8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,912 posts
  • 328 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,158 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7D01B536-B6A0-46EF-B6DA-178CCD724DBF (resized).jpeg
0276990C-19ED-4568-9E52-DC23AA692BCC (resized).jpeg
20547FA2-CE2D-4013-8317-439B3F6F8AB1 (resized).jpeg
20190824_190801 (resized).jpg
A7F8DC2B-CB55-4949-9C30-0E6BAD00930C (resized).jpeg
20190824_123101 (resized).jpg
4946F9C3-C00F-48C9-B3A4-DED586EBC014 (resized).jpeg
0C86E620-76A0-4667-84FE-D9F373E5580C (resized).jpeg
20190809_210833 (resized).jpg
66687B4E-6048-4BF8-8F6B-5957F99D8C76 (resized).jpeg
20190726_192434 (resized).jpg
20190726_194328 (resized).jpg
C7083196-6EEF-40CC-B08C-9A9FFDDDBBD4 (resized).jpeg
63CE60F3-247C-4D7B-A033-B939AD57EC6E (resized).jpeg
20190721_163819 (resized).jpg
IMG_6870 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

My new favorite beer! Anyone else tried this? So far I've only found it at BevMo and it's $10 for a 4 pack. Ouch!

I haven't had one in a few years, but vaguely recall thinking it would be good on pancakes or waffles. Very strong!

4 weeks later
#603 4 years ago

Look what I found today!

Let's all celebrate and have a good time.......

celebration.PNG

2 months later
#678 4 years ago

Just picked up Sierra Nevada 2015 Beer Camp Hoppy Lager a few days ago. It was very good.

2 months later
#784 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Has anyone tried Heady Topper by The Alchemist?
Number 1 beer in the world. Been dieing to try some. May make a special trip up Waterbury Vermont to get some. I'm a big double IPA guy.
heady topper 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I wonder if Total Wine sells this? Will look for it on my next visit.

#786 4 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

they do not. it does not leave the state of vermont unless in private hands.
great total wine out there in daytona though!

Total Wine is da bomb. I remember when I used to have to look all over just to find Sierra Nevada. Love Total Wine.

4 weeks later
#794 4 years ago

Here's to Total Wine and their way too infrequent beer coupons.....

goodbeer.PNG

3 months later
#828 4 years ago

OMG just spent half the day replacing a kitchen sink, faucet, and garbage disposal. I need beer!

3 months later
#842 3 years ago

Winter is coming! Found this favorite at my local Publix tonight. Note the darker red label...

celebration.PNG

1 month later
#865 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

saw sign for yuengling oktoberfest beer at petrocks

Yuengling always tasted like cardboard to me. Can't stand it.....

#871 3 years ago
Quoted from Law:

It's better than Shiner. I don't particularly miss Yuengling, but I'm pretty sure it's the only beer I've ever bought in a 24 pack.

I'm not a fan of Shiner either. Be careful sharing that opinion in Texas though

1 month later
#881 3 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I tried a couple of good ones recently that you guys might appreciate.

Do you pour that first one on pancakes or drink it straight? Actually, after reading the reviews on BA, I'm going to look for that at my next Total Wine visit. Sounds really good.

1 month later
#890 3 years ago

What day is it? It's Beer Thursday......

beerthursday_(resized).PNG

1 week later
#892 3 years ago

Who's watching the Bulls play tonight? Gonna need a beer or 2 for that....

thibs_(resized).PNG

4 weeks later
#913 3 years ago

Happy Cinco De Mayo guys! We really need an emoticon drinking a beer.

5 months later
#921 2 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

THANK YOU! I just moved to Pennsylvania from Wisconsin and these beer laws are bonkers. It's so stupid how many hoops I have to jump through to get a six pack.

I used to do a bit of travelling for work and was in Harrisburg for a week. Couldn't believe I had to buy beer in case quantities. Nuts! Happy for you guys that BS is going away.

2 months later
#1010 2 years ago

Is there such a thing as a low calorie/carb pale ale that actually tastes good? Why don't they make a Sierra Nevada Light Pale Ale?

#1021 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'm probably one of ten people in the US that hates IPAs.

In all honesty after 3 weeks of eating healthy with no alcohol, I had a few SNPAs on my birthday. The taste was overpowering and that's always been one of my favorites. Maybe that's why people like Michelob Ultra? Regardless, the experience makes it easier to stick to a healthier diet.

