (resized).PNGcelebration (resized).PNG

3 months later
#1746 5 years ago

If you are in the grips of the Polar Vortex, might better stock up before it is too late.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/us/beer-delivery-midwest-trnd/index.html

2 months later
#1819 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Who makes a good berry sour that isn't overly sour? Preferably something you can purchase anywhere and not some limited release that I have to travel to timbukto to get.

My Total Wine just started carrying this. I haven't tried it, but Lagunitas usually doesn't disappoint.

https://lagunitas.com/beer/dark-swan

#1822 5 years ago

Ok, I just drank a dank beer. Yuck!!!!! I'll save the rest for the end of the night. I'm pretty sure it achieved what it was going for, just not my thing. It was kinda like licking a skunk's ass..... I think....

#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'll give that a go. Thanks.

My Publix just started carrying it too. Let me know how you like it. I'm kinda enjoying a Sweetwater Sampler tonight.

#1826 5 years ago

Avoid these. Dogfish Head has something similar tasting (Sixty One) that is at least better. Nothing special about this to me though.

brut (resized).PNGbrut (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

True story: I didn't have another taste of an alcoholic beverage until I turned 34 after that beer.

My 2 greatest foes in the battle to maintain a healthy weight are craft beer and Blue Diamond almonds. If you haven't developed a taste for either, I say don't start

1 week later
#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

How was it? I read some reviews and they made it sound kinda like Dogfishhead 61 which is OK and different, but not really my thing.

#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It was good. I'm just getting into some of the sours, so it's hard for me to give a proper rating. I'll definitely drink the 2nd bottle of it that's in the fridge.

Cool, thanks! My Publix was cleaned out already. If I see it again, I'll grab some.

3 weeks later
#1866 4 years ago

Publix has been doing me right. I've gone from Kona B1G1 Free 6 packs to Goose Island B1G1 Free 6 packs. These aren't great, but they aren't terrible either, and they are cheap. I do envy Georgians living near a Costco. 24 packs of Terrapin Hopsecutioner are $25. 24 packs of 16 oz. tallboy Sweetwater are ~$30. Can't beat that!

1 month later
#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If it's anything like their sandwiches it will suck! Primanti's is one of those places that locals don't care for but out of towners love the nostalgia of it!

I can't imagine it tasting good, but I think it has potential as a marinade for chicken.

2 months later
#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You lost me at French

Unibroue is French Canadian.

#1957 4 years ago

Beer is cheaper than Coke in France, so they've at least got that going for them.

2 weeks later
#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

bought this 'gem' by mistake
2 sips and it went down the drain.
Just horrible[quoted image]

Yeah, I don't get the push they are making with this stuff. It doesn't taste good. They have a few different varieties of it too. They screwed up my Costco Sweetwater Value Pack by sticking 6 cans of this shi* in it. Though, I can tolerate it once my taste buds are sufficiently numb.

3 months later
#2109 4 years ago

If any of you guys like Sierra Nevada Torpedo, my Target was clearing it out for $4.48/6 pack. That's ~1/2 off. Check here first.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=213-05-0824

1 month later
#2171 4 years ago

It's National Beer Day!

4 weeks later
#2229 3 years ago

Victory 6 packs are B1G1F this week at Publix. I've been wanting to try the Sour Monkey. It's pretty good, though I wouldn't mind a bit more sour. I'm surprised it is 9.5% ABV. I can't taste it.

sm (resized).PNGsm (resized).PNG

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I liked the beer by them called Hop Devil but can’t find anymore out here in AZ. I discovered it when it first came out many years go, is it still available?

They still sell it at my Total Wine. I'm kinda surprised that my Publix has 2 of their 9.5% ABV beers, but not that.

2 months later
#2327 3 years ago

I think Publix has been offering the great B1G1F deals on better beers because of the Covid and lack of demand from restaurants and bars. This week Elysian 6 packs are B1G1F. It packs a punch, but is pretty darn good!

elysian (resized).PNGelysian (resized).PNG

#2335 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I would love to try this one. No one near by has it

Space dust is a good one! Wish we had a Publix here

Yeah, but it is too f'n strong for having more than a couple. I'm liking their Cosmic Haze just fine which is 6%.

In Florida, the Publix Deli has popcorn machines. They make it fresh. Not so in North Carolina. They get the frozen shi*. I like my fresh Publix popcorn.

#2338 3 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Don't waste your time , the vast majority of sours are horrible . Why spend time trying to enjoy a beer that sucks ? Yeah I know it's trending right now and a lot of people are pretending to enjoy crappy infected beer because that's what is hot right now but screw all that nonsense . If you can find a real Belgian Lambic , I suggest trying that . Otherwise forget about sours almost everything out there is complete garbage .

This is the truth. Sour Monkey is pretty damn good though...

#2355 3 years ago

Cheap beer of the week @Publix. Terrapin 6 packs are B1G1F. This is Luau Krunkles. It's fruity but not too fruity, at least drinking from the can. I like it.

luau (resized).PNGluau (resized).PNG

#2358 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Sweet Liberty has too much pineapple in it. Wasn't a fan of it! Same with this one (to much strawberry)...

Try drinking it straight from the can. The fruity taste shouldn't be as pronounced.

