IMG_5741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5569 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5568 (resized).jpeg
20231215_154517 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20231212_221830 (resized).jpg
20231212_221824 (resized).jpg

There are 3,470 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 70.
#1101 6 years ago

Hi, I like this blond :
Britt2 (resized).jpgBritt2 (resized).jpg
and it can also be found in this nice set :
Britt1 (resized).jpgBritt1 (resized).jpg

#1102 6 years ago

What do you guys think of temperature? Most people in the U.S. throw all their beer in the fridge no matter what it is. Try big imperial stouts, barleywine, old ale, and Belgian strong ales closer to room temperature. Most beers that are lower in alcohol or lighter in color taste better colder. Pilsner, pale ales, lower abv ipas, even Belgian Tripels are nice on the colder side, but never ice cold. Serving beer ice cold numbs your taste buds, so if you have an awesome Belgian beer you have been waiting to try, you might as well let it warm up for an hour or so or it's a waste. If you want a thirst quencher, there are plenty of good beers for that too, like Franziskaner Hefe.

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

What do you guys think of temperature? Most people in the U.S. throw all their beer in the fridge no matter what it is. Try big imperial stouts, barleywine, old ale, and Belgian strong ales closer to room temperature. Most beers that are lower in alcohol or lighter in color taste better colder. Pilsner, pale ales, lower abv ipas, even Belgian Tripels are nice on the colder side, but never ice cold. Serving beer ice cold numbs your taste buds, so if you have an awesome Belgian beer you have been waiting to try, you might as well let it warm up for an hour or so or it's a waste. If you want a thirst quencher, there are plenty of good beers for that too, like Franziskaner Hefe.

Agree, a lot of beers are better around room temperature. What i have been doing is chilling a glass and then pouring the beer, that is room temperature, into the chilled glass.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

What do you guys think of temperature?

Agreed. I especially like to drink barrel aged stouts close to room tempature to release the nose on them as well as open the flavor profile up.

Lately its been Mash and French Toast by the Bruery which almost comes off like Pancake Syrup with some oak and a little Bourbon

--Jeff

#1105 6 years ago

I went to the Bruery few months ago and they make some very good beers!!!

#1106 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Yeah I would say the majority of beers I enjoy are better closer to room temperature .

1 week later
#1107 6 years ago

2015 Straffe Hendrik Heritage Ale

IMG_7999[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7999[1] (resized).JPG

#1108 6 years ago

Beer drinker checking in. Any Austin-area Pinsiders going to the Craft Brewer's Festival this weekend?

2 weeks later
#1109 6 years ago

Warm or room temperature beer? You guys are weird. Lol. Just kidding, to each their own.

I throw room temp beers into the back of the freezer for 20 minutes and they're perfect! 30 and they're a little slushy. I have my wife trained that if she hears the microwave timer go off to go check the freezer for beers

#1110 6 years ago

Hard to beat the overall value in this one. $12 and it tastes like it should be $20

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Hard to beat the overall value in this one. $12 and it tastes like it should be $20

+1. First time I had Bernardus was a decade ago on tap. Still have the branded goblet it came in at the bar. Love their Christmas ale too.

#1112 6 years ago

I was at oktoberfest in munich a few weeks ago. Thats off the bucket list. What a great time. Drinking 10am to 10pm with no hangover. Don't think I had a hangover once with 11 days of serious drinking. Only 1 day in munich though. Nothing like pounding beers with a 90 year old uncle until 2am. Time to switch out the summer stock, blood orange ales, for the winter ales. Not a fan of the pumpkin ales though. Local brewery, flounders makes an awesome coffee stout. I was at a party a few months ago and had 3 troegs from the tap. I was seeing double. I can drink all day in europe, but 3 troegs knocked me on my ass for some reason.

#1113 6 years ago

Having a Zima tonight. I know it is not beer...it is zomething different

IMG_1479 (resized).JPGIMG_1479 (resized).JPG

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Having a Zima tonight. I know it is not beer...it is zomething different

Ever put a jolly rancher in one, that was the think to do back in the days so I heard in high school

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Ever put a jolly rancher in one, that was the think to do back in the days so I heard in high school

Lol, sadly I did back in college. Honestly i could not tell much of a difference with or without. I don't have any lying around to try again.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

Lol, sadly I did back in college. Honestly i could not tell much of a difference with or without. I don't have any lying around to try again.

