Topic poll

“Who keeps their boxes?”

• I keep my boxes 10 votes
    32%
  • No way and no room to keep 21 votes
    68%

(31 votes)

#1 1 year ago

I have two boxes in my unfinished storage room. One NIB LE and another that wasn’t NIB for me but was passed along in a sale (an LE but doesn’t say so on the box). Thought it would be cool to keep these boxes but now I’m looking to clear space. Will hold onto them for as long as I can but is it a thing for people to keep their boxes?

I’d like to remodel the storage room to make it a usable space so the boxes may need to get addressed in the near future.

#2 1 year ago

I don’t save them. If I really needed some I would go to my distributor and ask him to save me some. most of mine get cut up and recycled, but a couple went to my nephew so he could build a fort in his basement.

#3 1 year ago

I keep some for house projects like painting or using them as a slideable surface when picking up other pins.

#4 1 year ago

Other than a few that got turned into forts when the kids were little, I used to keep most of them. I have 4 in the attic currently, but I'll probably get rid of all except an Alvin G & Co. box, as that one is basically a collectible at this point and part of the museum memorabilia.

#5 1 year ago

Not me. Maybe a cut piece showing the game name and serial number. Otherwise they're cut up for painting projects, oil drips and to set between the head and cabinet when folding up a game.

#6 1 year ago

I cut them up and repurpose them for shipping materials, kids school projects, bed liners on my truck when I’m moving games etc.
If I saved the boxes for everything I bought, I would live in a house full of cardboard boxes.

#7 1 year ago

only have had one NIB, keep the box for now but up out of the way in the garage attic.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Not me. Maybe a cut piece showing the game name and serial number. Otherwise they're cut up for painting projects, oil drips and to set between the head and cabinet when folding up a game.

This ^^^^^^^^^
Phoebe

#9 1 year ago

I keep all for when I need a large continuous piece of cardboard. They are great for storing and flattening cabinet art for pinball and video. I usually have kept one cut down side with the company, name and serial that I put in poster frames once and a while. Most are helping flatten cab art right now or contributed to painting projects etc.

AC/DC and Metallica made great forts so didn't become posters.

#10 1 year ago

Don’t save them at all for me.

#11 1 year ago

Garage Mats,Paint Drip things,Truck Bed - Floor liner dealy

#12 1 year ago

Given the cost of games, you might need the boxes to live in at some point, so take that for what its worth.

#13 1 year ago

Good lord no. The few times I've had NIB the cardboard is out of there day one. I dunno what kind of space you have, but every extra bit I have is either games or tools or workshop. Storing some useless cardboard isn't on the list.

If you want to keep it do you, no one who buys your games later will be impressed if you tell them it comes with the original cardboard.

#14 1 year ago

I re-use every one of them, to ship another game.
Including the foams.

Usually have to ask friends for more

#15 1 year ago

I toss ‘em!

#16 1 year ago

You better think twice about tossing that box! Don’t want to miss out on a NoB sale!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/should-nob-sales-be-required-to-provide-the-box

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Interactive
NinjaCamp Mods
Interactive
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Austin, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
Toys/Add-ons
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Mission, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-keeps-their-boxes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.