IMG_5479 (resized).png
IMG_5484 (resized).png
IMG_5708 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5568 (resized).jpeg
20231215_154517 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aaav8r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1209 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Damn , the place I usually get beer had some CBS but it was $35 a bottle . I typically don't like it when stuff like maple syrup is put into beer , so I didn't want to risk spending that much on a beer I wouldn't like . Is it overly sweet ? or are the flavours balanced nicely ? I prefer beers where the flavors from the malted barley are the centerpiece , not the adjuncts. I do like imperial stouts a lot (probably my favorite style of beer), and lately I prefer the imperial stouts that have not been aged in a bourbon barrel .

I have a Twitter account just for the local muni liquor store. They tweeted out they had CBS. Got there 19 minutes later. Sold out. I bitched about it and the cashier said “we sold out in 15 minutes”. I did end up scoring a couple of other bottles later though for $20 each. Haven’t tried it yet, but if it’s anything close to Toppling Goliath’s (impossible to get) Mornin’ Delight, it will be MAGNIFICENT!

6CEC50AA-D920-498C-ADC6-E11D19EB3BEA (resized).jpeg6CEC50AA-D920-498C-ADC6-E11D19EB3BEA (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#1285 6 years ago

Always buy an extra bomber of the smoked stouts or porters and cellar them for a year or two. It’s pretty amazing how much the smoke flavor mellows out. Pretty good chance what you will end up getting is a very well balanced flavor profile after it ages. I just picked up a couple of bombers of a Russian Imperial Stout aged in Laphroaig scotch barrels. I’ll probably try one now just to compare. I’m sure it will be a smoky peat bomb. Hoping for magical things to happen over the next year when I crack open bomber #2.

8D0B3182-94F1-4F65-BDFA-F2B96B91D53D (resized).jpeg8D0B3182-94F1-4F65-BDFA-F2B96B91D53D (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1364 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Like this one. Never had it before.

All of Prairie Artisan Ale's beers are excellent. There is also a Pirate Bomb that came out at the same time as the Pirate Noir.

Be on the lookout this summer for their Apple Brandy Noir. Stout aged in Apple Brandy barrels. It is incredible.

#1367 6 years ago

IMG_20180224_162641 (resized).jpgIMG_20180224_162641 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1409 6 years ago

Good thing the bottle says "CONTAINS ALCOHOL" or someone drinking it may never have figured it out.

1 month later
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Long day. Prairie Bomb.

Anyone had PAA’s “Apple Brandy Barrel Noir”? I had it a couple of years ago and it was one of the best BA stouts I have ever had. Haven’t seen it in a while, so I sent PAA and email. Apparently the Apple brandy barrels are very hard to come by, but PAA finally scored some last year so we are looking at a release this summer.

1 year later
#1882 4 years ago

So I'm on a little getaway in San Diego, and I'm pretty excited to get some good beers I can hardly ever get, like some RR Pliney. I hit a couple of local breweries and then looked at my Google maps for more. It was like....holy fk. I knew they had a good craft scene here, but I didn't know it was THIS good

As of July 22, 2018, San Diego County is home to 157 breweries, 35 tasting rooms and 14 brewpubs, for a grand total of 206 beer locations, 185 of which are San Diego craft beer.

So yeah.....if you book a vacay around sampling microbreweries, you may need about 6 months here.

To make a long story longer, I did stop at a couple of shops to pick up stuff I couldn't get here. I never had any beer from this brewery out of LA, but man did they ever have good beers.

I will admit, every time I looked at the name on the can, all I could think of was (second pic).

IMG_20190629_203148 (resized).jpgIMG_20190629_203148 (resized).jpgbhc-cl-mumford (resized).jpgbhc-cl-mumford (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aaav8r.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-beer?tu=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.