Buy a bag and double them up inside curious to know if it’s works as I never had one with or without them

#1117 6 years ago

Excellent beer, and these are only 9$ or so a bomber at Costco...

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Excellent beer, and these are only 9$ or so a bomber at Costco...

Damn NC beer mark ups! :-)This is my current favorite starter beer.
Taste almost like you are drinking a dry hopped triple but at only 6.5% you actually still do that later.

#1119 6 years ago

Time to sail the high seas.

#1120 6 years ago

Here's what's currently in the beer fridge in my gameroom... still plenty of hops in there, I love imperial IPAs, but as the weather dips the stouts will start taking over.

IMG_1466 (resized).JPGIMG_1466 (resized).JPG

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Here's what's currently in the beer fridge in my gameroom... still plenty of hops in there, I love imperial IPAs, but as the weather dips the stouts will start taking over.

Looking good in there. The DKML is pretty smooth for a 14% Malt liquor. Let’s start with that
The Mayan Mocha Stout sounds good too. Haven’t had that yet.
I am heading back to 2013.
It was a lousy year for me. My old trusty shop truck blew up,someone bought my old shop and canceled the lease(didn’t give a renewal option after 8 years there), my older brother died unexpectedly at 43,my youngest son was hospitalized and diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.All in that order !
Anyway I plan on erasing that year every chance I get so I am starting here but there is a long ways to go

#1122 6 years ago

I am heading back to 2013.
It was a lousy year for me. My old trusty shop truck blew up,someone bought my old shop and canceled the lease(didn’t give a renewal option after 8 years there), my older brother died unexpectedly at 43,my youngest son was hospitalized and diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.All in that order !
Anyway I plan on erasing that year every chance I get so I am starting here but there is a long ways to go

Dude sorry to hear all this, we need to dip into my cellar for the beers I'd offer you for dealing with all that bad mojo.

The Mayan Mocha is brewed with coffee nutmeg chocolate and habanero peppers. I always keep some stocked. They make a bourbon barrel aged version...haven't seen that one in a long time but found Imperial Mayan just this week which I'm eager to try. That BBA Old Stock looks fantastic... i've only starting cellaring beers this year so have not had the chance to appreciate what a few years age can do.

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Dude sorry to hear all this, we need to dip into my cellar for the beers I'd offer you for dealing with all that bad mojo.
The Mayan Mocha is brewed with coffee nutmeg chocolate and habanero peppers. I always keep some stocked. They make a bourbon barrel aged version...haven't seen that one in a long time but found Imperial Mayan just this week which I'm eager to try. That BBA Old Stock looks fantastic... i've only starting cellaring beers this year so have not had the chance to appreciate what a few years age can do.

Thanks was a tough year and I couldn’t help reflecting on it when I popped that cork but most of that stuff is water under the bridge now or never will be anyway
The Mayan sounds good. Balancing the sweet with the spicy. There are a couple similar beers around here but the names escape me right now.
I am moving on to 2014. Was a much better year.

#1124 6 years ago

Going commando tonight .

20171021_193130 (resized).jpg20171021_193130 (resized).jpg

#1125 6 years ago

This is tasting really special, I plan to put some away for a year or two but I don't know if I can keep my hands off it that long.

IMG_1415 (resized).JPGIMG_1415 (resized).JPG

#1126 6 years ago

Power outage so picking beers from the cellar

IMG_8054 (resized).JPGIMG_8054 (resized).JPG

#1127 6 years ago

Giving this one a try tonight.

#1128 6 years ago

meSz "Power Outage"...like you needed a reason

#1129 6 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

meSz "Power Outage"...like you needed a reason

Sounded good at the time!!! Plus I blame Chris (HEP) for all of this!!!

#1130 6 years ago

Another great Michigan craft beer tonight...

IMG_1510 (resized).JPGIMG_1510 (resized).JPG

#1131 6 years ago

My dealer had my fix a few weeks ago, Still enjoying it

20171012_123316.jpg20171012_123316.jpg

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Lucky !! Sure wish I could get some of that here. Maybe it's possible but I've not seen it.