1 week later
#2368 3 years ago

I'm seeing all these Oktoberfest beers available now except the one I want, Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. My Total Wine has a space cleared for it anyway, so I know it is coming soon.

2 weeks later
#2383 3 years ago

Do any of you guys collect tap handles? I'm downsizing and have no idea what these things are worth. I also have a Guiness Last Call Brass Bell that I think is supposed to be kinda rare.

#2385 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah prices for tap handles are all over the place. A lot of the common ones you'll be lucky to get 5$ for. I have a hundred or so of them and they just sit in a cabinet.
The Guinness Bell, one on Let It Go right now for 45$

I checked a few on ebay completed listings. A Lagunitas 13th Handle that I have went for ~$30, but I'm trying to avoid ebay, though some stuff is better sold there in spite of the haircut.

3 weeks later
#2401 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Ever have an awful beer and think this tastes like piss? Just sayin...
[quoted image]

That's cool! The worst beers for me always taste like butter in a bad way. I think it's diacetyl. Our local micro brewery has this problem, at least to my tastebuds.

2 months later
#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Well, since you asked for it. I just realized I never opened yesterday's! Nothing's blown my socks off so far, but I kind of feel like a kid waiting to see what's behind the door each day. A kid who likes beer.

I’d be surprised if most of them aren’t underwhelming. It’s a nice idea for a gift though.

#2512 3 years ago

All Dogfish Head 6 packs B1G1F @ Publix this week.

This will put some hair on you chest!

dfh (resized).PNGdfh (resized).PNG

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Wish we had Publix. Get the 120 min ipa. That’s killer! Or world wide stout!!!

My choices were 60 minute, 90 minute and that low ABV shit. I loaded up on 60 and 90. I’ve had the 120 before and it is good. Truly I’ve mostly been drinking Bush Light during the holidays, but I could not resist B1G1 Dogfish.

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I drink bush light from the tap all day. It’s called water

I hear ya. Bush is actually pretty good for what it is. I just can’t drink 300 calorie beers in quantity so it’s either Bush Light or Whiteclaw...

#2535 3 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

Having difficulty finding Shiner Bock in Northern California, does anyone know a dark beer similar to Shiner Bock?

Sierra Nevada Weizenbock?

#2540 3 years ago

Costco tricked me and put this in the alcoholic beer aisle. This is still pretty good though...

ginger (resized).PNGginger (resized).PNG

3 months later
#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Nothing special but it’s summer outside for the first time this year.
[quoted image]

The most special thing about many of these beers is the label.

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I was wondering, I haven't seen it anywhere in a while and the last time I bought it was discounted. I think I paid 5 bucks for a six pack.

Sam Adams 6 packs are B1G1F at my local Publix. I'll look for this.

4 months later
#2953 2 years ago

This year's SN Oktoberfest is a Marzen. Not my fave but true to the style I think...20210827_152110 (resized).jpg20210827_152110 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

If there are any Captain Lawrence fans here I was at the brewery not that long ago in NY and its well worth the visit.
Good food and fresh beer right out of the source.
They make some nice stuff... they do booze now too.

I saw some Captain Lawrence beer at Total Wine today. I should have picked some up. I did get some of this in my quest to find a pumpkin beer I like. It's pretty good. More of a pumpkin pie beer to my taste. It hides 8% really well.

schlafly (resized).PNGschlafly (resized).PNG
1 month later
#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from Bowlingpin:

Lagunitas is dead to me, this beer isn’t bad, it’s good, not great- like the Born yesterday they used to deliver around now every year in a 6 pack. I’d buy it by the case- now these are in a 4pack. What is the world coming to....
[quoted image]

Inflation. Total Wine wants $20.50 for a 12 pack of Celebration this year. I usually pay ~$15 for it.

4 months later
#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I'd have done the same, I'm a sucker for cool can art.

It is a great disappointment to pay a premium for beer and have it taste like shi*. But I guess that's why they do it. Total Wine is a feast for the eyes when it comes to can art.

#3161 2 years ago

Usually the more gimmicky the can the more likely the contents suck.
There are exceptions to the rule of course.
This one is pretty decent despite the can.
So many disclaimers,instructions and acknowledgments. Is it a can of beer of an amusement park ride?

Well, I guess it doesn't taste like piss then
piss (resized).PNGpiss (resized).PNG

1 week later
#3166 2 years ago
Quoted from Amanoly:

I too have fallen for the old can art trickery. There is some correlation there with good beers and fancy cans though in my opinion.

I check everything on beeradvocate when I'm paying a premium. I've learned that if it isn't at least a 4 there, I'm probably going to know why when I taste it.

I mostly drink Busch Light which is an underrated beer. Usually I can taste the adjuncts in cheap beer. I can't taste them in Busch Light. I know they are there. I just can't taste them. It's perfect...

2 months later
#3228 1 year ago

If you get Total Wine e-mails, check them. They sent me a $10 off $10.01 or more coupon for this weekend only.

2 months later
#3261 1 year ago

Sierra Nevada is not doing a national distribution of Oktoberfest this year. That sucks! I always like to try it.

2 months later
#3296 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

That’s bizarre. What’s the story? Shipping beer has to be stupid expensive due to the weight.
I didn’t even know other half had Philly location. I’ll have to look that up.

Probably some state regulation BS.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-beer?tu=mcluvin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.