(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grizlyrig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

Funny that everyone is up in arms about this guy stealing content for his own personal gain, but don't give two shits if someone or a company does the same thing making unlicensed parts/art/etc...

Maybe because it's Clay and he actually helps get things fixed, those that are making parts for us to keep our machines alive do so because the parts are not normally available.
    -Mike

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

So it's ok to be totally hypocritical so long as it helps you out in the end.
    It's still theft either way you slice it

If I can't buy it in USA then I'll buy it overseas. I don't care how I get it.
    Do you realize how many vehicles Jay Leno has saved by having his machinists make his own parts that were not available?
    I'd be crazy not to try and keep my machines alive one way or the other.
    -Mike

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Glad I downloaded everything this morning.

I just don't think you needed any of that info. Remember I have read and followed your repair and update info here on pinside.
    -Mike

#161 6 years ago

If it matters I found this on www.thoughtco.com
    Question: How long does patent protection last? (As of year 2005)

Answer: Utility and plant patents are granted for a term which begins with the date of the grant and usually ends 20 years from the date the applications were filed. You must make the timely payment of the appropriate maintenance fees.

Design patents last 14 years from the date you are granted the patent. No maintenance fees are required for design patents.

-Mike

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from randyfromm:

FYI, copyrights last for 70 years BEYOND the death of the copyright holder.

This is true, however the problems that you guys are having are because of this info straight from copyright laws on the books.

Copyright applies only to certain copyrightable subject matter, codified within 17 U.S.C. § 102. Works that are not "original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression" are not subject to copyright. 17 U.S.C. § 102(b) codifies that copyright protection does not extend to ideas, procedures, processes, systems, etc. Facts may not be copyrighted. "Useful articles" may not be copyrighted. Useful articles includes typeface designs (Eltra Corp. v. Ringer), fashion designs, blank forms, titles, names, short phrases, slogans, lists of ingredients and contents, domain names and band names.

I hate to say that maybe instructional info falls under "useful articles"
    -Mike

#213 6 years ago

I have never seen Randys stuff so my thoughts mean nothing. I do think in this day in age if you put info on the web you have to expect someone to steal and display the "whatever it is" as their own for profit. I remember all to well learning about plagiarism when I was in school. This seems to fit that idea.
    -Mike

#216 6 years ago

So how did this happen?
    Did he buy the book and take the time to put every page into pdf? That takes alot of effort and sounds like a pia.But I am only guessing. Just sucks to see how all this has been unfolding.
    -Mike

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grizlyrig.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website?tu=grizlyrig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.