(Topic ID: 247872)

Who likes amusement parks?

By JohnnyPinball007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What chain of amusement parks do you like best?”

• Six Flags 13 votes
      19%
    • Cedar Fair 20 votes
      29%
    • Disney 36 votes
      52%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    knotts (resized).jpg
    cycle_chase_2_283 (resized).jpg
    3de19c797297b366fbb20b8c64747c5a (resized).jpg
    chase_cycle (resized).jpg
    61E4C6E1-2B53-423E-BB5D-31801F4D0D90 (resized).jpeg
    43796432-8171-440C-A173-D162B4D1BA4E (resized).jpeg
    image.gif
    QuarrelsomeLittleFalcon-size_restricted.gif
    MVIMG_20180717_191818-EFFECTS (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AndHart120.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago

Roller coasters have been my main hobby for the last 20 years. I just got back from a trip to Cedar Point, Kennywood, Waldameer Park, and Conneaut Lake Park this past weekend. Although I’m most into roller coasters, the parks I like most are visiting both Disney locations in the US (WDW and DL). Outside of Disney I highly recommend Cedar Point for their wide selection of roller coasters, and places like Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Silver Dollar City and Dollywood for the overall package (Rides, Food, Shows, Scenery).

Here are some of my favorite roller coasters....

Steel:

Steel Vengeance- Cedar Point
    Fury 325- Carowinds
    Superman- Six Flags New England
    Iron Rattler- Six Flags Fiesta Texas
    Phantoms Revenge- Kennywood
    Goliath- Six Flags over Georgia

Wood:

Lightning Rod- Dollywood
    Voyage- Holiday World
    Outlaw Run- Silver Dollar City
    El Toro- Six Flags Great Adventure
    Boulder Dash- Lake Compounce
    Ravine Flyer II- Waldameer

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from yaksplat:

Wow. That's nuts. On my last trip, i rode it three times. I did wait an hour once though.

All you need to do is get in line for Avatar 5 minutes before the park closes. Line will be under 45 minutes, maybe much shorter.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

We have a dining pass that covers all Six Flags parks, but anywhere else we go we get our hand stamped about 2pm and drive to Golden Corral. Luckily most parks have a Golden Corral within 5 miles. Cedar Point had one of the last Ryan's nearby, I recently looked at google and it looks like a Golden Corral went into that same location.

Really? Golden Corral? Yikes.

If you want to save money on food outside CP there is a place called Diannas Restaurant and Deli not too far away. Decent food for pretty cheap.

I have a Six Flags pass but I won’t get the dining plan. The food at most parks is crap and if I’m in a city that I am not normally in there is usually some place outside the park I want to eat at anyway. Silver Dollar City and Dollywood have some of the best food at any park anywhere. I’ll always eat in the park there which is also good since it would take up too much time to leave and come back due to their locations and parking lot situations.

#85 4 years ago

Oh Universal is great too! We will be making our yearly trek down this October for Halloween Horror Nights, easily the best park Halloween event. The great thing about HHN is most everything you’d want to ride in Universal is open during the event, and it is MUCH cheaper than normal park hours (if going multiple days). If you aren’t into Halloween/Horror though this is NOT for you!

This also doesn’t include Islands of Adventure so if you’d like to do the rides over there including Hulk, Spider-Man, and the Harry Potter rides at that park you’d need to go there too.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

The Halloween horror nights are definitely awesome. But what’s not awesome are the lines for the haunted houses even with a fast pass or whatever they call it for the Halloween horror nights. THEY ARE STILL LONG!!! But still, it is really cool how the park is changed at night. My girlfriend will not go again. I think she shit her pants at least 30 times the night we went. And that was from just walking the park, not the actual haunted houses (which there are several). If you like Halloween, you will love this!

Just like anything else....there is a way to get through most houses with short waits. I have not ever bought the express pass either. You have to be at the front gate at least 30 mins prior to Horror Nights opening. Don’t ever go on a Saturday either! Once the gates open head toward the houses that aren’t anywhere near the front gate and you can do maybe 5 of them with an hour or so. By that time, most of the crowds will be in the park. Check the times on the houses you haven’t done and if they are all long skip them for now and do rides. The houses with the longer lines will be much shorter at the end of the night (12am-2am) and you can get some more then. You can also go back another day and knock out the ones by the front gate.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

At Universal right now. The new Hagrids coaster is awesome. My biggest surprise though was the Volcano Bay water park. They have a water roller coaster which is neat ant the big drops out of the Volcano are legit. You stand in a tube and the floor drops out from under you. Sick.
    For coaster fans the only decent ones are hulk and rip rocket. The rest of the rides are technical marvels but not traditional coasters.

Mummy is also a coaster. I won’t count the smaller ones here.

Fast & Furious is a technical POS lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AndHart120.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-likes-amusement-parks?tu=AndHart120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.