IMG_5479 (resized).png
IMG_5484 (resized).png
IMG_5708 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5707 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5568 (resized).jpeg
20231215_154517 (resized).jpg
There are 3,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 70.
#101 12 years ago

Good to have some hearty liquid bread for cold months.

Pretty much!
'Brother Thelonious' is the ale that reminds me of drinking "liquid bread"...

north-coast-brother-thelonious.jpgnorth-coast-brother-thelonious.jpg

#102 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

'Brother Thelonious'

Wierd label

#103 12 years ago

Hoegaaden goes back to the year 1445 has a mellow taste without any nasty after bite

You should really give Pauwel Kwak a try when you can. But only drink it from the original glass! []

Im glad someone mentioned Hoegaarden. That beer's got caracter and is an easy-to-drink weiss bier.
I'm selling so many of them at my shop and quite a few goes down my own throat.
Also thanks to Robin for mentioning Kwak. i tested it out and liked it, so i bought 2 glasses and 2 cases. While it doesn't hit right in the center of japanese peoples beer taste it has a small but good fan base.

Anyone who is into darker type beer with strong alcohol percentage and sweet fruity taste should try Gulden Draak. a very rich beer with orange flavor. excellent companion for beef and other meat dishes. Not recommended for drinking late at night, it wil hit you hard with it's strong taste and 10-11% alc volume.
honorable mention should go to Heineken Dark. A dark beer (as the name suggest) with 5% alcohol. not sweet and much lighter in taste than guinnes. cheap and in general underrated.

_DSC0034.jpg_DSC0034.jpg gulden_draak.jpggulden_draak.jpg heineken_dark1.jpgheineken_dark1.jpg

#104 12 years ago

Well,Thats one happy drunk customer sitting at the bar
COLT 45 Malt Liquor is the BEEESSST Beer on the Planet

#105 12 years ago

Kouji san 29 years old, a rocket genius and alcoholic. he likes beer and Maki san's ...chest

#106 12 years ago
Quoted from Thunderpants:

Kouji san 29 years old, a rocket genius and alcoholic. he likes beer and Maki san's ...chest

I see that

#107 12 years ago

Any beverage with an ad like this MUST be good

billydee.jpgbillydee.jpg

#108 12 years ago

Ohh Yeah!!! and believe me it works every time...Cleaning out your system
that is

#109 12 years ago

mmm... beer

bitburger.jpgbitburger.jpg gn.jpggn.jpg lowenbru.jpglowenbru.jpg

#110 12 years ago

I'd love to get a hold of some loenbrau fest. I hear it doesn't come to the US? Looks like I'll just have to make a trip to Germany one day.

#111 12 years ago

What Blakesell said. I drank a lot of Lowenbrau when it was new. I'd actually like to try their Oktoberfest.

Deschutes Brewery from Portland, Oregon recently held their own version of "Occupy Seattle" over the last month with tastings of their newer brews. My brother-in-law Pat (a fellow pinhead and the guy who taught me how to brew beer) and I went to a number of these tastings. Black Butte XXIII is awesome, Theo Chocolates made some into a dark-chocolate-coated ganache that some chocoholics would kill for, Pat and I scored eight pint glasses and six snifters off of them and numerous free beers from the sales reps when they saw us coming back to other events. Apparently they value the opinions of homebrewers more than the hipsters. This is a welcome change.

There was the tasting at the Brave Horse Tavern where whoever it was who was manning the taps had no idea of the potency of what they were pouring and served rather big cups (bigger than the previous day's) of the better brews. Didn't take much before we were done. Wonderful grilling was happening as well. We went upstairs to the actual tavern and tried some of what they had. Pat had a smoked-ham-and-gouda on a sliced pretzel and said it was phenomenal. I had Iron Horse Brewery's High Five Hefe. I was expecting the usual clove-and-banananana hefeweizen flavors but instead got hits of honey and ginger. That got my vote, I've been trying to brew a good ginger brew for years and these guys hit exactly what I'd been searching for.

Then we tried Saison Of The Witch, which uses wild fennel and 120 lbs. of pureed pumpkin in one batch. Probably the best pumpkin beer we'd ever had. Totally changed our minds about pumpkin beer.

Right now I have a Nuptial IPA in the fridge, which is a fresh-hop brew. It's probably the best IPA I've ever brewed. The Seattle Pinball League also thought so too. 5 gallons disappearing in under two hours, well, that says it all, eh?

