IMG_5479 (resized).png
IMG_5484 (resized).png
IMG_5708 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5568 (resized).jpeg
20231215_154517 (resized).jpg
There are 3,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 70.
#3051 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

All 12 days. Plus some bonuses
[quoted image]

Great stuff!! I had a bottle of Five Golden Rings that I won at a beer festival. Drank that WAY too fast then realized it had 11.7% ABV. I was flying high after that! Was awaesome beer though!

Chris

#3052 2 years ago
EC069A30-384F-4EB6-B6AE-39F0ADBE1CB4 (resized).jpegEC069A30-384F-4EB6-B6AE-39F0ADBE1CB4 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3053 2 years ago

TGIF , PINHEADS! The Hopslam is back .

20220107_194852 (resized).jpg20220107_194852 (resized).jpg20220107_195111 (resized).jpg20220107_195111 (resized).jpg
#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from goodtimes:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Funny how this used to be a holy grail for hopheads. The last time I had it, it wasn’t as hoppy as I remembered. Still a classic.

#3055 2 years ago

And back in can form! (which for some reason, I prefer over bottles)

#3056 2 years ago

I like beer! I brew beer. I own a small brewery.

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

I like beer! I brew beer. I own a small brewery.

what's the name of the brewery and where are you located? what is your specialty?

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:what's the name of the brewery and where are you located? what is your specialty?

we need some sample 4 packs too..

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Funny how this used to be a holy grail for hopheads. The last time I had it, it wasn’t as hoppy as I remembered. Still a classic.

Yeah, still solid.

I've been gravitating back towards more old-style IPAs/DIPAs lately, a bit burned out on all the hazebois. Last IPA I brewed recently was I think Cascade, Columbus, Simcoe.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from goodtimes:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Picked up my annual sixer, good but not great. Like Oberon I only need a couple a year. I really wish Best Brown was out all year, I never tire of that delicious offering!

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

we need some sample 4 packs too..

I agree. I would be willing to give a review!!!

Quoted from Hench4Life:

Picked up my annual sixer, good but not great. Like Oberon I only need a couple a year. I really wish Best Brown was out all year, I never tire of that delicious offering!

I just bought a case of it. so its just good and not great?

#3062 2 years ago

If you enjoy a Gose, cop this beast

1F8FC6F6-754E-4549-93A6-2893E52A808D (resized).jpeg1F8FC6F6-754E-4549-93A6-2893E52A808D (resized).jpeg
#3063 2 years ago

I just bought a case of it. so its just good and not great?

I guess that just my general opinion of hopslam, not particularly specific to this years batch. I haven’t even had one, just put them in the fridge. I’m just not as much of a fan as others, but I’m not really a huge hophead.

#3064 2 years ago

Ahh I am a dank hophead so I am sure I will like it. I have one of last years left and plan on doing a side by side to see differences lol.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Ahh I am a dank hophead so I am sure I will like it. I have one of last years left and plan on doing a side by side to see differences lol.

That’s about 10 months too long to let last year’s Hopslam sit to get a decent comparison shot!

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

That’s about 10 months too long to let last year’s Hopslam sit to get a decent comparison shot!

you'd be surprised. it's still very good and has been in the fridge since day 1.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

what's the name of the brewery and where are you located? what is your specialty?

Therapy Brewing. North Central PA. We are only a 3bbl brewery and we don't can anything. You'll have to stop in for a beer! We brew a mix of styles. No "core" beers. We always have something light on for light beer drinkers (Kolsche, pilsner, helles, blonde, etc). We always have an IPA of some variety on. And then the other 5 taps continually change.
We are the cover photo in this article. https://breweriesinpa.com/brews-with-a-view-our-top-pennsylvania-brewery-destinations/

#3068 2 years ago

I picked up a few Dogfishhead Utopia barrel World Wide Stouts.
It’s huge at 17.3% but amazingly smooth.
I highly recommend anyone who likes dark strong beer to try it.
Best beer I’ve had in a very long time!

3F36363C-EAF4-4885-9D67-162AE9CA01DF (resized).jpeg3F36363C-EAF4-4885-9D67-162AE9CA01DF (resized).jpeg
#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I picked up a few Dogfishhead Utopia barrel World Wide Stouts.
It’s huge at 17.3% but amazingly smooth.
I highly recommend anyone who likes dark strong beer to try it.
Best beer I’ve had in a very long time!
[quoted image]

I wasn't a big fan of it as I really like Utopias. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad and I would drink it again. Guess I had higher expectations of it.

If you're a fan of the Stouts start ordering beers from The Bruery. They deliver to PA and have some great beers. Their Black Tuesday is my favorite stout but it comes in at 20% abv.

