IMG_5479 (resized).png
IMG_5484 (resized).png
IMG_5708 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5568 (resized).jpeg
20231215_154517 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snurdley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 12 years ago

What's better than beer and pinball?

Only a few things! Recently got lucky enough to snatch a 4-pack of these,

bottle_devil-dancer.pngbottle_devil-dancer.pngWhen you dance with the Devil, the Devil don't change. You do. Massive in complexity, the huge malt character balances the insane amount of alphas used to create it. At an incredible 112 IBUs, it's dry-hopped with ten hop varieties

#24 12 years ago

Triple IPA!?? What was that like?

Really excellent! The taste is amazingly complex. Starts of with a malt sweetness (brown sugar maybe some caramel), then it goes into a ripe fruit (grapefruit and or maybe pineapple?), and it finishes with a hop slam. It really is a damn good beer if you like hops.
I also have one of these in my fridge, it's a collaboration between Dogfish Head and Three Floyds.

dfh_poppaskull.pngdfh_poppaskull.pngPoppa Skull is the reciprocation-collaboration between Dogfish Head and 3 Floyds Brewing Co. Our brothers from another out in Indiana. The first beer we did together at 3F, Popskull, was a high-gravity dark lager aged on chunks of our palo santo wood. Poppaskull is similar in abv, a sipper that will age well, also aged on wood, but very, very different in flavor and aroma.

This time around we brewed at our brewery in Milton, DE and made a deep, golden ale spiced with cardamom and fermented using a robust Belgian yeast strain. One third of the volume was then aged for 6 months in oak brandy barrels. Spice, esters, and sweet brandy dominate the aroma. A robust 10% abv is rounded by caramel and vanilla notes from the wood with a slight spiciness coming from the yeast.

Plans for distribution include, DE, IL, IN, KY, MA and WI

Enjoy!

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

That Poppa skull is quite good.

Id love to try the founders tripple IPA..!!

Im always up for beer trades if you want any beers we can get in texas ie Rahr Winter Warmer, Asskicker, Independance stash ipa , shiner, real ale etc

Hell yeah! PM me way I have all kind of great beer companies here. I'm sure we can work something out.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from Loupie:

Snurdley, you know I've got Miller & Bud Lite on ice when you come over. However, you've never asked to see any of the good stuff we keep here. I usually don't drink beer, but when I do it's...........

Loupie you've been too kind to me! Now I know what beer to bring with me next time I come out to put my initials on your machines!

2 weeks later
#59 12 years ago

Ever try this one from Sam Adams.....20% Abv!

I missed that one! I've been wanting to try Sam Adams Utopias. It has a 27% alcohol by volume , but has a price tag of around 150 dollars.

0b23f3a1-b486-412e-8890-a0c9fa3a124e.jpg0b23f3a1-b486-412e-8890-a0c9fa3a124e.jpg

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I've been drinking the great divide oak aged hero with Belgium yeast lately. Yum

NICE! I'm a big fan of the yeti's they have.

#67 12 years ago

This thread keeps coming back around

images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg

3 years later
#731 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Tried this one I have had in the fridge for awhile. Opens up in the end or second glass but not as much hop or IPA taste to me.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that one either. I love their Imperial IPA though.
images.jpegimages.jpeg

I had the chance to drink one of these recently as well,
images-1.jpegimages-1.jpeg
The Samael is 17% ABV per 12 ounce beer!

#735 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I agree. I just gave in and bought this one which is 17.1% but have not tried yet.

Nice, that's the only one from the, "Demons of ale" series that I haven't tried, even though I'm a big stout fan. The Beast is also really good.

3 weeks later
#767 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

My beers for the weekend!

Some mighty fine beers there! ST Creme Brulee is just delicious! DFH 120 minute/WW stout are also a real treat. Depending on the batch, both beer's fall between 18%-21% ABV per 12-ounce beer! Burton Baton is also really good. So many really good Dogfish Head beers out there.

#776 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

DFH 90 minute is my new "go to" beer. I've heard wonderful things about the Creme Brulee, so I'm excited! I'm hoping that I will be picking up a LOTR on Saturday...If so, one of the two beers I posted will be drank as my inaugural beer for the game!
Question...
Is it legit to arrange a "beer trade" on Pinside? Being in the midwest, there are some beers on the coasts that I'd love to try, but there's no good way to get them here.

Yeah, the 90 minute is a heady beer for sure. If you like big thick stouts, the Creme Brulee will not disappoint. Southern Tier has a bunch of really good beers by the way.

I hope you finally get your LOTR! I know you've been looking around for awhile now.

Quoted from Hougie:

Have you guys tried Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter?

I have. It's pretty decent. I usually get Torpedo when I get SN, but Hop Hunter is now up there with it IMPO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snurdley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-beer?tu=Snurdley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.