#1133 6 years ago

Hopefully In Bev hasn’t ruined Wicked Weed yet.
We shall see

#1134 6 years ago

Hopefully In Bev hasn’t ruined Wicked Weed yet.

Ive found that most of the buy ups haven't changed the craft of the beer. I do despise big brewing tho.

Hows that one?

--Jeff

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ive found that most of the buy ups haven't changed the craft of the beer. I do despise big brewing tho.
Hows that one?
--Jeff

Pretty good so far. Like most stouts the flavors are popping a bit more as it warms. Pretty boozie too. I would say it is a bit classier or more refined tasting than Dragons Milk but definitely on that order.

1 week later
#1136 6 years ago

Local brewer Jack’s Abby (Framingham, MA). Good stuff.

FD9125D1-000E-4400-8BCA-67EB710D7F8B (resized).jpegFD9125D1-000E-4400-8BCA-67EB710D7F8B (resized).jpeg

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

This is tasting really special, I plan to put some away for a year or two but I don't know if I can keep my hands off it that long.

This is one of those beers that seems like it would age well, but unfortunately it does not. It is one of my favorite seasonal releases, but honestly it gains nothing in the cellar, and lost the sharp edges that I enjoyed when it was fresh. No need to keep your hands off, save some bourbon county instead, that needs some time to mellow out!

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

This is one of those beers that seems like it would age well, but unfortunately it does not. It is one of my favorite seasonal releases, but honestly it gains nothing in the cellar, and lost the sharp edges that I enjoyed when it was fresh. No need to keep your hands off, save some bourbon county instead, that needs some time to mellow out!

That's good to know, thank you for telling me. All Backwoods Bastards, into the beer fridge!

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I'm lucky to live about 30 minutes away from the Factory. Now that they have the new facility up and running I can get Headdy Topper in almost every grocery store/ gas station in my town. Life is good.

#1140 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I can get Headdy Topper in almost every grocery store/ gas station in my town. Life is good.

OOOh. up for a trade?

--Jeff

#1141 6 years ago

These Dank Juices are all pretty tasty!

IMG_1571 (resized).JPGIMG_1571 (resized).JPG

#1142 6 years ago

It is November ! Goodbye pumpkin beers. Hello Christmas releases.

#1143 6 years ago

It is November ! Goodbye pumpkin beers. Hello Christmas releases.

Never been a fan of the pumpkin beers. Got me some Sierra Nevada Celebration a couple days ago. Feels like Christmas already

#1144 6 years ago

Only tried Griffin Claw BBA Screaming Pumpkin and it was remarkable.

#1145 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Never been a fan of the pumpkin beers. Got me some Sierra Nevada Celebration a couple days ago. Feels like Christmas already

The pumpkin beers always seem too sweet or have an off coconut flavor according to my taste .Also not a fan of coconut so that is why I don’t like the carryover into the pumpkin.

I did have a great Sierra Nevada Narwhal earlier this week too. F552874B-98EB-4777-82C2-6E786C2C6FC6 (resized).jpegF552874B-98EB-4777-82C2-6E786C2C6FC6 (resized).jpeg

#1146 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Only tried Griffin Claw BBA Screaming Pumpkin and it was remarkable.

Thanks for letting me know about this one. Really enjoying it.

7D6B336E-A3E8-4210-90BC-C8FD23B590D8 (resized).jpeg7D6B336E-A3E8-4210-90BC-C8FD23B590D8 (resized).jpeg

#1147 6 years ago

IMG-20171103-WA0009 (resized).jpegIMG-20171103-WA0009 (resized).jpeg

Oops, the cup is empty already!

#1148 6 years ago

b72da84fd8c90e0a190b377fbb2f21de7abf3a4a (resized).jpgb72da84fd8c90e0a190b377fbb2f21de7abf3a4a (resized).jpg

#1149 6 years ago

Founders makes some nice beers, so does Victory, as well as Market Garden, and then again so do a LOT of quality places in the US. Get out and visit your local crafty brewer, and his establishment. Yes, its over 10 that its a guy brewing it, marketing it, packaging it, producing the ingredients in it, etc. The exception may be serving it. You can blame it all on witchcraft.

#1150 6 years ago

jack daniels beer? WhA?

There are 3,470 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 70.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-beer/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.