#112 12 years ago

Look what I found in the wild with my beer

IMAG0203.jpgIMAG0203.jpg

#113 12 years ago

I'm a Coor's Lt man,, but , how about a Samuel Jackson .. Umm Umm B#*ch !!!

#114 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm a Coor's Lt man,, but , how about a Samuel Jackson .. Umm Good B#*ch !!!

I LOVE that skit!! "You'll be f**kin' fat girls in no time"

#115 12 years ago

Anyone ever had banana bread beer? I tried some tonight..not to bad.

#116 12 years ago

Good ones!

IMAG0144.jpgIMAG0144.jpg

#117 12 years ago

Drinking a Harpoon UFO Pumpkin draft as I type this. Highly recommended.

#118 12 years ago

Drinking Blue Moon Summer Honey wheat as i type this...was on sell...wonder why

#119 12 years ago
Quoted from Steve-in-CT:

Drinking a Harpoon UFO Pumpkin draft as I type this. Highly recommended.

Sounds nice!

#120 12 years ago

Drinking Estrella Inedit as I type this!
Glugglugglugglug...

estrella-inedit.jpgestrella-inedit.jpg

Now, I'll wash it down with some Tombstone pizza!

IMG_0374.jpgIMG_0374.jpg

7 months later
#121 11 years ago

I tried Brooklyn Summer Ale - better then average

BrooklynSummerAle_(596x800).jpgBrooklynSummerAle_(596x800).jpg

#122 11 years ago

I tried Brooklyn Summer Ale - better then average

Brooklyn makes some nice beer. i had them a while back in the bar.
Right now i'm selling Corsendonk from Belgium. A light colored ale beer with a Hoegaarden like citrus and koriander taste, only higher alcohol content (7.5%) and heavier taste. you can drink it with or without the cloudy sediment in the bottom of the bottle.

_DSC0112small.jpg_DSC0112small.jpg

#123 11 years ago

I had this the other night

Best beer ever. Westvleteren 12

1338090803234.jpg1338090803234.jpg

#124 11 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

My 3 favorites are 1.Full Beer 2. Cold Beer 3. Free Beer

Well said. In the style of gauntlet. Red wizard needs beer badly...

Love any mirco-brew. No piss beer here.

#125 11 years ago

Well I like to think I like beer.....

Just tapped a keg of a gumball head clone that i brewed. Got a very tart raspberry wheat that I'm going to keg this weekend and also going to start a lawnmower ale to round out the 3rd tap of our kegerator....

#126 11 years ago

Gotta love the Flying Saucer

#127 11 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Well I like to think I like beer.....
Just tapped a keg of a gumball head clone that i brewed. Got a very tart raspberry wheat that I'm going to keg this weekend and also going to start a lawnmower ale to round out the 3rd tap of our kegerator....

really the only beer I drink regularly is bud light.....but.......am more a jaeger fan....have had my fair share of jaeger bombs lol

#128 11 years ago

Saki Bombs, Tecate, Corona and Coors Light...

#129 11 years ago

Iceman. Let me know when you're at the Austin saucer. I'll come meet up. I have 7 plates and wrote the android app
for them

#130 11 years ago

Two beer fridges in the garage, both packed. Got a beer can collection spanning 70 years, tried countless good beers, and live in the New York metro area which is one of the better places in the world to get damn good beer from around the world. No complaints.

#131 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Iceman. Let me know when you're at the Austin saucer. I'll come meet up. I have 7 plates and wrote the android app
for them

Will do! 7 plates....Wow

#132 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I'm not talking crappy ass bud light or the like. I'm talking about rare complex high alcohol yumminess.

Nope, no stomach for rthick beers anymore...carbs counts and all. Straight Miller Lite for me.

#133 11 years ago

@ Thunderpants... When can I come visit?

Anyways.

Hop Heaven:

DSC00011_1.jpgDSC00011_1.jpg

#134 11 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I had this the other night
Best beer ever. Westvleteren 12

did you get a good hook up for that or did they finally start distributing that stuff state side? last i heard you could only get it directly from the brewery and a few select bars in belgium.

i love beer. all kinds. my personal favorite cheap beer is stag. don't know anywhere outside of missouri where you can find it, but definitely the best cheap beer. has the most beer like flavor.

as for good beer, sam adams, schlafly, and boulevard come to mind. started home brewing a few months ago and been brewing about 2-3 batches a month. totally worth it if you have the time and space to do it. you can get really good quality beer for as little as 60 cents a bottle.

