(Topic ID: 247872)

Who likes amusement parks?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What chain of amusement parks do you like best?”

• Six Flags 13 votes
      19%
    • Cedar Fair 20 votes
      29%
    • Disney 36 votes
      52%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    knotts (resized).jpg
    cycle_chase_2_283 (resized).jpg
    3de19c797297b366fbb20b8c64747c5a (resized).jpg
    chase_cycle (resized).jpg
    61E4C6E1-2B53-423E-BB5D-31801F4D0D90 (resized).jpeg
    43796432-8171-440C-A173-D162B4D1BA4E (resized).jpeg
    image.gif
    QuarrelsomeLittleFalcon-size_restricted.gif
    MVIMG_20180717_191818-EFFECTS (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago

I have a kind of weird History.

I grew up Enjoying Coney Island, Rockaway, Ocean City, Rye, Hershey, and Palisades Amusement Park.

In 1973, we moved to Orlando, and enjoyed the early Park, as it was Magic.

In 1976, I worked as a character in the Bicentennial Parade, where I met my wife when we were 15!

My brother worked there then, and later in life in TV Production and Lead Attorney. He did the same for the building of Universal,
    and I would visit him on construction site which was wild to watch! His Ex is still working there!

Many years of my life enjoying Parks, finding my Love and life partner, taking our kids and extended families, and soon my Granddaughter!

Its great These Parks and all those in PA an Midwest are still Running!

(I rode a float, like the one in the pic, and my wife was a suffragette. 30 pond costumes, no cooling, in the heat! Brutal!!)
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I plan on going to Universal in Orlando later this year...
    Any tips or tricks for that one?
    Which ticket should I buy?
    Planning on one full day there.
    I’ve been to a few Disney parks but this is my first universal park trip.

Be at the gate, at opening time.
    Plan your route, while allowing family decisions....(shopping is great, but carrying it all day isnt)
    LOTS of water.

Others I hope will share tickets, and "lines"....While all coasters, Harry Potter" get packed.
    Unless you are young enough, 9 AM rollercoasters can be hard on some.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I sat next to a Disney cast member on the plane ride home, and she said she only got to go on Avatar once the entire year she was there and she still sat in line all day; crazy.

As a former cast member, in the past, there was more respect, support, and perks for cast members, regardless of position.
    Almost all are gone, including many executive perks.
    Cost cutting, as it also began to get abused.....Cast members taking money to get others in, overuse of Golf, fishing, and Hotel...drinks, etc.

#100 4 years ago

I was just sharing home movies last night, and caught my brother and I riding the Steeple chase at Pirates World in Florida 1969.
    Looks like the ride above.....just a leather lap strap, and if you didnt hold on, you fell off!
    I think the one in Florida came from Coney Island!

I have enjoyed researching, years ago the History of Amusement Parks, and how a Trip to Dreamland may have inspired Disney!
    It was one of the first large scale use of Electric Lightbulbs!
    Many rides would not be allowed today....A giant spinning Wooden Bowl, shocking ladies with a cattle Prod!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    1 week later
    #108 4 years ago

Universal Orlando says it's building another theme park called "Universal's Epic Universe" — the largest theme park investment in the Orlando area in 20 years. 750 Acres!

#152 4 years ago

Best Way for Pinsiders to Enjoy Florida theme Parks.....Come to IAPPA in November, Enjoy our Local Freeplay Pin show, and the Parks are mostly empty
    before Thanksgiving, its cooler, and the clocks havent changed yet, while the Holiday Lights are also up.
    One of the Best ways to Enjoy so much here going on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-amusement-parks?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.