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Therapy Brewing. North Central PA. We are only a 3bbl brewery and we don't can anything. You'll have to stop in for a beer! We brew a mix of styles. No "core" beers. We always have something light on for light beer drinkers (Kolsche, pilsner, helles, blonde, etc). We always have an IPA of some variety on. And then the other 5 taps continually change.
We are the cover photo in this article. https://breweriesinpa.com/brews-with-a-view-our-top-pennsylvania-brewery-destinations/

looks really nice, any pinball machines?

#3071 2 years ago

Typical thirsty Thursday but did a comparison of hopslam. Last year and this year. Last year was darker and in my opinion better. Was a good night!

05630AEF-A964-448D-ADFA-69D53AFFF77B (resized).jpeg05630AEF-A964-448D-ADFA-69D53AFFF77B (resized).jpeg388315C0-9878-4A25-85D0-3AF1946A15AE (resized).jpeg388315C0-9878-4A25-85D0-3AF1946A15AE (resized).jpeg7DCA4083-14F5-40AA-9938-BCEAAB0628AF (resized).jpeg7DCA4083-14F5-40AA-9938-BCEAAB0628AF (resized).jpegE8741153-E6F1-4DD8-AB4A-CAD6D3CE9B37 (resized).jpegE8741153-E6F1-4DD8-AB4A-CAD6D3CE9B37 (resized).jpeg
#3072 2 years ago

Eh

20211230_205703 (resized).jpg20211230_205703 (resized).jpg
#3073 2 years ago
20211210_223337 (resized).jpg20211210_223337 (resized).jpg
#3074 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Typical thirsty Thursday but did a comparison of hopslam. Last year and this year. Last year was darker and in my opinion better. Was a good night!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks like a good night of sippin'.

Last year's probably has faced some oxidation by now, could be a bit darker than it originally was by now.

#3075 2 years ago

Here’s a look at my current basement setup. Moving soon & will have some more room - have had a 2 machine setup for years, we’ll see if I stop at 3 at the new place. Probably would have been into 1-2 more if prices were more like when I got my first machine 10 years ago or so…

038EEBA5-B9BD-48F6-B8AB-D7B77A2203F1 (resized).jpeg038EEBA5-B9BD-48F6-B8AB-D7B77A2203F1 (resized).jpeg
#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Here’s a look at my current basement setup. Moving soon & will have some more room - have had a 2 machine setup for years, we’ll see if I stop at 3 at the new place. Probably would have been into 1-2 more if prices were more like when I got my first machine 10 years ago or so…
[quoted image]

Nice! Brewing your own?

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

Nice! Brewing your own?

Yeah, been at it for about *checks calendar* 15 years now?!?! Oh crap, I got old at some point.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

looks really nice, any pinball machines?

No. We barely have room for people as it is! Lol. 1100 sqft and that includes the brewery and the tasting room!

#3079 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

[quoted image]

I like the kegerator setup! (And the pins of course)

#3080 2 years ago

Been big into the craft IPAs and stouts the last 15 years, and though I still love 'em just kind of worn out on them and their calories. So I got a bug up my ass recently with Euro pilsners/pale lagers; nice malty, cold beers to slug on while playing pins that aren't too heavy on the wallet or stomach. It feels like the '90s in here again with all the green glass. Got a case each of Carlsberg, Grolsch, Bitburger, Heineken, Peroni, Stella Artois, St. Pauli Girl, Paulaner, and Weihenstephaner. Been literal decades since I had some of these and loving 'em. Heineken worse than I remember but Carlsberg better than memory. Grolsch still my favorite.

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Been big into the craft IPAs and stouts the last 15 years, and though I still love 'em just kind of worn out on them and their calories. So I got a bug up my ass recently with Euro pilsners/pale lagers; nice malty, cold beers to slug on while playing pins that aren't too heavy on the wallet or stomach. It feels like the '90s in here again with all the green glass. Got a case each of Carlsberg, Grolsch, Bitburger, Heineken, Peroni, Stella Artois, St. Pauli Girl, Paulaner, and Weihenstephaner. Been literal decades since I had some of these and loving 'em. Heineken worse than I remember but Carlsberg better than memory. Grolsch still my favorite.

I’m off and on those types like yourself. I love taking a ‘break’ from the craft beers and buying many of the easier drinking types you mentioned.
Drinking a easy drinking brown ale now. Sleemans Honey Brown (not a craft, more like a mass produced brown ale).
Cheers!
Richard

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Bitte ein Bit!

#3083 2 years ago

Devil's backbone, next to the legacy of the beast. What a pair

IMG_20220125_000023 (resized).jpgIMG_20220125_000023 (resized).jpg
#3084 2 years ago

Picked this up yesterday. A great add to the arcade fridge!