#135 11 years ago

Dommer I have the hookup.
I can get about 3 bottles of 12 a year.
I'm still waiting to get my hands on an 8 or 10th

Schlafley is a great brewery

#136 11 years ago

Any one trade beers? I got some goodies

#137 11 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

@ Thunderpants... When can I come visit?

Any time, i'll even throw in 25% pinside discount for you or anyone else. there's nothing like the good old combo of pinball, beer and a noisy rocket launch.
btw congratulations to SpaceX on the successful re-entry!

#138 11 years ago

IPA man all the way.My favorite is Avery India Pale Ale.Also like Victory Hop Devil,Troegs Nugget Nectar, and others.Scott

#139 11 years ago

Firebaall said:@ Thunderpants... When can I come visit?
Any time, i'll even throw in 25% pinside discount for you or anyone else. there's nothing like the good old combo of pinball, beer and a noisy rocket launch.
btw congratulations to SpaceX on the successful re-entry!

Where's your place? Scanned the post but can't find your info...

#140 11 years ago

ahh the beer thread, how I've missed it.

I do trade beer on occasion, but I trade it face to face, so unless you texans have something really fantastic, I'm not moving my stuff. I have too much beer and too many connections to export too far out (much like some pin hoarders I know).

My other problem with beer trading and shipping is quality, and plausible damage when shipping, especially to hot climates. IPA's would suffer severely.

Last night I had a couple different ones, this sour thing: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/25923/70745

and this not so sour thing, which I wouldn't call an IPA: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/689/43073

#141 11 years ago

I am owner of a small pub, so beer and pinballs are my life.^^

I have only 3 types of beer in my pub, I know that isn't much but believe me it is enough and they are cool and fresh from the keg: Bitburger Pils, Erdinger Hefe Weizen and a Köstritzer black beer.
http://www.erdinger.de
http://www.koestritzer.de
http://www.bitburger.de

So all I have to say is: Long live the keg!^^

The best beer commercial is from Guinness:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wlrz_best-beer-guinness-commercial_fun

#142 11 years ago

Wow, what a great thread. I thought I had tried most of the beers out there, guess I was wrong. What a great selection you have all shown, I have never seen most of these beers. I personally love Guinness, but check out these beers with comical names.

// Error: Image 29608 not found // Boner_Beer_Carton_Sample.jpgBoner_Beer_Carton_Sample.jpg Flying_Dog_Doggie_Style_Classic_Pale_A.jpgFlying_Dog_Doggie_Style_Classic_Pale_A.jpg

#143 11 years ago

Asael, if I only had 3 draft beer choices, I would be pretty happy with that selection. Here in the states if we have 3 choices it's bud, miller, coors.

In which case, maybe I'll have a water.

#144 11 years ago

Try Sam Adam's Summer Ale. Make sure you squeeze some lemon in it.

OUTSTANDING.

#145 11 years ago

Any time, i'll even throw in 25% pinside discount for you or anyone else.

Sweet! That airfair to the Southern tip of Japan is a killer though.

Beer and pins are one of life's great combos.

#146 11 years ago

Im in for the Japan trip!!!

私はビールが大好き!

2 months later
#147 11 years ago

Tonight New Castle Brown Ale vs Sam Adams Boston Ale
-so far tied

New_C.jpgNew_C.jpg Sam_A.jpgSam_A.jpg

#148 11 years ago

there's nothing like the good old combo of pinball, beer and a noisy rocket launch.

Do they launch rockets outside your bar?

#149 11 years ago

Trappist ale fo life!

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

I like Boddingtons Pub Ale been drinking it for a few years nowa legal pint not like a shy pint (14.5 oz) that that other 'can' sells next to.

Yes one of my favorites. I actually was able to find this one as well in a bottle in Penn PA back in the day to add to my collection. I have been collecting beer since the age of 17. I have just about a total of 10,000 differnt kinds of beer. When I got to 500 we started to peel them off the bottle. I started to put all the labels in 24in. by 36in. frames. Of course some are in boxes. Pictures will follow once I figure out how to upload them and take some. Yes, I have drank most of them at least 95%. Beer and pinball I truly enjoy. If I could only invest in a brewery some day. Yes, I enjoy the regulars beers (Bud Light, etc.) but I like to have some IPA's to dark beers as well. Great topic besides my other favorite Jack On the Rocks.

There are 3,476 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-beer/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.