(Topic ID: 193875)

Who is "wildcard amusement"? highjacked my website...

By cfh

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 465 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cc (resized).jpg
    IMG_1616 (resized).PNG
    download-5 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1613 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1610 (resized).PNG
    download-4 (resized).jpg
    finish him stooges.gif
    images-13 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1601 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1273 (resized).JPG
    3732572 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1518 (resized).PNG
    220px-Thomas_Crapper_Toilet_Horta_Museum_Branding (resized).jpg
    Star_Wars_Teaching_Much_to_Learn (resized).jpg
    download-2 (resized).jpg
    download-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

So it's ok to be totally hypocritical so long as it helps you out in the end.
    It's still theft either way you slice it

So what's your point here?

Are you ok with what Guy Pinballeri is pulling here or are you just outraged there isn't enough outrage about other IP theft in pinball. Will you not support efforts to get Guy to stop his pinball IP theft until there is more outrage of unrelated IP pinball theft or are you just trying to raise further awareness of rampant pinball IP theft? Or do you support a double-pronged assault on pinball IP theft - in that you want Clay's rights protected but at the same time you would like to see concurrent efforts to stop other pinball IP theft?

Also do you have any specifics? What other pinball IP theft is upsetting you that you don't see enough attention on?

Quoted from Bendit:

No I'm not. Just an example.
    You are right, technically selling anything without permission is illegal (and wrong).
    There is a difference though, in the level of ass-holeness between the 2 scenarios.
    Wouldn't you agree?

I'm not sure "a-hole level measurement" is admissible in court. Theft is theft.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Copyright infringement is stealing.
    No way around it.

The owners of the IP of any and all avatars on Pinside are welcome to take the necessary legal action to get people to stop, but so far they either haven't noticed or it doesn't seem to be much of a priority.

The actions of this small potatoes pindouche however have not gone unnoticed.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

So it's only stealing if the owner notices the theft?

Obviously not. Never heard of anybody getting a C+D for an avatar though so you'd have to figure most people don't care.

And hey I'm no IP lawyer but maybe it falls under fair use?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-is-wildcard-amusement-highjacked-my-website?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.