(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenlayton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

Holy cow! That guy swiped tons of stuff. He's definitely got lots of Randy Fromm's copyrighted material on there including his big blue book. Someone needs to contact Randy.

#163 6 years ago

Randy:

I used the website history in my Firefox browser and the website is still operating (right now) and your big blue content is still there.

#208 6 years ago

Randy: some of your stuff is still there. I've sent you a PM with the active links to your material.

I noticed his website has the FAQS and Contact links removed now. Fortunately, Google still has them:

https://www.wildcardamusements.com/faqs

https://www.wildcardamusements.com/form__map

#211 6 years ago

Clay:

The old links I had to your material on his site all stop with the sign-in page:

https://www.wildcardamusements.com/blank-c1rea

So your stuff is likely still there, but a person needs to be signed in to access it.

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

This is true, however the problems that you guys are having are because of this info straight from copyright laws on the books.
    Copyright applies only to certain copyrightable subject matter, codified within 17 U.S.C. § 102. Works that are not "original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression" are not subject to copyright. 17 U.S.C. § 102(b) codifies that copyright protection does not extend to ideas, procedures, processes, systems, etc. Facts may not be copyrighted. "Useful articles" may not be copyrighted. Useful articles includes typeface designs (Eltra Corp. v. Ringer), fashion designs, blank forms, titles, names, short phrases, slogans, lists of ingredients and contents, domain names and band names.
    I hate to say that maybe instructional info falls under "useful articles"
    -Mike

But photographs, drawings, line art are copyrighted. Randy has copyrighted all his photographs contained in his material.

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I have never seen Randys stuff so my thoughts mean nothing. I do think in this day in age if you put info on the web you have to expect someone to steal and display the "whatever it is" as their own for profit. I remember all to well learning about plagiarism when I was in school. This seems to fit that idea.
    -Mike

But Randy has NEVER put the material in question on the internet.

#227 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Like schematics. Not copyrightable.

Tell that to Gottlieb Development LLC.

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

YouTube channel is now gone.

Yup, I just looked and his video channel is now gone.

Has anyone checked Dailymotion or vimeo to see if he's popped up over there?

#318 6 years ago

Randy:

I sent you another PM. There is still some of your material on their website.

#338 6 years ago

Looks like the website is gone!

The Wildcard Amusements facebook page is still up. Anyone care to leave comments there?

https://www.facebook.com/wildcardamusements/

#344 6 years ago

I see a few of you have left some comments on the Wildcard Amusements facebook page.

1 week later
    #365 6 years ago

Uh oh, it's baaack!

Looks like the website has been restored and I still see Clay's pictures there.

And here's something interesting, now Randy Fromm's website has vanished! Randy's email is bouncing too.

#376 6 years ago

I just got off the phone with Randy Fromm. He didn't know his randyfromm.com website was down, but does now. He said he'd get that taken care of. Right now the site is down and all emails to him at that address are bouncing.

As to Wildcard Amusements, he's going to check it out. I did notice that when you check out some of the links at Wildcard, some of the pictures have been changed.

#424 6 years ago

Who's pictures are these? Clay's? Randy's? Or have they been swiped from right here at Pinside?

https://www.wildcardamusements.com/page4

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

I don't know what's going on here but Wildcard appears to be a mirror of pinballclinic.com?
    http://www.pinballclinic.com/restoration.htm

Boy it sure is a complete copy. Time to call the lawyers I'd say.

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Yes, that whole section was taken from my web site along with other sections of his site. I tried calling the number listed, but there is no answer. I did send him an email though. We'll see what happens. I been around for almost 20 years and have a couple thousand happy customers and know quite a few lawyers who would escalate this for me if it came to that.

You could also leave negative reviews on his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/wildcardamusements/

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

Yes, that whole section was taken from my web site along with other sections of his site. I tried calling the number listed, but there is no answer. I did send him an email though. We'll see what happens. I been around for almost 20 years and have a couple thousand happy customers and know quite a few lawyers who would escalate this for me if it came to that.

I'd be screaming bloody murder. He's completely ripped off your material and representing it as his own. Plus he's making money from your work.

#440 6 years ago

I wonder if the website will be gone for more than 7 days this time?

1 week later
    #442 6 years ago

There *were* 14 reviews. I guess we need to add some more reviews.

#446 6 years ago

I noticed several reviews were deleted.

#449 6 years ago

Wildcard Amusements is back.

#458 6 years ago

Has anyone "signed up" on his site when you click on Pinball Repair Institute? I'm wondering if there is still other people's copyrighted material there? Having that sign in page prevents ordinary people from checking it out if you are not "approved". I've tried to access that portion, but all I get is a message saying awaiting approval by site owner.

#460 6 years ago

I did sign up and got a reply email stating I'm a member. However, when I try to log in, I get the message of awaiting approval of the site owner. So I can't see what material is posted there.

#462 6 years ago

More negative reviews are disappearing from his facebook page.

#463 6 years ago
    Quoted from castlesteve:

Yup. Page3 on this guy's site has pictures swiped off my restoration website.

Complain to Wix. They should remove them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kenlayton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website?tu=kenlayton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.