3 weeks later
#1040 2 years ago

Here's a new one I just picked up. Haven't had a beer in roughly a month so hitting me pretty good. Warmup for the truck race tomorrow night.

goodbeer (resized).PNG

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Which ones don't you like? lol
My keg just kicked tonight! I have to decide what I will get next for my BM23-B Beverage Air kegerator.

Tusker? I found this locally once.

tusker (resized).PNG

2 months later
#1075 2 years ago

I like the Lagunitas vibe you got going there

1 month later
#1081 2 years ago

Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga' Substitute Ale, I have ignored this beer forever thinking it contained brown sugar. Ha! It does not. Very smooth for 8%. Down 2 or 3 of these and you are GTG.....

smooth (resized).PNG

1 month later
#1083 2 years ago

My dumpy ass Circle K that doesn't even have a beer cave now has Lagunitas. I had to buy it. 2 for $4. Really not a bad price. The cans are YUGE!

circlekbeer (resized).PNG

3 weeks later
#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Call me cliche but here I am enjoying my first Pumpkinhead of the season. Followed by 5 more.
I'm a sucker for cinnamon sugar rims.

I'm not a fan of Shipyard Brewing, but neat label

1 month later
#1143 1 year ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

It is November ! Goodbye pumpkin beers. Hello Christmas releases.

Never been a fan of the pumpkin beers. Got me some Sierra Nevada Celebration a couple days ago. Feels like Christmas already

1 week later
#1168 1 year ago

So Vegas now has a Total Wine (next to Fry's). My vodka was more expensive than my local Total Wine, but the Lagunitas and Sierra Nevada were a good bit cheaper.

#1169 1 year ago

I did have a great Sierra Nevada Narwhal earlier this week too.

I saw this in Vegas and should have picked some up as my local Total Wine doesn't have it.

1 month later
#1237 1 year ago

While scavenging some SN Celebration found 12 packs of Lagunitas 12th of Never in Winn-Dixie no less, and on sale for $13.99.

1 month later
#1349 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

Finally scored some fresh Boss Tweed and it is really fantastic!

Did ya mix it with something? Maybe OJ? Never seen an IPA that color.

1 month later
#1379 1 year ago

I can't decide if this is good or bad publicity for Lagunitas?

3 weeks later
#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Release day in TN. Also found a few CBS bombers hidden behind some other bottles.

My Total Wine is supposed to get some CBS the first week of April. I'll have to see what all the fuss is about.

1 week later
#1417 1 year ago

Got some KBS in today.

Yeah, I have a new appreciation for that pic. $25 for a 4 pack at my local Total Wine. No thank you!

#1420 1 year ago

Cheaper than and higher quality than a set of TAF apron decals off of ebay

The problem is if I try one and really like it, I'll want more. Homey can't afford that.

1 week later
#1432 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Picked up two cases of Waldo yesterday.

I almost picked up some of this Friday. Reading the reviews, it just doesn't sound good to me. Couldn't do it.

#1440 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

remove your avatar now!! just kidding, but really dude if you like Lagunitas at all the Waldos is as good as it gets, period.

Ha! I like to read the Beer Advocate reviews and the term "dank" came up a little too often. I guess it was meant in a good way, but it just didn't sound good to me Maybe I'll grab some next time if they still have it.

2 weeks later
#1449 1 year ago

There's a new Sierra Nevada variety pack out that's really good (no duds for me). Can't remember exactly what it was called, but it's the one with the Kolsch, which I thought was particularly good.

kolsch (resized).PNG

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

Honestly a little underwelmed by this one. It is good, but not alot of barrel flavor and hops are very diminished.

So is "dank" some kind of new beer buzzword?

#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from robin:

Having a nice Brouwerij ‘t Ij IPA playing pinball

O-din finally hacked Robin's account Boobs!

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

There's a new Sierra Nevada variety pack out that's really good (no duds for me). Can't remember exactly what it was called, but it's the one with the Kolsch, which I thought was particularly good.

Scored some more of this. It's simply called "Party Pack" and is in a tan box. So what's that saying about beer after vodka?

1 week later
#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jack’s Abby and Down the Road are local brews. They both have pinball! Actually, I think Jack’s got rid of theirs

"Becky Likes the Smell", awesome name and artwork!