044CE357-EE57-42A8-A3BD-4C34E62BA36D (resized).png044CE357-EE57-42A8-A3BD-4C34E62BA36D (resized).png2159E189-70DB-4C9E-AF37-D52769582984 (resized).jpeg2159E189-70DB-4C9E-AF37-D52769582984 (resized).jpeg613027B2-8BC2-41BD-B8F7-344C713A58F7 (resized).jpeg613027B2-8BC2-41BD-B8F7-344C713A58F7 (resized).jpeg
#3085 2 years ago

Toppling Goliath makes some great beers! Pseudo Sue and all the variations are amazing.

#3086 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Picked this up yesterday. A great add to the arcade fridge!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you find this in MI?

#3087 2 years ago

Anyone willing to trade beer for a pin? I would be willing to let a lot of cellar go if it meant me getting a decent machine.

Here is a pic of my stouts. I started reorganization of the cellar for to some work being done near it, and I have a lot to mention.

Purple wax Assassin, various vintages and versions of BCBS, numerous hunaphu years, and many other sought after bottles. Just the stouts in this pic. I also have a nice selection of barleywine (#BIL) and sours.

20211229_202329 (resized).jpg20211229_202329 (resized).jpg
#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballJeff:

Did you find this in MI?

No I was in Ohio over the weekend and scooped it up there.

#3089 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Anyone willing to trade beer for a pin? I would be willing to let a lot of cellar go if it meant me getting a decent machine.
Here is a pic of my stouts. I started reorganization of the cellar for to some work being done near it, and I have a lot to mention.
Purple wax Assassin, various vintages and versions of BCBS, numerous hunaphu years, and many other sought after bottles. Just the stouts in this pic. I also have a nice selection of barleywine (#BIL) and sours.
[quoted image]

Looking like my cellar. Sounds like you just need to have a tasting game night.

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Looking like my cellar. Sounds like you just need to have a tasting game night.

I am getting my first pin in March. If anyone local wants to invite me over to do so, I'll bring beer.

#3091 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

I am getting my first pin in March. If anyone local wants to invite me over to do so, I'll bring beer.

If you were closer, I'd totally do it! If you're ever in the Allentown, PA area let me know

Chris

#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

right on. if it wasn't this day in age with covid, my door would be open. What pin are you getting?

#3093 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

right on. if it wasn't this day in age with covid, my door would be open. What pin are you getting?

Godzilla Pro in March. I also have a reservation for Deadpool Pro in July or August, but I haven't convinced the wife that is necessary yet. Fortunately the guy I talked to for DP didn't want a deposit, so if I don't get it, I will not be too bummed. I'll still be bummed, but less bummed than if I had put money down. But Godzilla I am getting.

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

a gargle of some nice barrel aged stout will protect against covid, let the newb play some pins , did you miss the part where he said he would bring the beer?

#3095 2 years ago

So good and discounted at the local grocery store after the holidays!

20220115_212728 (resized).jpg20220115_212728 (resized).jpg

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

[quoted image]

I thought you were joking and/or humble bragging but then I saw your post on FB too. You’ll likely have to liquidate them liquids to help fund the pin adventure. Razzle off the big $$ ones.

#3097 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I thought you were joking and/or humble bragging but then I saw your post on FB too. You’ll likely have to liquidate them liquids to help fund the pin adventure. Razzle off the big $$ ones.

The issue is that I am in Michigan, and the cold is not conductive to shipping beer. Plus the cost of shipping out a bunch of bottles, worrying if any of them break, taking the time to deal with razzles, getting enough interest for the bottles, it could take half a year or more. I may just have to look at the rare beer groups, and see what everything is worth and just use cash from that.

#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

a gargle of some nice barrel aged stout will protect against covid, let the newb play some pins , did you miss the part where he said he would bring the beer?

if the wife wasn't so high risk, he would be here tonight for thirsty thursday and wouldn't even need to bring beer. I have way to much as it is. I would show the newb the cool pinball community hospitality we have up here

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I wasn't a big fan of it as I really like Utopias. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was bad and I would drink it again. Guess I had higher expectations of it.
If you're a fan of the Stouts start ordering beers from The Bruery. They deliver to PA and have some great beers. Their Black Tuesday is my favorite stout but it comes in at 20% abv.

I don’t see many Bruery products in Pa. When I do they are expensive. Melange was good but It sounded better than it tasted.
I remember seeing Black Tuesday last year. It was almost $40. I wanted to try it but passed due to the large bottle/cost.
What do they cost in Ca. ?

I hate huge/big abv. beers in large bottles. It’s just too much for me to drink in one sitting.
8B663D76-3EBB-46DD-B656-94EF6A7DDE55 (resized).jpeg8B663D76-3EBB-46DD-B656-94EF6A7DDE55 (resized).jpeg

#3100 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

if the wife wasn't so high risk, he would be here tonight for thirsty thursday and wouldn't even need to bring beer. I have way to much as it is. I would show the newb the cool pinball community hospitality we have up here

I will have to take the offer up some time in the future. I am all of about 15 miles or so from your house I am guessing.

There are 3,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-beer/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.