#1515 1 year ago

This is just OK. Doesn't really taste like an IPA to me. Missing the hop bite I would expect. Oh well, 6 packs are B1G1F at Publix this week. It was cheap.

hopadillo (resized).PNG

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ab inbev at it finest. Karbach does have a few good ones tho . Hellfighter among them

Yeah. Funny how different microbrews all come in the same kinda packaging now. Kudos to Heineken though. That is some nasty f'n beer, but they've owned Lagunitas for about a year now and haven't f'd it up as far as I can tell. Truthfully, I think distribution has gotten better.

#1530 1 year ago

On vacation enjoying a favorite. Wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary today as well.

Congratulations! So few attain that milestone. We as a society don't give it the merit it deserves. And yes, I've been drinking beer....

3 weeks later
#1546 1 year ago

6 packs are buy 2 get 1 free at Publix so I decided to give this a try. It’s supposed to be an NEIPA. It feels surprisingly light for 6.7% ABV. I’m tasting a lot of citrus and not so much the hops. It’s good, maybe even very good, but not great. At the regular price, I’ll stick with Lagunitas.

B07229E6-2D49-44D7-A6AF-92D31BF63D87 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from swillie:

wasn't thrilled with it at first taste but ended up really enjoying the four pack.

That pretty much describes every alcoholic drink I've ever had

1 week later
#1597 1 year ago

These are always fun! One of my first indications Fall is coming

We really need a beer drinking emoji.

SNOKT (resized).PNG

#1606 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

These are always fun! One of my first indications Fall is coming

This was not my favorite year for sure. It wasn't bad, but I wasn't really getting an Oktoberfest style vibe when drinking it.

#1618 11 months ago

Found these at Costco. $30 for 24 pounders. Dirt cheap for Sweetwater. I think I should be good for the long weekend

cheapsweetwater (resized).PNG

#1620 11 months ago
Quoted from swillie:

Never tried any of these but yeah can't go too wrong at that price. Thanks

They aren't my favorite brewer, but good beers if you like hops. I think the lowest ABV in the pack is 5.3%.

1 month later
#1657 10 months ago

The holiday season started a little earlier this year. So good.....

celebration (resized).PNG

3 months later
#1746 6 months ago

If you are in the grips of the Polar Vortex, might better stock up before it is too late.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/us/beer-delivery-midwest-trnd/index.html

2 months later
#1819 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Who makes a good berry sour that isn't overly sour? Preferably something you can purchase anywhere and not some limited release that I have to travel to timbukto to get.

My Total Wine just started carrying this. I haven't tried it, but Lagunitas usually doesn't disappoint.

https://lagunitas.com/beer/dark-swan

#1822 4 months ago

Ok, I just drank a dank beer. Yuck!!!!! I'll save the rest for the end of the night. I'm pretty sure it achieved what it was going for, just not my thing. It was kinda like licking a skunk's ass..... I think....

#1823 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'll give that a go. Thanks.

My Publix just started carrying it too. Let me know how you like it. I'm kinda enjoying a Sweetwater Sampler tonight.

#1826 4 months ago

Avoid these. Dogfish Head has something similar tasting (Sixty One) that is at least better. Nothing special about this to me though.

brut (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
#1846 3 months ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

True story: I didn't have another taste of an alcoholic beverage until I turned 34 after that beer.

My 2 greatest foes in the battle to maintain a healthy weight are craft beer and Blue Diamond almonds. If you haven't developed a taste for either, I say don't start

1 week later
#1849 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

How was it? I read some reviews and they made it sound kinda like Dogfishhead 61 which is OK and different, but not really my thing.

#1851 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It was good. I'm just getting into some of the sours, so it's hard for me to give a proper rating. I'll definitely drink the 2nd bottle of it that's in the fridge.

Cool, thanks! My Publix was cleaned out already. If I see it again, I'll grab some.

3 weeks later
#1866 79 days ago

Publix has been doing me right. I've gone from Kona B1G1 Free 6 packs to Goose Island B1G1 Free 6 packs. These aren't great, but they aren't terrible either, and they are cheap. I do envy Georgians living near a Costco. 24 packs of Terrapin Hopsecutioner are $25. 24 packs of 16 oz. tallboy Sweetwater are ~$30. Can't beat that!

1 month later
#1900 23 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

If it's anything like their sandwiches it will suck! Primanti's is one of those places that locals don't care for but out of towners love the nostalgia of it!

I can't imagine it tasting good, but I think it has potential as a marinade for chicken.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 149.00
$ 159.99
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
Operation Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.95
$ 29.00
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 269.99
$ 93.00
$ 11,500.00
£ 20.00
$ 18.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 209.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mcluvin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside